Stumble at the first hurdle

Got home last night from working offshore. Excited to begin my DCS journey.

Installed DCS normal version from ED website. So not steam. When it first loaded it was in half screen so i clicked full screen in settings. then it reopened, when i hover over a command from the right of the main screen the mouse curser is there but the command click is where the half screen was, so to click a command i have to put the mouse curser about 6 inches high and about 45 degrees to the left, then the command is highlighted.

Also i have my monitor resolution's set but still get a warning to change the resolution to the recommended setting, but it already is. Any help please, i want to play:)

Utrinque Paratus

I7-9700K OCTA-CORE 3.6 GHZ / 4.8 GHZ

RAM 32 GB DDR4 (3000 MHZ)

NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 8 GB GDDR6

STORAGE - 2TB SSD - 6 TB SATA

If you only clicked full screen then it's on the default Rez. 1280 x 768

Set the in sim rez to your windows default.

See the second video I did here on options. (7:00 min mark) I show how to set rez and log back in to DCS.

Notes: lol

Add a shortcut to the save games folder C:\Users\(YOUR USER NAME)\Saved Games\DCS (Beta / stable etc)

Many here delete the contents of the FXO and metashaders2 folders (after each update), this rebuilds the DCS shader files. Can help sometimes if you see low FPS in sim.

You will also find a folder called config

C:\Users\(YOUR USER NAME)\Saved Games\DCS\Config

In this folder is a file called (options.lua) Delete this file to reset all the game options (Not Joystick) DCS will build a new one.

You will also find you controller profiles "per aircraft" (Good to backup from time to time just in case)

C:\Users\(YOUR USER NAME)\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input

You are going the VR route I believe, so you may be interested at some point.

Switching between VR an non VR Mode

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link