VR Pilots! How do you tell if auto-hover successfully engaged?

Bearfoot

Outside of VR, I would have the control indicator on, which shows auto-hover on/off as well as submodes (collective/slaved).

But in VR, there appears to be no control indicator.

So how do you know what the auto-hover state is? Just press the button, let go of the controls and hope for the best??

Reduce the pressure on the pedals and see if the helicopter spins around the axis, if yes the it's not worked, also look at the instruments.

• Like 1

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

If you want a very effective way of knowing when it goes in and out of auto hover, use Rctrl+Enter to bring up the controls indicator. When you go into auto hover, it says "auto hover" in the box in large white letters. This way you can instantly see if you were successful at getting it switched on.

If you want a very effective way of knowing when it goes in and out of auto hover, use Rctrl+Enter to bring up the controls indicator. When you go into auto hover, it says "auto hover" in the box in large white letters. This way you can instantly see if you were successful at getting it switched on.

Based on the OPs post, I think they know that already.

But in VR, there appears to be no control indicator.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I think the AP gauges (bottom right) with the white lines will be seen moving when AP engaged

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

• 3 weeks later...
I think the AP gauges (bottom right) with the white lines will be seen moving when AP engaged

You can see a little sudden pitchup on the torque meter, top right gauge next to the indicated airspeed.

Thanks!

Both of these are helpful. Will check them out!

I do the same thing and I don't even utilize the VR. The nose up is a sure fire sign it's engaged. As soon as I see that, I remove the anti-torque correction slowly to confirm.

Then, the HOTs fly!

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

torque meter will jump, your nose will lift then drop, followed by uncommanded movements (AI control). Be careful with power setting, always remember what percentage of torque was used at entry.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

The ball under the turn and slip indicator is a good one for me, also the torque meter, also your climb/dive indicator should stay on 0.

As for Auto Hover in mutli-crew, it allows you to do things that you can't as a single crew, but it is still working. It allows you to pop-up from behind cover, which would be very difficult to do as a single pilot while also guding the missiles etc. I've found multi-crew to be excellent in the Gazelle.

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

• 10 months later...