MRFCS Aileron Flapping

Yurgon

When flying a light A-10C on Manual Reversion, it starts to develop roll oscillations as soon as the hydraulics systems lose pressure. Without much stick deflection to either side, the aircraft banks right, left, right, left and so on. The ailerons can be seen flapping up and down in quick succession.

When flying an A-10C loaded with some weapons under the wings, there are no such roll oscillations and the ailerons remain in a relatively neutral position in MRFCS.

I'm posting this in Bugs and Problems with the assumption that these roll oscillations are unintended behavior, but maybe I'm wrong and the aircraft is supposed to behave like that. I'd be glad if someone could clarify in this case.

Tested in:

2.5.4.29167 Stable (MP; 3 other MP clients also confirmed the exact same behavior)

2.5.4.30038 Open Beta (SP)

2 tracks attached; one showing the aileron flapping on a light A-10C and the other showing a relatively stable A-10C with one of the default weapon loadouts (4*Mav and a few others).

Caucasus_A-10C_MRFCS_Aileron_Flapping.trk

Caucasus_A-10C_MRFCS_Aileron_Not_Flapping.trk

This same behaviour happened to me in DLC Campaign Advanced ATQ by maple, in one of the missions if I remember correctly I had to land in MRFCS mode and I thought that the behaviour of the A10C was not very realistic.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• 3 months later...

I can confirm this, just tried in 2.5.5.34864, so this is still happening. Clean A-10 has massive aileron flapping, while even putting an ECM pod and a TGP on makes it easily flyable. Any update from ED on this? This doesn't seem intended.

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord