VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Have you tried the following from the FAQ troubleshooting

[TABLE]Symptom Module name not shown on PTT page

Symptom Not functioning after DCS update

Cause Faulty lua install due to incorrect or missing DCS path in Windows registry

Remedy Set DCS program files path with Custom Path option (Config tab)

Remedy Fix DCS install path in Windows registry (use regedit) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Path

[/TABLE]

For the last line the path should be to the root install of your DCS installation (mine is E:\Games\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta as an example)

My registry doesnt have HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Path, only the module names, within them there are not location keys either. Steam edition different?

I'm looking for help. I too am getting no module name in the Viacom window and the "There are currently no ATC recipients available." message when trying to transmit. I've tried all the advice in the above quote and rolling Viacom back to an earlier version. nothing works. I'm very reluctant to reinstall DCS due to very slow internet, changing from OB to the standard version took in excess of 26 hours. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

You sound like you have the exact problem i had, i fixed the hook in by copying the export.lua file and the viacom folder from the C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\scripts folder to the C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts.

Vaicom now works but still doesnt see the module, but this doesnt really matter if you set up the profile in voice attack to use the same hat switch buttons or whatever you want to use as the comm buttons in DCS. Not sure if this is needed but it seems to work for me. (open the vaicom profile by the box with a pencil inside at the top right, go to the 'push to talk' list and double click the items in the button column, assign tx1, 2, 3, 4 to your hat or skip 4 and assign 6 to use your custom commands)

for info, I use SRS too, i disabled the two ptions to integrate it and use the PTT on the MP page in vaicom and also disabled the setting in SRS to use comm switches as PTT and just configured a separate PTT button for SRS to keep it simple too.

Hi everyone,

New user to VAICOMPRO and just got the Pro license a couple of days ago. Been enjoying it very much with DCS.

Would like to check if VAICOMPRO is treating the Aviojet C-101EB and C-101CC variants as the same aircraft module because the radio set up is different for each variant?

I've noticed that on the VAICOMPRO Config LED Panel, the radios show the EB radio configuration (AN/ARC-134 VHF and AN/ARC-164 UHF Radio), even when I'm flying the CC Variant (VHF-20B and the V/TVU-740 V/UHF Radio).

While VAICOMPRO works perfectly with the EB, I am unable to use VAICOMPRO "Select" command to changes the frequency of the VHF-20B Radio in the CC. The "Select" command is able to change the frequency of the V/TVU-740 though.

Hi everyone,

New user to VAICOMPRO and just got the Pro license a couple of days ago. Been enjoying it very much with DCS.

Would like to check if VAICOMPRO is treating the Aviojet C-101EB and C-101CC variants as the same aircraft module because the radio set up is different for each variant?

I've noticed that on the VAICOMPRO Config LED Panel, the radios show the EB radio configuration (AN/ARC-134 VHF and AN/ARC-164 UHF Radio), even when I'm flying the CC Variant (VHF-20B and the V/TVU-740 V/UHF Radio).

While VAICOMPRO works perfectly with the EB, I am unable to use VAICOMPRO "Select" command to changes the frequency of the VHF-20B Radio in the CC. The "Select" command is able to change the frequency of the V/TVU-740 though.

I think it's working the same for me in both aircraft. I'll have a look later.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

You sound like you have the exact problem i had, i fixed the hook in by copying the export.lua file and the viacom folder from the C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\scripts folder to the C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts.

Vaicom now works but still doesnt see the module, but this doesnt really matter if you set up the profile in voice attack to use the same hat switch buttons or whatever you want to use as the comm buttons in DCS. Not sure if this is needed but it seems to work for me. (open the vaicom profile by the box with a pencil inside at the top right, go to the 'push to talk' list and double click the items in the button column, assign tx1, 2, 3, 4 to your hat or skip 4 and assign 6 to use your custom commands)

for info, I use SRS too, i disabled the two ptions to integrate it and use the PTT on the MP page in vaicom and also disabled the setting in SRS to use comm switches as PTT and just configured a separate PTT button for SRS to keep it simple too.

Haven't really tested SRS, yet.

But to use commands from other VA profiles, I use can use any TX button.

There's really only one module I need to use the intercom for, before I turn on the radio, and that's the Mirage.

As for using the same TXs as radio buttons in DCS, I would not recommend it, as it displays the radio menu in DCS, which I don't want for the emersion factor. For the times I need the radio menu for specific F10 options, I press a TX, say options, keep the TX pressed, and then "Take 10, Take 2" etc.

Now, it works for you, but it's strange that it still won't identify your modules.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

My registry doesnt have HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Path, only the module names, within them there are not location keys either. Steam edition different?[/quote

Mine is present although listed alphabetically amongst the modules, although I'm not on steam

Edited by Chuckie99

Cause Faulty lua install due to incorrect or missing DCS path in Windows registry

Remedy Fix DCS install path in Windows registry (use regedit) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Path

[/TABLE]

For the last line the path should be to the root install of your DCS installation (mine is E:\Games\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta as an example)

I have attached a screen shot of the appropriate Reg Edit page, What if anything needs to be edited?

2009728013_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.cd891f8d3543f6b06e048c2d62a411b8.png

I have attached a screen shot of the appropriate Reg Edit page, What if anything needs to be edited?

[ATTACH]234499[/ATTACH]

Assuming your install path for DCS is C:\Program Files.... then that looks fine

Please could you confirm which version of VA and Vaicom you are using.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hi. Can someone help me with this?

How can I configure VAICOM to listen to me also through a channel that is not linked to the airplane radios? I am interested in having an independent communication channel in which the other players do not hear the general commands that I send. Such as opening menus or opening the map, etc.

Thank you in advance.

Assuming your install path for DCS is C:\Program Files.... then that looks fine

Please could you confirm which version of VA and Vaicom you are using.

It is C:\Program files

I'm using Voice attack version 1.8.5 and Viacom version 2.5.18

That'll do it and i suspect that INT, as well as AUX, does not require your aircraft's radios to be activated, to allow you to do things like firing off the cheat startup and asking the chief to remove the wheel-chocks.

Note that the PATH advice in the FAQ is for STABLE. The registry key for Open Beta is different. On my system it is...

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Path

I imagine things could go bad if you mixed these up.

Could be different for Steam. I don't use that.

[/TABLE]

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

That has not been my experience with the PTT switch set to Normal.

That'll do it and i suspect that INT, as well as AUX, does not require your aircraft's radios to be activated, to allow you to do things like firing off the cheat startup and asking the chief to remove the wheel-chocks.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Hey, wanted to ask a question.

I have a problem with one certain word. When I say "Hold Position" the engine recongnizes it as "held position at".

I tried to fix it by adding the pronounciation to the dictionary. It worked firstly, but when I restarted VoiceAttack it went back again to "held position at". And now when I add the pronouncation again it doesn't work anymore.

I haven't got any problems, except this one. Is there other way to fix it other than adding different word to that command?

I'm not running in debug mode any longer … reinstalled VoiceAttack and Viacom Pro and still get the "UNABLE TO ACCESS COMMAND, COMMAND NOT AVAILABLE (Chatter)" notification in the notification window... Chatter is in the VIACOMPRO/Extensions folder in the Voice-Attack Apps folder... However, I don't see it in the Extensions Packs folder in the application in the "Edit a Profile" window within Voice-Attack.

Edited by Bonz

Recognizes Command but takes no Action

Recognition of command (evidence in Notification window) but no Action... I've been using Voice Attack with Viacom Pro for a long time. This particular problem keeps coming back... I search for a fix and think I apply it correctly … the problem disappears for a few days, but returns... So I guess I just don't understand what's causing it and/or I'm applying the fix incorrectly or applying the wrong fix. Can someone help me understand this issue and hopefully help me solve it permanently.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to access the 'plugin configuration window'.

I just today paid for the PRO version, installed it and it works. I can't get to the panel to enter my registration info.

I start IrTracker, then V/A, then DCS...open and start a mission. I'm sitting at Batumi (cold) and hit LCRTL + LALT + C and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

When I call a carrier ATC via VAICOM PRO (e.g. "inbound") I just hear me pilot calling a tower frequency digits.

But If I use a keyboard sequence \ - F5 - Stennis - inbound - I can hear all the procedure.

What I do wrong?

i7-6700k (4.7 GHz) // RAM 32 Gb // GTX 1070 // // Windows 10 64-bit LTSB;

VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro + VKB MCG Pro // BRD-F1(v.2) // Oculus Rift cv1 // BRD-N(v. №4) // VKB King Cobra MkII Fat // VKB King Cobra MkIII Fat // Saitek X55 // Saitek throttle Quadrant // Microsoft FFB 2 // Saitek X45 // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog // VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals // VKB RDRXXI-L // TrackIR 5

Can someone tell me what I need to do to access the 'plugin configuration window'.

I just today paid for the PRO version, installed it and it works. I can't get to the panel to enter my registration info.

I start IrTracker, then V/A, then DCS...open and start a mission. I'm sitting at Batumi (cold) and hit LCRTL + LALT + C and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Have you tried accessing the panel with just VA running - you don't need to be in DCS to do it (also try it without IRTracker running as well)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hey, wanted to ask a question.

I have a problem with one certain word. When I say "Hold Position" the engine recongnizes it as "held position at".

I tried to fix it by adding the pronounciation to the dictionary. It worked firstly, but when I restarted VoiceAttack it went back again to "held position at". And now when I add the pronouncation again it doesn't work anymore.

I haven't got any problems, except this one. Is there other way to fix it other than adding different word to that command?

Have you tried adding the individual words to the Windows speech dictionary and then tried the command again, possibly also trying to change your speech pattern slightly, speak slightly slower, bigger gap between words etc.

If none of this works, then adding an alias for the command might be the best option