VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Are you running VA / Vaicom as an administrator?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

so i returned to DCS after a good year and started playing again using Viacom pro. I have the licensed version as i always have. when i left, it worked flawlessly. very very seldom would it not pick up. Now that i have come back

i can not get it to understand any words i say. if i say something like Playboy, Checking in. It spits out Playboy Checking out as the registered command most times or it puts into voice attack screen Playboy, To checking in.

Seems to add "to" too a lot of things. I have done the speech training over and over and over again. when i do the windows speech training it seems to train just fine, goes all the way through it.

just seems that for the life of me i can not get viacom to work any longer.

Also, i do have a few commands that i have set myself in viacom pro. like Gear up, and canopy down. those work just fine. any advice on what i can do to fix this? right now its just not usable.

I preatty much just had to go back the the communication menu just to use Jtac

so i returned to DCS after a good year and started playing again using Viacom pro. I have the licensed version as i always have. when i left, it worked flawlessly. very very seldom would it not pick up. Now that i have come back

i can not get it to understand any words i say. if i say something like Playboy, Checking in. It spits out Playboy Checking out as the registered command most times or it puts into voice attack screen Playboy, To checking in.

Seems to add "to" too a lot of things. I have done the speech training over and over and over again. when i do the windows speech training it seems to train just fine, goes all the way through it.

just seems that for the life of me i can not get viacom to work any longer.

Also, i do have a few commands that i have set myself in viacom pro. like Gear up, and canopy down. those work just fine. any advice on what i can do to fix this? right now its just not usable.

I preatty much just had to go back the the communication menu just to use Jtac

Which versions of VA and Vaicom are you running?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

So I installed voice attack, and then vaicom pro. I went to the editor and started training keywords. All was going pretty well (except it didnt like to recognize the word 'thousand') any I kept going. After a while I needed a break. I hit 'finish', a dialog box came up telling me to do something. Now I have an error in the voice attack console: 416 missing aliases

How do I fix this? In vaicom pro, in the editor tab , the command phrase box is empty.

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

Not sure if this is the right place, but for a feature request could we have the intercom available as a channel on the F-5 with WoW? yes the real jet doesn't have one but that was always my analogue to yelling at the ground crew with the top open and giving hand signals.

Not sure if this is the right place, but for a feature request could we have the intercom available as a channel on the F-5 with WoW? yes the real jet doesn't have one but that was always my analogue to yelling at the ground crew with the top open and giving hand signals.

Use Multi instead of Normal on the PTT page rotary switch and it will be available. And the ground crew hears anything you say on any radio anyhow, so you don't really need that unless you are stickler for realism.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

I am having an issue with Viacom Kneeboard extension. I have noticed that on CASE II and III recovery, the ATC tab in the Kneeboard does not show any of the information (blue writing) from ATC. In CASE I it works fine and gives BRC ect.., but It shows nothing for CASE II or III when I call in "Inbound". Any help is greatly appreciated, Crashbar.

On 11/27/2020 at 6:21 AM, sthompson said:

Use Multi instead of Normal on the PTT page rotary switch and it will be available. And the ground crew hears anything you say on any radio anyhow, so you don't really need that unless you are stickler for realism.

ehh, the way i have it bound would make it talk over SRS, which i don't mind for stuff like ATC or the tanker but if its just me yelling at the ground crew no one needs to hear that

Hi Hollywood,

I am using VAICOM plugin for WWII planes only. It is a great tool and I love it.

Unfortunatelly it seems to not work with FW 190A-8

The correct behaviour with other WWII planes:

I press PTT button on my joystick and then I spoke command. The command is immediately carried out without opening comm menu. But if I want to open Comm menu I can do it anytime via "Radio pushbutton" (RALT +  /)

The incorrect behaviour in FW 190A-8 missions:

I press PTT button on my joystick and then I spoke command. The command is not carried out untill I press "Radio pushbutton" (RALT +  /) twice (!). If I do not do this, the spoken command is not carried out despite Voice Attack recognize it correctly and I also do not see Comm menu until I press "Radio pushbutton" once again (e.g. for the third time).

If I say 2 commands in succession, I have to press radio pushbutton 4x + 1x to see Comm menu,

If I say 3 commands in succession, I have to press radio pushbutton 6x + 1x to see Comm menu etc...

Do not know what cause this behaviour but I tested VAICOM with Spits and P-51s with different missions and campaigns and it works well there...

Do I miss something with FW 190A settings or is it a bug?

Edited by tapi

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

1 hour ago, tapi said:

Hi Hollywood,

I am using VAICOM plugin for WWII planes only. It is a great tool and I love it.

Unfortunatelly it seems to not work with FW 190A-8

The correct behaviour with other WWII planes:

I press PTT button on my joystick and then I spoke command. The command is immediately carried out without opening comm menu. But if I want to open Comm menu I can do it anytime via "Radio pushbutton" (RALT +  /)

The incorrect behaviour in FW 190A-8 missions:

I press PTT button on my joystick and then I spoke command. The command is not carried out untill I press "Radio pushbutton" (RALT +  /) twice (!). If I do not do this, the spoken command is not carried out despite Voice Attack recognize it correctly and I also do not see Comm menu until I press "Radio pushbutton" once again (e.g. for the third time).

If I say 2 commands in succession, I have to press radio pushbutton 4x + 1x to see Comm menu,

If I say 3 commands in succession, I have to press radio pushbutton 6x + 1x to see Comm menu etc...

Do not know what cause this behaviour but I tested VAICOM with Spits and P-51s with different missions and campaigns and it works well there...

Do I miss something with FW 190A settings or is it a bug?

The FW 190A is a known issue at the moment, along with the BF109 and the Yak-52. You need to use Easy Comms ON for these planes

18 hours ago, Valkyrien said:

ehh, the way i have it bound would make it talk over SRS, which i don't mind for stuff like ATC or the tanker but if its just me yelling at the ground crew no one needs to hear that

Well, as I said before, you can make Intercom available in the F-5 over TX5 using the current version of VAICOM by simply rotating VAICOM's PTT dial to MULTI. And if you already have TX5 bound as an SRS key too then you can also talk to the ground crew using TX6 with the dial in that position. 

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

7 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

The FW 190A is a known issue at the moment, along with the BF109 and the Yak-52. You need to use Easy Comms ON for these planes

THX very much, I did not know that.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Topic search didn't bring this up, so I rather ask: is there any dark mode for the kneeboard? Maybe it is rather a DCS question, but during a night mission the kneeboard nearly burns out my eyes, when it appears as a freaking flashlight to my face.

Sorry, if wrong place to ask, appreciate if someone points me out where has this question been discussed on DCS forum.

What I have done is state the Tabs and see what is listed in the Voiceattack list.  For example, I would say "JTAC", and it would show up as "J TAC" in voiceattack.  To resolve it, I added "J TAC" to my command list. I did that for all the troublesome tabs.  The first and last Tab worked with no changes.

I'm not sure those are commands for Kneeboard. Did you look at Voice Attack listening page to see what VA recognizes when you say ANvil or Chrystal palace?
Anvil and Crystal Palace should work but you have to say page after them (unless you have set the autoswitch option in Vaicom config). The first and last tabs use the Show command e.g. Show Tasking Order

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

You mean Auto Browse?...
Yes - the joys of responding with nothing but memory to hand...

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Adding this error here for visibility, sent an email to support and also posted on discord:

I have begun getting crashes and partial lock ups in DCS running vaicom pro.  This all began Monday after no software changes that I was aware of.  The DCS log is generating multiple values of the following:

2020-12-15 01:07:25.875 ERROR   COCKPITBASE: VAICOMPRO::update:[string "Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/Cockpit/VAICOMPRO/device/VAICOMPRO_Device.lua"]:405: attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue 'timer' (a nil value)

Each time causes the VR to stutter and nearly lock up.  And eventually it causes DCS to just freeze altogether. I have attached the DCS log for reference.  Any help would be appreciated.

dcs_VAICOM error.log