Freetrack 2.2 and PS3 Eye Toy --- Access violation

SUCCESS! :cheer3nc:

That worked out really well, although I nearly broke my fingers while trying to open the casing.

Now FT is seeing 3 dots, only, and nothing else. Very well!

There is also definitely no need to change the resistor.

Too bad that I have to get up early, tomorrow. So, ingame testing will have to be delayed until then, but I'm confident that now the essential hurdles are overcome. The rest should be finetuning.

I may come up with one or another question, later, but for now I'd like to thank all of you for your kind assistance! :thumbup:

Cheers!

Bexx0r

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe --- Win8.1 Pro 64Bit ---i7-2600K @ 3,4GHz --- 12GB RAM --- NVidia GFX670 --- TM HOTAS WARTHOG --- Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals --- PS3 Eye Cam (modified) --- 3-point Track Clip --- FacetrackNoIR 1.72

You're very welcome!! Glad you have everything working fine without spending your 200 bucks in a TIR! :) I feel like Katy for you :lol:

Feel free to ask about anything else :smilewink:

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

OMG LOL :lol:

BTW: Did you notice that there are fireworks coming from her boobies @ 1:02 min.?

Better not have her as an enemy... :surrender:

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe --- Win8.1 Pro 64Bit ---i7-2600K @ 3,4GHz --- 12GB RAM --- NVidia GFX670 --- TM HOTAS WARTHOG --- Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals --- PS3 Eye Cam (modified) --- 3-point Track Clip --- FacetrackNoIR 1.72

The only consequence of removing the IR filter is loosing focus which doesn't affect the camera seeing and tracking the 3 IR lights... Unfortunately, it becomes just a IR tracking cam, from a really superior webcam... :)

But, when finetuned, it worls like a charm... :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Man, that's just sick!!

I just flew a self made mission with a couple of targets in order to test tracking and it's just great! What a huge difference without the IR filter!

I'm glad that I didn't give up on FT. All this trouble was worth it, after all. :D

And it's a great feeling, having accomplished it!

Now I can finally concentrate on learning to fly. :pilotfly:

I have got only one problem left: Assigning the FT keys to the stick. As I understand, you left-click once and then it asks for an input key. But when I press the according button on the stick, it is not recognized.

On another occasion, when I left-clicked, it recognized that left mouse click already as a key assignment (contr1-011, or so).

Very strange....

For now, I have been able to assign keyboard buttons, but I would like to have it on my stick.

Any suggestions?

Muchas Gracias!

Bexx0r

What is the device you fly with? That's weird, I can assign everything I want, it can be my gamepad, joystick, secondary mouse buttons... But I prefer to have DCS controls on my HOTAS (anyway I don't have enough buttons), Freetrack is on my keyboard and mouse, that's not difficult to left the throttle for 1 second so...

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

I am using the Saitek X52 non-pro with JackBauer profile.

Maybe FT has a problem with the SST software running in the background?

Tonight, I will try assigning the key without SST running. Maybe that does the trick.

Or maybe it is the freetrack profile from Aries, which I use. Could be that there are some entries which don't match my system.

I will dig further.

Greets

Bexx0r

Hey there and Merry Christmas to all of you!

I've been able now to assign the FT functions to the stick.

Without SST running in the background it suddenly worked and I can proudly announce that now everything is running to my content. :thumbup:

Thanks to all for your help and have a relaxing x-mas!

Double-Cheers!

Bexx0r

BTW: I love Christmas, this year! I bought a PS3 for my Missus, so she gets distracted from me, flying all the time, hehe. :music_whistling:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Rico!

And in the meantime, I had much time to practice and learn. :thumbup:

It's so great to see the improvements in Start-Up, TGP, firing MAVs and other weapons and even managing to assign targets with help of JTAC and CDU. However, Re-Fueling is a hard nut! Didn't manage that, yet...

So much fun and so much more to discover :book::pilotfly:

Awesome Sim!!

And a new question from my side:

As the view controls are taken over by Freetrack, I am not able to look around in external views.

How to overcome that? Do I have to activate some kind of mouse look somewhere or is there another trick?

Muchas Gracias!

Bexx0r

Haha, of course it works out for you.

I guess it would be too much to ask that it's working out for me, right out of the box... Would be too easy, hehe.

But now that I think of it, I remember one day where all the keyboard mappings also appeared in the mouse column. I believe, I deleted the whole column.

May I ask you for your mouse entries in the according column, so I can re-enter them as they should be?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers and TGIF!

Bexx0r

Hi,

In the options, go to general > axis command and you should have 3 axis as follow :

Camera Horizontal View : Mouse_X

Camera Vertical View : Mouse_Y

Camera Zoom View : Mouse_Z

It should work now :)

I've been A-10C abstinent for the last days, but yesterday I had the chance to put in the axis controls.

Guess what: I does not work - of course...

As I play on a laptop, I thought, it could be because of the touchpad, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Do I have to activate mouselook, somewhere (SST, game controls, Freetrack)?

Cheers

Bexx0r

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta bump this one, as this matter is still not solved.

I cannot look around in external view.

Left alt + c does not do the trick. Numpad keys work just fine.

I read bazillions of threads, but without success.

I did not alter any .lua files.

If anybody could point me towards the solution, I would be grateful.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Bexx0r

• 9 months later...

OMG, same crap again with Win 8.1 Pro

Hi All,

nearly 1 year later I am back again with Freetrack problems...

I invested a bit in a "new" machine to get more performance than with my laptop.

Freshly installed Win 8.1 Pro on it.

Now I installed Freetrack 2.2 and the CLEye drivers.

So far so good, I can even open FT, but as soon as I hit the start button, I get the message that FT is working no more.

Any hints?

Thanks a lot!

Bexx0r

----------------------

----------------------

EDIT: Managed to get Freetrack running. :)

However, it won't work in the game.

I put the headtracker folder into program files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/bin/

No headtracker column in the controls options showing up.

What did I miss?

Edited by Bexx0r

Hi All,

nearly 1 year later I am back again with Freetrack problems...

I invested a bit in a "new" machine to get more performance than with my laptop.

Freshly installed Win 8.1 Pro on it.

Now I installed Freetrack 2.2 and the CLEye drivers.

So far so good, I can even open FT, but as soon as I hit the start button, I get the message that FT is working no more.

Any hints?

Thanks a lot!

Bexx0r

----------------------

----------------------

EDIT: Managed to get Freetrack running. :)

However, it won't work in the game.

I put the headtracker folder into program files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/bin/

No headtracker column in the controls options showing up.

What did I miss?

Hi Bexx0r,

I'm sad to hear you're still facing issues with FreeTrack 2.2, I haven't played the sim for months now so I don't know if it still works correctly. But I can tell you that you don't need to see the headtracker in the DCS options, all your tweaking has to be done through the freetrack software itself, not ingame.

You also need to point out the dll, go to the game directory then DCS World\Scripts\Input and open the file Input.lua

Line 30 to 31 you should have :

[color=SeaGreen]-- path to headtracker plugin dll[/color]
Input.setHeadTrackerDllPath('./bin/headtracker/headtracker.dll')

I hope this helps.

Regards.

PS: I'll be away the next 3 days so don't expect me to answer quickly :/

Path in input.lua is correct. Still no joy.

I don't know what's going on here...

Too bad that Freetrack creators were almost sued by Natural point and they had to stop its development.

Well.. i said before. Freetrack is 3-4 years outdated. Back in 2010 64 bit systems were not so popular as today and thats causing the problem.

Good there is new stuff showing up on the internet.

One of them is previously mentioned by me FacetracknoIr with point tracker and newly developed Opentrack which is very similar to FTnoIR but with addition of symethrical axis curves loads of tweaks and a features like when u look left/right to a certain degree it will automatically lean to that side over X axis... And no need of HEADTRACKING.dll for DCS anymore!:)

And yeah i had this issue before aswell.. Try puting whole path meaning Drive:\Folder\Folder\DCS World\bin\headtracker\headtracker.dll

That fixed it for me

Hey trooph,

I just gave FacetrackNoIR a shot and it worked out of the box.

Better than the first time I tried it.

Is it possible to bind the center option to the joystick, instead of keyboard or mouse? Can't find an option.

Furthermore, I am having troubles tuning it to my liking.

Could you please advise some curvatures?

I use it with a 3-point-clip.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks man!

Didn't have the time to try it, yet, but I will. :thumbup: