Break Radar Lock

av8r13

hello,

i am having an issue breaking a radar lock. i am trying to use the undesignate button but it only seems to switch to the next contact.

once i lock up a target, i can never get rid of the target square on the HUD. this is the case no matter what mode i switch to. even with the radar turned off, i still have the target square on the HUD.

why isnt the undesignate button working. i am sure that i am doing something wrong

thanks in advance

• ED Team

Hello,

In TWS, there will always be an L&S. Even when first selected, the highest rank contact will be set as the L&S. In TWS (with no DT2), the undesignate button cycles through the filed contacts as the L&S based on priority.

Thanks

Undesignate has a different function while you are in TWS. This is correct.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

thanks guys.

i guess my question is... how do i get rid of the target square on the HUD.

i have tried:

- undesignate switch

- changed from TWS to RWS

- selecting air to ground mode

- turning off DL and the radar

- cycle through missile and gun modes

no matter what i do i am still have the flashing square on the HUD

thanks guys.

i have tried:

- undesignate switch

Press "reset" on the right side of Attack display. It clears and resets bunch of things including L&S and DT2

>no matter what i do i am still have the flashing square on the HUD

You could always shoot down the bad guy! That will get rid of the square.

Sorry I couldn't resist :lol:

lol,

good point.

i am currently using it in a multiplayer aerobatics play, so dont have that option

thanks guys.

i have tried:

- undesignate switch

RESET on RDR ATTK display, right column of OSB pushbuttons.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

thanks all,

that was the solution. i just have to make sure that i go back to RWS mode and push the reset button. this doesnt seem to work if you are in TWS (i think because TWS is automatically trying to lock on to something)

That's what Wags said. If you are in TWS automatically the highest ranked contact will be L&S, this means of course you will have a target box on the HUD. If you want to get rid of it, you go back to RWS.

TWS is only used for attack purposes.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

thanks all,

that was the solution. i just have to make sure that i go back to RWS mode and push the reset button. this doesnt seem to work if you are in TWS (i think because TWS is automatically trying to lock on to something)

Just to be precise: TWS isn't "locking" something, it is "designating" something, as apposed to "acquiring" something in STT.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H