FARP rearming/refueling unit question

0xDEADBEEF

I'm trying to implement a neutral FARP into my mission, that will need the groundcrew to be transported there first, once the groundcrew is there, you can spawn from there.

So i'm doing tests on which unit you need for what. I've looked into the FARP.lua and read from it that for AMMO you need an M-818, for Fuel a HMTT and for comms a HMMV_1025.

During the tests i found, that in order to get an acknoledgement for your rearm/refuel request you would need the hmmv, in order to get fuel you need the hmtt, but in order to get arms, a hmtt and a hmmv are sufficient ...

am I missing something? Is this the way it's supposed to be working?

I havent tried the russian units yet ...

thanks!

Beef.

Edited by 0xDEADBEEF

That sounds about right. I'm not real familiar with Western FARP requirements. For an Eastern FARP all you need is a Ural 4320 supply truck and an ATZ-10 fuel truck to get repaired, rearmed, and refueled. (If you want radio comms and lights you need other units, of course. If you open the cockpit door you don't need radio comms to get acknowledgement.)

Edit: I'm not sure a neutral FARP will work. If it behaves like airports, I think it has to belong to either blue or red in order to get ground service. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by ajax

The problem with neutrals is you don't know where they stand. That and DCS doesn't directly support neutrally placed objects. The only neutral objects are built into the map as airbases. FARPS have to be placed as either red or blue. If the opposing coalition captures a farp and then gets destroyed, the farp will return back to its default coalitions control.

You *might* be able to set it as blue and have aircraft set to spawn there, but have Red forces nearby to capture it instantly. And when the necessary blue force vehicles return the services it will be operational as needed.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Ahh misunderstanding. I'm not trying to get the farp to neutral, I'm aware that a farp can only be set red or blue. I have a red and a blue farp at my own farp-object in lua. Blue spawns blue, red spawns red, but the script handles them both as one, as either red or blue, depending on the needs.

My Mission works very much like blueflag, also shares a lot of code. I just want a farp that stands in the middle, that needs to be captured before it can be used. But not only by bringing troops, but by brining your own ground-crew and airdefense. Once that's done it's captured and you can spawn from there.

The reason I'm asking is I'm trying to understand the specific behaviour of when does a farp refuel and when not. I had a look at FARPS.lua and thought I had a clear picture, but testing said no.

I guess I will just let the coalitions transport Fuel-, Ammo-, ATC-, Spawn- and Airdefense-Crates. Each crate is linked to a specific priviledge, so if you transport a fuel-truck there, you may refuel, if you transport ammo, you get ammo, if you transport a spawn-crate, you may spawn.

I'm just facing a part in DCS that I cannot control via script, so I'm at least trying to understand how this uncontrollable behaviour works exactly, so I can try to work around it.

Any input is very much appreciated! Thanks! :)