DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

- We don't know much about this module other than ED words. There is only one promotional video and I know that advertising videos do not reflect the IG experience.

I pre-ordered Supercarrier but I support this reason.

For me, I recognize that ED should clarify whether I supercarrier onwer is required to buy combined arms to steer the ship.

I posted this question for months(and I asked it again yesterday), but sadly the ED not responded me clearly so far, and even I can accept an answer about steering ship required combined arms : YES or NO.

I will not buy the module. For one thing, I already have enough EA modules, would be great if they were implemented first. On the other hand, the upcoming helicopter modules are more fun.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

As I only have the stable version I'm going to wait for it to be released on stable before I buy it. I'll use the time to monitor community feedback. As to price even at full price it's a bargain if it's as good as I hope it will be.

With the low fidelity SU-33 you would only get "full interactivity" on the russian carrier, the kuznetsov. It is not going to be modelled at the same level of detail systems wise as you are used to. It will really functionally be exactly the same as the F-5 if you tried to put it on a US carrier, no Instrument landing stuff, the ball and LSO will be innacurate, really all of the same problems.

Russian jets use different systems that arent compatible with US stuff to begin with, and the FC3 jet that the SU-33 is will not have fully clickable systems like the ones you are used to.

However you can take off and land from the russian carrier with the SU-33 (it doesnt use a catapult but rather a ski jump and the SU-33 has enough thrust to take off that way)

Damn! Still sad. sad.gif

But again, thank you for the reply and clearing things up.

Depending on the sales, I'd consider the F-18 to get the carrier action, but that's just a maybe. But I hate to miss out on the cutting edge flightsim stuff.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

33 can't use a catapult so would be difficult/impossible to takeoff with. The Kuznetsov (what the 33 is designed for) is a ski jump ship. They're verrrrry different design philosophies and the aircraft that fly from them are very different, too.

Also... BOUGHT :p

Thanks for the reply.

The sad part is I knew that but my brain must be mush and it didn't even occur to me. I would have bought the carrier and 33 and then had an "Oh yeah!" moment. doh.gif

There's supposed to be a sale now or soon, I might get the 33 ($10 about) and try it out with the Kunetsov.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Lemme get this straight: you'll need CA, a $40 module, in order to simply move this $50 module around; it includes scale, lighting, aerodynamic, and ATC fixes that the current Stennis should have had, which it undoubtedly won't get now, and will possibly make owning this module a necessity for products by 3rd party devs who want to release carriers with similar features; it'll force large server owners to either use two carriers in order to avoid players who don't own the module having no boat ops (despite the additional units potentially compromising server stability), or just not use the carrier, lessening the value of this module for MP use; it's going into pre-purchase for early access before serious gameplay footage, or any kind of third party reviews, are released to players; the aforementioned lighting fixes are coming to an engine whose broader lighting fixes are a mere promise; its actual functionality is so sparse it comes down to a handful of animations, two mannable stations, and a ready room used for mission planning in a sim with no real mission planning infrastructure to date, from a developer whose track record outside the cockpit does not match that of their aircraft modules.

Color me skeptical. The way I see it, I'm inevitably paying for this module. Not with money in exchange for the DLC, but sacrifice of functionality I want (like working ATC) in order never to touch whatever this is.

What exactly are they selling here? The full price is 50 and it is nowhere near as complex in features as an aircraft module. We know very little about how it works. Is the crew going to be invincible? Will they attempt to avoid collision with planes or react to them realistically? Will the carrier have more realistic rocking on water effect on extremes weather conditions? Are they going to scramble when enemy attacks them? Will the ship show visible realistic damage when attacked?

I really want to buy this but when even ED representatives are saying that even they do not know what the certain features advertised on the store page actually mean yet. Time to vote with my wallet. I’ll grab it once we know more about what this is suppose to be and all the bugs and features are taken care of.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

Lemme get this straight: you'll need CA, a $40 module,

Where has it been stated from an official source you need CA to steer this new carrier? I agree though with its arrival all the broken things on the Stennis will now not be fixed. This Carrier is being heavily discounted for a reason, part of that is get everyone on board this new carrier and the bugs on the Stennis will be forgotten about. I have to say i am also very sceptical about the one video we have seen about the new carrier. I doubt we will ever see the amount of detail in that video.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

Where has it been stated from an official source you need CA to steer this new carrier? I agree though with its arrival all the broken things on the Stennis will now not be fixed. This Carrier is being heavily discounted for a reason, part of that is get everyone on board this new carrier and the bugs on the Stennis will be forgotten about. I have to say i am also very sceptical about the one video we have seen about the new carrier. I doubt we will ever see the amount of detail in that video.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter16082019-4keq7jgs8tot49kabc0ijx567ubvt2pi.html

Combined Arms support for steering the carrier and using weapons.

They've been calling it "Combined Arms support" or "Combined Arms integration" as though it adds something to CA as opposed to necessitating CA ownership for movement.

I don't like to pay for anything that doesn't exist. I don't like early access, pre orders etc. As an F-14 virtual pilot, I made an exception to the above by buying a Supercarrier. ED don't mess it up. I'm waiting for realease and wish you "Sim Success".

However you can take off and land from the russian carrier with the SU-33 (it doesnt use a catapult but rather a ski jump and the SU-33 has enough thrust to take off that way)

Without heavy loads this thing flies off any deck without a problem. Now, to get it on the deck was fun!!!

I hope we can watch videos of Our landings on the Landing Signal Officer (LSO) stations PLAT camera ? (when available)

Very happy about the new maps, and especially the F4-U!

I hope no one minds if I ask a series of questions:

I purchased the NS400 and D/L the manual. No where does it mention

how to start it. I cant get it to work for P51. Does show its in my PC.

Will there be actual White Cliffs of Dover ?

I make .trk files, and sometimes instead of doing what I did in flight,

it crashes into something ?

Lastly I was going to purchase the new Super Carrier and I own a F18... Does the

extra come off of the price after I hit the purchase button ? it was $34.99 without the F18.

I just stopped and decided to come here and ask.

Happy New Year and Clear Skes

Mike

Edited by ctguy1955
LSO screen

Im going to play wait and see. Done with prepurchase and EA. Still waiting on the Hornet to be finished since they got sidetracked on the Viper.

I didn't wait and spent my lunch money... was hungry for 6 hrs:noexpression:

Hey, I guess when ED works on something "I" want I buy it. Even I if spend next 2 years bitching about it... that's fun too.

I didn't wait and spent my lunch money... was hungry for 6 hrs:noexpression:

Hey, I guess when ED works on something "I" want I buy it. Even I if spend next 2 years bitching about it... that's fun too.

Pathetic attempt at joking aside, this is more about supporting yet another early access module in the sea of already unfinished early access modules. It is not about money only, this is also about what content, how much support, completion timeframe and the rate updates after the launch.

There are now people joking around over stupid small things and ignore the bigger picture. Just because you do not see the problem, no need to assume everyone will be alright with whatever excuse you come up with to justify your purchases.

I agree with Mower, I am also waiting for further information and clarity before spending any money to support the development of this module.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

Pathetic attempt at joking aside, this is more about supporting yet another early access module in the sea of already unfinished early access modules. It is not about money only, this is also about what content, how much support, completion timeframe and the rate updates after the launch.

There are now people joking around over stupid small things and ignore the bigger picture. Just because you do not see the problem, no need to assume everyone will be alright with whatever excuse you come up with to justify your purchases.

I agree with Mower, I am also waiting for further information and clarity before spending any money to support the development of this module.

:D I know, I was the only one laughing at my "joke". I don't have time for crusades or just causes... for me it's simple: I didn't want a Viper, I didn't get a Viper. I want a realistic carrier and I put money on it. That's it.

Lastly I was going to purchase the new Super Carrier and I own a F18... Does the

extra come off of the price after I hit the purchase button ? it was $34.99 without the F18.

I just stopped and decided to come here and ask.

Happy New Year and Clear Skies

Mike

I can answer this one. The extra discount for already owning the FA/18 will come off after you are logged in to the order form so it can verify you really own it. Total should end up just less than $25. And in my case I had some ED Miles from buying the JF-17T so my Super Carrier only cost me $17 plus come change. :thumbup:

DB

I hope we can watch videos of Our landings on the Landing Signal Officer (LSO) stations PLAT camera ? (when available)

The PLAT camera and LSO station has been show on the GA Supercarrier preview video (0:12, 0:25, 1:43), of course, in progress.

Expected ED team can show more videos.

Edited by Silver_Dragon