Animation Challenge

Modders,

For years I have desired a single Trigger Action object of a single Container Delivery System, (CDS), airdrop pallet like that shown in the video below.

I think we have all the necessary elements inside DCS already. There exists a cargo load object that can be hoisted by the Huey. There is the Illumination Bomb object and there is the pilot eject animation. Ideally, I would like an olive drab parachute, but I'd be thrilled to have the Illumination Bomb parachute attached to the Cargo load object minus the burning flare and smoke. Can this be done? I know GIMP can make the textures. I think 3DS MAX could make the animation sequence. If not, what animation software can do the job?

I am a willing and motivated student for this project! :book: Turn me loose or dazzle me with your animation skills wizardry! Rise up and accept the challenge … it would bring a new Trigger Action to the Mission Editor that could be used in so many interesting scenarios.

Cheers,

Backy 51

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would recommend 3DS Max for this rather than other software like Blender or 3D Cad.

For 3DS Max, edit your timescale settings to this:

- Custom: 100 FPS.

- Beginning Time: -100

- End Time: 100

Your keyframe bar should be centred at 0/200. You should use ArgBased Position and Rotation types as events, which require argument numbers. There is a good tutorial out there for this, I recommend using this: https://www.megabotix.com/wp-content/uploads/dcs/animation-dcs.mp4

Hope that helps you out! I wish you good luck on this.

- Sirius

Thanks for the tip!

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]