Deck Crew Hand Signals during Night time ?

RaiderOne

Any info about the "night subject" on the SuperCarrier Module ?

Are we going to see things like that on our new SuperCarrier CVNs :

US_Navy_070213-N-3729H-225_A_plane_captain_signals_an_E-2C_Hawkeye_assigned_to_the.jpg

Or that :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScYaKOYUQMUed0q2z1078UG-VvFUF1WuUBrXdhM0AWJP932RGY&s

Or is the Deck Crew behaviors&appearance at night are planed later in the EA process ... or never ?

Edited by RaiderOne
  • Like 1

If the deck crews have those lighted signals, I see every server online going to night operations soon after the release.

:D

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

And the Hands Signals at night with those light sticks are rather different of course than those at day time !

It doubles the work for DeckCrew animations ... I am not sure it is already modelised for the first EA release ... !?§

Edited by RaiderOne

At least if we have deck floodlights we will be able to see the crew at night. Now, in nights with no moon is impossible to see anything. I'm willing to see a screenshot of deck lightning at night.

Night with clouds. No moon isn't a problem; once you acclimate starlight is enough to read by.

And yes, I sat on the aft missile launcher and did just that in the middle of the IO, so...yes. Not easy, but it can be done. :D

... (The pessimistic me say - if it wasn't on their trailer it probably does not exist)

I must say that you are probably right !

Because it is or should be very nice to see, so they wouldn't have resist to show us some nice shots at night in the trailer ... I'm afraid !

I hope that they plan to at least include that part later in the EA process ... !?!

This is an important aspect (Night ops) of the super carrier module. Would like a official response from Wags.

Happy Simming,

Monnie

• Like 1

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Daylight Combat Simulator

:megalol:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I'd imagine we'll see the full spectrum of deck operations, given they've taken the time to develop communications for Case I/II/III, as well as the barrier net.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

• 1 month later...

So now ... do we have any news about the "Deck Crew visibility during Night Operations" on the Catapults ?

Will they use Light Sticks with special arm signs as IRL ?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScYaKOYUQMUed0q2z1078UG-VvFUF1WuUBrXdhM0AWJP932RGY&s

Or is it a requested feature to put on the WhishList for the SuperCarrier ?

??

Edited by RaiderOne

• ED Team

Hi all

I have no information about this, I have moved to wish list for now and will ask the team.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The Supercarrier has deck lighting and floodlights.

Yes, but light sticks are still needed to be able to see signals from the deck crew.

A quick look online at night carrier operations will show light sticks in use, even with the deck lights on. It is also obvious why the light sticks are needed at night, even with deck lighting.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

The Supercarrier has deck lighting and floodlights.

Pretty sure carriers don’t use floodlight at night during combat ops.....something about light discipline.....I dunno

Not having lighted wands for the deck crew would be leaving out a pretty important piece as I’m sure a lot of guys do night ops.

Personally I hate how the rift s handles night so I do mostly daytime but still it’s an important feature....

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 6:15 PM, DimSim said:

Came here to check on feature status after a campaign night take off where I could barely see the deck crew in the dark.  I don't believe we're supposed to use our landing / taxi lights.

Correct, no lights/taxi lights on deck unless an emergency. Until this is fixed I guess we have to make due. We really need those wands!

• Like 4

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!