max number of flares

muamshai

How many flares SPS-141 and ASO-2 can have?

As far as I can tell, the max number of flares available is 40 (of course you can carry either SPS-141 or ASO-2). But just wanted to confirm with other players.

This space is available for your advertisement

This is only somewhat related, but y u cheat AI!?!? Like seriously, the AI is able to release chaff-flares separately... I feel so envious when I see it.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

In RL ASO-2 dispensers in SPS were filledd only with chaff charges, that why on the control box pilot can choose beetwen manual and auto mode. In auto mode chaffs were fired automaticaly, triggered by signal from SPO ( lock-on signal ). In 60's when that pod was created IR missiles wasn't treated as really serious danger, SPS pod was intended mainly to deal with surface-air radar guided missiles. The same instalation was fitted in recce pods used by MiG-21R. Of course those dispensers are universal (flares or chaffs ), even PPI cartriges are identical except what is inside ( dipols or thermite ), but in everyday service in 60's and most 70's were filled only with chaffs.

Under fuselage chaff/flare instalation from game don't use ASO-2 dispensers, this is no Soviet product. This instalation was cooperation between Yugoslavia and Bulgaria and if I don't mistaken is caled POMIG.

Soviet-made under fuselage instalation show up during Afgan war and used standard ASO-2 dispensers, and those can be filled with flare and chaffs, but not simultaneously: chaffs or flares, so if you wanna both kinds of charges, you have to fill one dispenser with chaffs and second with flares. That about RL stuff. And one another important thing: whatever which under fuselage instalation we have, inside cockpit should we have control box.

ASO-2: 40 flares and 18 Chaff

SPS-141-100: 64 flares in 2 ASO-2V banks of 32. No chaff.

Apparently carrying 64 flares is not possible unless my ground crew is enjoying alcohol fumes from radar.

This is only somewhat related, but y u cheat AI!?!? Like seriously, the AI is able to release chaff-flares separately... I feel so envious when I see it.

Glad to know that I am not the only one who feels this way :D

Soviet-made under fuselage instalation show up during Afgan war and used standard ASO-2 dispensers, and those can be filled with flare and chaffs, but not simultaneously: chaffs or flares, so if you wanna both kinds of charges, you have to fill one dispenser with chaffs and second with flares. That about RL stuff.

That would be awesome if our beloved Mig-21 can be rigged this way since the treats waiting for us in the game are kinda...modern ;)

This space is available for your advertisement