Documentation Language

Tango

Documentation Language  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Documentation Language

Hi,

Please select the language you would use to read manuals and other documentation.

If you can't read any of the languages listed, please state your preference by posting below.

Best regards,

Tango.

Edited by Tango

English of course - the DCS community is international and english is the lingua franca of it. Every other language can only be a secondary add-on, even if it is the native language of the RL main user country, the RL manufacturer or the devs native language.

If I were a 3rd party dev, I would try to provide the documentation in the following order:

- english

- language of the main user country / manufacturer - for the "authentic touch"

- french / russian / spanish / german (seens to be spoken by the majority of the community)

- all other

Edited by Flagrum
allright ... spanish, too ... :o)
  • Like 1

Hi,

English of course - the DCS community is international and english is the lingua franca of it. Every other language can only be a secondary add-on, even if it is the native language of the RL main user country, the RL manufacturer or the devs native language.

If I were a 3rd party dev, I would try to provide the documentation in the following order:

- english

- french / russian / spanish / german (seens to be spoken by the majority of the community)

- all other

You raise some good points/ideas! I appreciate this poll might be largely redundant, but as your post shows, the feedback is worth it! :thumbup:

Best regards,

Tango.

• 1 month later...

Brazilian Portuguese please.

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

- english

- all other

+1

for the "authentic touch" we have the cockpit with the original labels, see the russian birds and the 190 we already have :)

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

- english

- all other

Nice post.. Sensible approach!

:thumbup:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

• 4 months later...

What Flagrum said has alot of sense to me, english first, so that is the mother language of this forum and is the better way to achieve a more widely support of your product.

Then, well, I imagine that is a matter of time/founding the way that the other lenguages are pushed to us.

Maybe now days and in a biz like this one, a good and well shaped manual in english will be enough, like in RL.

Wait gentlemans -

Why create a poll about spanish language in a English forum ? the primary users of an eventual spanish manual will be people that don't speak english. Do you think they is a lot of them in this forum ? :)

Your premise is false. There are a lot of Spanish speakers who speaks English too.

And you forgot Google Translator. I read Russian forums (tons of useful information of Russian aicrafts) too and I don't speak Russian, but with Google traslator, I 'm able to understand what they are writing.

I think,it's reasonable ask if we want a Spanish manual when the aircraft is Spanish and many of team members are Spaniards (low development cost, maybe it's profitable). LN relesed a Serbian manual for the Fishbed, for example.

Another interesting question is...The size* of the Russian market is enough to justify a Russian manual?

*Potential buyers.

ur premise is false. There are a lot of Spanish speakers who speaks English too.

Stats shows 22%. If that's the same calculation than in France, that is surely a way less that are able to communicate more than the basic school "hello, i am wolf".

(France showing 50% while from my experience is nowhere close to 20)

So yeah, i maintain that this thread should have been posted in spanish in the spanish section, and on relevant spanish sections. ;)

Also, from my experience in community stuff - I don't believe more than a couple of % of DCS customer are actually on that forum anyway.

Will EB and CC have different manuals or share the same one but with special chapters talking about features/operations of CC only?

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Will EB and CC have different manuals or share the same one but with special chapters talking about features/operations of CC only?

Same manual, dedicated sections. Where there is commonality, there will only be one section for both (this will apply to common systems for example, e.g. electrical and hydraulic).

Best regards,

Tango.