FARP spawning position

0xDEADBEEF

Hi guys!

I'm trying to understand better how FARPS work. Is there a way via lua to find out on wich position of the farp the next aircraft is going to be spawned? For instance, 3 choppers have spawned one after the other, 2 have flown away, one is still at the farp. Is it going to be spawned on slot 4 or on slot 1, since its the first free slot? Or does it just go clockwise and there is no check at all if there is a helicopter on the farp when you spawn? I'd like to write a script utilizing the gamegui api that prevents spawnkilling on farps ... or has spawnkilling already been solved by an update?

thanks!

beef

Haven't really tested it in a while but the rules can't really be controlled and they appear to be different for players and AI. If I recall if you set 4 flights of 1 aircraft to spawn at the same time on a farp they will spawn one flight at a time, when an flight takes off, the next spawns. For clients it allows players to spawn whenever they want. I think if you set only 4 client aircraft to spawn on the farp each unit will spawn in a different spot. Or at least when you spawn while another aircraft that recently spawned is on the pad it will put you someplace else. It is not recommended to have any more than 4 clients set to spawn on a given farp as I don't think the game attempts to handle it.

GameGui has nothing to do with mission scripting, its there to give you control over server functions.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I have recently made a mission (with the last build of 1.5) and the behaviour seems to be changed: if you have a group of helos at a FARP then the clients cannot spawn and get a message saying "your flight has been delayed". Seems a good way to prevent using a FARP: just put a group on there with "Uncontrolled" checked.

Haven't really tested it in a while but the rules can't really be controlled and they appear to be different for players and AI. If I recall if you set 4 flights of 1 aircraft to spawn at the same time on a farp they will spawn one flight at a time, when an flight takes off, the next spawns. For clients it allows players to spawn whenever they want. I think if you set only 4 client aircraft to spawn on the farp each unit will spawn in a different spot. Or at least when you spawn while another aircraft that recently spawned is on the pad it will put you someplace else. It is not recommended to have any more than 4 clients set to spawn on a given farp as I don't think the game attempts to handle it.

GameGui has nothing to do with mission scripting, its there to give you control over server functions.

Well I was thinking of checking birth and takeoff events via gamegui, if you have 4 birth-events and no takeoff event for a farp, you could assume there is no space on the farp, and prevent spawn like xcom does in blueflag.

I have recently made a mission (with the last build of 1.5) and the behaviour seems to be changed: if you have a group of helos at a FARP then the clients cannot spawn and get a message saying "your flight has been delayed". Seems a good way to prevent using a FARP: just put a group on there with "Uncontrolled" checked.

well seems that script would be obsolete then :)

Am a right to assume that FARPS dont capture? So if you got a red FARP with no units near and land on it with a blue chopper it stays red and the blue chopper cant rearm/refuel?

Am a right to assume that FARPS dont capture? So if you got a red FARP with no units near and land on it with a blue chopper it stays red and the blue chopper cant rearm/refuel?

I don't know if the FARP's affiliation actually changes, but you can 'capture' it and rearm and refuel IF you have a support group with the proper vehicles arrive and park within the required distance of the FARP. An empty FARP cannot rearm/refuel anyone if it doesn't have the right units.

I don't know if the FARP's affiliation actually changes, but you can 'capture' it and rearm and refuel IF you have a support group with the proper vehicles arrive and park within the required distance of the FARP. An empty FARP cannot rearm/refuel anyone if it doesn't have the right units.

Ohh thats good news, thanks! What kind of support troops does it need? any vehicle or something specific?

Fuel truck and supply trucks at a minimum, the types of which differ depending on coalition. If you want comms and ground power you have to add those specific vehicles as well. The required vehicles are listed in the Mission Builder section of the manual.

Fuel truck and supply trucks at a minimum, the types of which differ depending on coalition. If you want comms and ground power you have to add those specific vehicles as well. The required vehicles are listed in the Mission Builder section of the manual.

Thanks ajax! I tried to find this list in the manual, i tried searching the manual for "farp", "rearm", "capture" and "groundpower" and found nothing ... ?

The only thing I found was:

"Ground crew support at airbases

When positioned on a friendly airbase, the following ground support services are available:

1. Aircraft repair 3 minutes after engine shut-down.

2. Refueling by ground personnel contacted through the intercom.

3. Rearming by ground personnel contacted through the intercom.

For more details on contacting ground personnel, see the Radio Communications section in the Flight Manual."

I usually refer to info I found in one of the lua files. I'm not sure whether it is correct, but it seems to work so far. Here's the file content (you can see the vehicle needed for each function):

[RUSSIAN_FARP] = {

groundCrew = {

[RESOURCE_AMMO] = { "URAL_4320_B", "SetkaKP" },

[RESOURCE_ELEC_POWER] = {"Zil_APA-80", "URAL-APA" },

[RESOURCE_GROUND_SERVICE] = {

"UAZ-469", "Ural_4320-31", "Ural_4320_T", "Zil_KUNG", "KAMAZ-TENT", "PalatkaB", --self

"URAL_4320_B", "SetkaKP", -- ammo

"URAL_ATZ-10", "ATZ-10", "ATZ-60", "GSM Rus", --fuel

"Zil_APA-80", "URAL-APA", --elec power

"Zil_SKP-11", "KP_UG" -- control point

},

},

ATC = {

[RESOURCE_ATC] = { "Zil_SKP-11", "KP_UG" }

},

FARP = {

[RESOURCE_NIGHT_ILLUMINATION] = { "Zil_SKP-11" }

}

},

[WESTERN_FARP] = {

groundCrew = {

[RESOURCE_AMMO] = { "M-818" },

[RESOURCE_ELEC_POWER] = { "M-818" },

[RESOURCE_GROUND_SERVICE] = {

"M-818", "PalatkaB", --self

"M-818", --ammo

"HEMTT", "GSM Rus", --fuel

"M-818", -- elec power

"HMMWV_M1025", "KP_UG" --control point

}

},

ATC = {

[RESOURCE_ATC] = { "HMMWV_M1025", "KP_UG" }

},

FARP = {

[RESOURCE_NIGHT_ILLUMINATION] = { "HMMWV_M1025" }

}

}

Glad I re-read this thread. Good info! Thanks guys.

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024