VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I'm not running in debug mode any longer … reinstalled VoiceAttack and Viacom Pro and still get the "UNABLE TO ACCESS COMMAND, COMMAND NOT AVAILABLE (Chatter)" notification in the notification window... Chatter is in the VIACOMPRO/Extensions folder in the Voice-Attack Apps folder... However, I don't see it in the Extensions Packs folder in the application in the "Edit a Profile" window within Voice-Attack.

Have you registered the Chatter extension using the About tab of the VAICOM config window (if not sure, click on the List button to the right and it will tell you what is registered

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

@ hornblower793

Only VA running and hit LCRTL + LALT + C and nothing happens.

Content of window:

11:58:37.077 Plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' initialized.

11:58:37.076 Ready for commands.

11:58:37.058 Listening suspended

11:58:35.419 Initializing..

11:58:35.419 Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.

11:58:35.419 VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: FREE

11:58:35.334 Plugin support enabled.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Have you tried adding the individual words to the Windows speech dictionary and then tried the command again, possibly also trying to change your speech pattern slightly, speak slightly slower, bigger gap between words etc.

If none of this works, then adding an alias for the command might be the best option

Yeah I mentioned it in my original post. (Not so clearly) Tried to speak it in many ways, but always the same result sadly

@ hornblower793

Only VA running and hit LCRTL + LALT + C and nothing happens.

Content of window:

11:58:37.077 Plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' initialized.

11:58:37.076 Ready for commands.

11:58:37.058 Listening suspended

11:58:35.419 Initializing..

11:58:35.419 Press LCtrl+LAlt+C for config.

11:58:35.419 VAICOM PRO for DCS World. License: FREE

11:58:35.334 Plugin support enabled.

Have you checked the issues in Hollywood's FAQ?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4311067&postcount=5

If there are still issues I will try and help once I have gone and had supper

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

SRS/VAICOM Synthesis

Hey Ciribob and Hollywood ,

Prelude:

I’m cross-posting this because I think you’d both like to see it, and I think it will take both of you to implement. The SRS update this week bringing MIDS functionality is really awesome, and it couldn’t have come at a better time since I’m spending most of my time in the hornet these days and we’ve got Super Carrier coming (fingers crossed). However, it did exaggerate a problem that I think I and anyone else who uses VAICOM has run into; buttons, or the lack thereof. In the past you guys have done some collaboration to try and make an integrated system to make unified SRS/VAICOM setups possible, I’ve played around with this but found various disadvantages in certain situations, the current method of holding the desired radio TX node, giving an AI command, then speaking on SRS can cause problems on frequencies that have both AI and human recipients like AWACS and ATC if you are trying to say something to players and don’t have a preceding AI command. It is convenient that it can detect frequencies that have no AI and will go straight to SRS transmission, except if I’m trying to tune that radio with the select tunes radio feature, in which case other players will hear me. So up till now I’ve been using the more direct method of mapping my VAICOM and SRS buttons separately. On my 4-way + Push comms switch, I have up/down on SRS 1/2, fore/aft on VAICOM TX-1/2, and push as VAICOM TX-5 INT. But with the introduction of MIDS I’m out of luck, no way I can fit two additional radios on the same hat, unless...

Idea:

I think that a large portion of users have their comms mapped to 4-way + Push hats as found on the TM Warthog and VPC throttles. The problem is that these hats are gated and can only output a single button at a time, my idea is for the SRS+VAICOM software to get around this and allow for the push function to inhibit one program's transmission/listening. Basically, the user would push in the hat, and then move to one of their 4 directions, the software(s) would be monitoring button inputs and detecting whether the hat had been pushed in first before going in one of the 4 directions, and depending on this, transmitting over SRS or listening in VAICOM. To be clear, the push in on the hat isn’t “toggling” which program is used as in back and forth (although that could work, though I think it would be less intuitive), rather you would always push in and then pick a direction when issuing VAICOM commands, and SRS would be triggered by just pressing the same direction without a preceding push in. I’ve tested with my throttle and found that pushing in on the hat, then moving to one of the directions, there is no delay between it switching output, it goes directly from the push to the directional, but maybe there should be small (adjustable?) delay for different hotas kits or worn out switches.

I know this sounds very similar to using a modifier button but differs in a few key ways:

-As stated before, many 4-way + Push hats are gated (only one output at a time) and cannot use the push as a modifier.

-In this implementation the SRS/VAICOM software is monitoring if the directional press was preceded by the push in on the hat to determine behavior.

-Compared to simultaneous broadcast, this implementation would actually inhibit transmission over SRS when talking to AI or VAICOM listening and trying to parse speech directed towards other players.

Example:

Let's say I have the push function set to inhibit SRS transmission, and I’m tuned into ATC frequency that has both AI and people; if I simply press my comms hat in a direction, I will be transmitting over SRS, I can make my calls for example taking the runway, coordinating with human ATC etc. When I want to talk to the AI, I just push the hat in, then go in the same direction, no SRS voice transmissions are made, and VAICOM starts listening so I can give commands to the AI ATC (or whatever is on the frequency).

A example of near-universal mapping would be as follows:

(no push in)/(push in first)

SRS/VACIOM

Up: Radio 1/ TX1

Down: Radio 2/ TX2

Fore: Radio 3(MIDS A)/ TX3

Aft: Radio 4(MIDS B)+SRS Intercom/ TX INT

(double binding SRS radio 4 (MIDS B) and SRS’s intercom channel is for compatibility in the Tomcat, since it has no radio 4 it shouldn’t be an issue)

Maybe it could also be configured by user preference the reverse way so that AI transmission was the default (no preceding push in), and pushing in would switch to SRS broadcasting. It could even do this automatically in singleplayer or if SRS was off. If it is set up so that the push in action triggers VAICOM commands, I think it could maybe be even be set up so that just pushing in and not going in a direction could be used as a general Voice Attack command PTT for functions outside VAICOM, or DCS voice chat, giving a grand total of 9 individually addressable voice channels.

Compared to the current implementation of holding the TX button, giving AI command, then speaking on SRS, I think this method allows for much greater speed, and user control, as you no longer start with an AI transmission, you can go directly, and exclusively; to whichever frequency and program you want.

OK sorry for the wall of text, I know I repeated myself a lot. Spent a while thinking about this and just wanted to make sure I was expressing the idea clearly. To me this would be the absolutely ideal comms setup. Maybe I’ve missed something, maybe people have already thought of this or it's technically impossible due to the limitations of Voice Attack or how windows handles buttons. I hope we can someday have a universal system like this, let me know what you guys think!

@ hornblower793

No brainer...all good now at after viewing Hollywood post you recommended.

VA keyboard shortcuts disabled was the culprit, took me a minute to find the icon.

PRO version initialized and config page accessible via LCtrl+LAlt+C

Thanks for your help and quick responses, I'm sure I'll be back for more...cheers..

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

@ hornblower793

No brainer...all good now at after viewing Hollywood post you recommended.

VA keyboard shortcuts disabled was the culprit, took me a minute to find the icon.

PRO version initialized and config page accessible via LCtrl+LAlt+C

Thanks for your help and quick responses, I'm sure I'll be back for more...cheers..

Glad to be of help and glad it is working:thumbup:

In a related issue, to my previous submission about Voice Attack recognizing what I say but taking no action... The DCS comms menu cycles in view and out again about every 7 or 8 seconds. It does this despite my having selected in the Viacom Pro plugin to HIDE MENUS. Another possible clue to what’s happening is that Viacom Pro doesn’t always recognize the MODULE I’m in... This program is very useful when it works, but it has high overhead to keep working. I’m hoping that it’s just me not having something set correctly... just need to find out what that is.

Hollywood 315... I reviewed your FAQ#4 earlier... I learned a few things and would like to see your FAQ 1-3... but so far haven’t been able to locate them.

Edited by Bonz

In a related issue, to my previous submission about Voice Attack recognizing what I say but taking no action... The DCS comms menu cycles in view and out again about every 7 or 8 seconds. It does this despite my having selected in the Viacom Pro plugin to HIDE MENUS. Another possible clue to what’s happening is that Viacom Pro doesn’t always recognize the MODULE I’m in... This program is very useful when it works, but it has high overhead to keep working. I’m hoping that it’s just me not having something set correctly... just need to find out what that is.

Hollywood 315... I reviewed your FAQ#4 earlier... I learned a few things and would like to see your FAQ 1-3... but so far haven’t been able to locate them.

Any time DCS updates or sometimes when repaired, you need to remap the DCS path in the Config tab. This will stop your menu from flashing like that. Make sure and use the DCS path not the saved games path.

Chamby

Cant copy the updated words to the clipboard anymore.

In the Editor tab i press finish but nothing is copied into the clibboard.

Month ago it worked.....

7700k@5.0, 2080Ti OC, 960Pro M2, 32GB 3600 RAM, Virpil T-50CM stick, Virpil T-50 throttle, Trustmaster TPR rudder, HP Reverb consumer

Go back to Hollywoods post FAQ #4 and click top right corner topic title "FAQ". Voilá...

Cant copy the updated words to the clipboard anymore.

In the Editor tab i press finish but nothing is copied into the clibboard.

Month ago it worked.....

How have you checked they are not copied?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Daisy chaining in Vaicom Pro/Voice Attack

I've had Vaicom Pro for a year but am only now seriously trying to use it. I've read the manual and watched a couple of videos, but I'm still not "getting it." How exactly do I "daisy chain" my existing DCS profiles for Voice Attack with Vaicom Pro? Load them both at the same time and map the TX 6 radio button to communicate with VA?

Maybe I'm misreading the manual or being too literal-minded, but the manual seems to say or imply that Vaicom Pro is the only profile I need since it automatically reads and adapts to all DCS modules. Is that even possible? Each module has different keyboard commands, etc.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm baffled at the moment.

aka MadMonk; Windows 10, 64 bit, Radeon 6800XT gpu, Ryzen 5 5600 cpu, 32 gig ram; Samsung 2TB EVO SSD, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Saitek combat rudder pedals; Oculus Rift.

I've had Vaicom Pro for a year but am only now seriously trying to use it. I've read the manual and watched a couple of videos, but I'm still not "getting it." How exactly do I "daisy chain" my existing DCS profiles for Voice Attack with Vaicom Pro? Load them both at the same time and map the TX 6 radio button to communicate with VA?

Maybe I'm misreading the manual or being too literal-minded, but the manual seems to say or imply that Vaicom Pro is the only profile I need since it automatically reads and adapts to all DCS modules. Is that even possible? Each module has different keyboard commands, etc.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm baffled at the moment.

I'm not in front of my computer, but edit the VAICOM PRO Profile, then open options or something for the profile, and there you will find away to "include other profiles".

Add as many as you want, in preferred order.

There also rykte possibility to make a profile global in VA. I do this for Windows, Spotify etc.

No need for extra TX buttons for the other VA profiles loaded. You can use anyone as Voice Attack will just pass the command along when it's not in the VAICOM keywords list. VA pass commands like this, loaded profile, included profiles, global profiles.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

You might want to use the AUX or INT PTT for any commands that you want to execute in an aircraft without power to the radios, cold & dark for example. The PTT1 - PTT4 buttons require the radio to be powered before being enabled.

For example, I have a command, because I'm lazy, to Cheat startup the aircraft, so use the AUX PTT for that.

I've had Vaicom Pro for a year but am only now seriously trying to use it. I've read the manual and watched a couple of videos, but I'm still not "getting it." How exactly do I "daisy chain" my existing DCS profiles for Voice Attack with Vaicom Pro?

If you had your own profile before VAICOM, go into Voice Attack main screen, click Edit profiles... (right top, square with a pencil in it)

In the pop up Edit profile... window, top row right from Profile name window, click Options

In the Profile options window Profile General tab, down the middle, click the "three dots" button right from "Include command from other profile" window, and select the profile you want to daisy chain.

ALso do not forget to make VAICOM profile as default to load on VoiceAttack startup.

However VAICOM defaults to listen only as long your TX button is pressed, so if you want VoiceAttack to listen to your older, daisy chained command, you might want to remove "start listening" function from your VAICOM profile TX button functions, as well as remove "Stop listening" from the "When released" functions.

..or use the "Rel Hot" function on the PTT tab, to leave the mic hot for non-Vaicom Pro commands.

It's a bit of a pain though, as your VA log gets pretty busy with lots of spurious entries, caused by ambient noise. I think i must make a few "grunting" noises when I'm in the heat of battle, but it's still surprising how VA can find unintended commands among them. :)

Thanks guys. I’ll try this. Great advice.

aka MadMonk; Windows 10, 64 bit, Radeon 6800XT gpu, Ryzen 5 5600 cpu, 32 gig ram; Samsung 2TB EVO SSD, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Saitek combat rudder pedals; Oculus Rift.

Hi, sry if this has been asked many times before, I've did a search of the thread and I've found no real answers.

I've bought the ViacomPro today and after spending almost the entire day of watching videos and learning what it is and how to use it and how to set it up.

The primary reason why I got it was talking to Jester, don't really care for other stuff.

So ... as I went to try it out I noticed none of my old stuff worked that I had set up via VA, thought it was funny then went to try to open the Jester Wheel and it's not working.

Few google searches and some Ctrl + F through manual and I see the following:

https://i.imgur.com/qwHp3T0.png

Why wasn't this mentioned in like notes somewhere before you can buy this?

*Cough Cough*: https://i.imgur.com/d97W9CN.png

This makes this entire thing pointless to me ...

I thought it would be really cool addition to what I already have but no ...

Is there any way to have the ability to use Jester Wheel + AIRIO at the same time?

If not then this entire thing is pointless to me ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

...but one of, if not the main, reason for Vaicom Pro is to replace the need for menus with the spoken word. Why would you need both?

As for your existing Voice Attack profiles, you will still be able to use them. You can either import your profile commands into the Vaicom Pro profile, which means you will need to repeat this when VP is updated, or daisy chain them.

...but one of, if not the main, reason for Vaicom Pro is to replace the need for menus with the spoken word. Why would you need both?

As for your existing Voice Attack profiles, you will still be able to use them. You can either import your profile commands into the Vaicom Pro profile, which means you will need to repeat this when VP is updated, or daisy chain them.

Daisy-chaining my profile with Viacom profile was the first thing I did ... As for why I would need both it's because I do not want to remember every single possible way of saying stuff to my RIO.

And sometimes I'm unable to speak for every little thing I need Jester to do.

VIACOM is cool specific "ease of use" case for few stuff that would really help in way of doing things in the F-14.

But if it disables the normal Jester wheel just by being "enabled" then it's completely useless to me and waste of money.

Like how on earth do I tell jester now to lock specific target in RWS for example??

From what I can tell ... It's not possible ...

I can already imagine patches where heatblur adds new options and I have to wait for Viacom to update their stuff lol ...

Why make your setup dependent on someone else?

Either way ... after some extra research, it appears that I can't have AIRIO extension running and have jester wheel setup at the same time so this entire VIACOM thing is pointless to me and waste of money.

Sesh what a waste of the entire day ... for nothing ...

Are refunds possible and do I just need to e-mail "info@vaicompro.com" in that case?

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit