Overwing vapor improvements

Donut

Will we eventually be seeing additional and improved overwing vapor effects added to the Tomcat in Early Access?

Currently, our Tomcat only produces overwing vapor in very high AoA flight, however; in watching various videos of Tomcats at airshows online, it looks like overwing vapor is produced at other times as well, such as during high g-forces.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I was going to ask the same...some improvements for the Tomcat vapours as I think there is margin for improvements. The best vapour effect to date imho are the ones in hte LERX of the Hornet (and probably the ones in the M2000 too, though not that good)...

For some reason those vapes are "special" as they appear PROPORTIONALLY to the factors contributing to them instead of just appearing instantly and fade instantly. Also, they have a clear SHAPE, close to the one in real life. The rest of the vapes are not that good nor behave that realistically.

The vapes in the Tomcat are odd so to speak, very sparce and with a weird shaping.

Guess they are yet WiP.

I would love to see some particular vapours for the Tomcat that are very usual for this plane in a similar way to the ones in the Hornet's LERX at both high and low speed:

f14-photo-vf213-16xl.jpg

1556748456-air-show-609100-960-720.jpg

F-14-Tomcat.jpg

and if the conditions and variables are adequate this bigger one:

1556748528-f14bombcat.jpg

46841018_758116824550528_8778194880238500980_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com

it would be great to make them grow and fade smoothly like the ones in the LERX I already said.

Take a look at my MODS here

I'm sure these will be added at some point. Even more so once ED implements the Humidity part of the weather engine that Wags talked about in the POD cast.

• Like 1

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

• 7 months later...
I'm sure these will be added at some point. Even more so once ED implements the Humidity part of the weather engine that Wags talked about in the POD cast.

Yeah, I think a lot of modules will be getting new and improved vapor effects after that update. Current effects feel like placeholders.

• 1 month later...
I think this might not be possible over the wings itself as the Tomcat has variable sweep wings and DCS probably has a limitation for effects only being static (predefined position) animations.

This should not be an issue. The wing tip vortices are currently simulated and are able to move with the wing sweep.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"