Change Players or AI role via trigger actions

-Demon-

Hi there,

I just tumbled over that issue and wanted to ask if there is anybody who might know how to solve that problem.

I am about to make a mission where an airplane gets hitch hiked and the player has to intercept that airplane and needs to try to force it to follow the flightgroup or the hitchhiker starts to attacking. That will occur by random selections with flag values.

My problem now is: if the aircraft is hostile, it wont follow me (as trigger action "follow", I only can choose friendly units)

If the aircraft is friendly, it won't attack me.

Anyone any idea how to resolve that? I am thinking of a trigger which changes the actual role from blue to red or vica versa.

Many thanks for any hint.

Cheers

Demon

Member of the VDS - Virtual Dragons

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

:pilotfly:

You can't switch the coalition that a group/unit belongs to, but you can Group Activate and Deactivate. Problem that I see with your scenario is that once the plane is in route, you can't easily deactivate it and activate an opposite coalition plane in the same place in the air, unless you want to use LUA to grab the 1st plane's coordinates to use for activating the second one. See the attached mission that has LUA code in it to spawn a ground group at the coordinates of a helicopter wherever the heli lands.

Regardless of how you approach it, you are going to get a different a/c skin with each coalition,,, exception,,,, the Yak-40 for Georgia and for the USAF Aggressors is currently using the same skin; I reported that as a bug and hope it gets fixed.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.