Main menu hangar

Einherjer

Can someone make different aircraft and scenes and have it setup through ovgme? Be nice to have a GUI interface that creates the folders and files in a ovgme mod format so all you do is pick ac an setting with options in the GUI and the app builds everything needed in a ovgme mod so you just enable the mod then when you go into in to VR yourholodck as I herd I referred to s he setting Ie background and aircraft ou setup in the GUI. Much like SkateZilla’s app does for dc options.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Steps to use Different Liveries for Aircraft:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3524912&postcount=34

Thank you so much :thumbup:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

*ugh* I'm trying to grasp positioning a tail dragger (P-51D) inside the shelter.

There are two lines which control the position of the P-51D:

scene.m1 = sceneAPI:addModel("P-51D", -10, 2.9, -8);

in which the parameters after the Model name ("P-51D") are X, Y, Z

X is Forwards and Backwards relative to the Menu screen, <0 = Backwards (so towards behind the screen)

Y = Up and Down, >0 = Up (relative to the floor of the shelter)

Z is Left and Right relative to the center of the Menu screen ( >0 is to the Left, <0 is to the Right)

and

scene.m1.transform:rotate(0.0, 0, 11.6);

which controls the attitude of the Model in (for the lack of better terms) Role, Yaw, and Pitch.

So the '11.6' pitches the nose upward 11.6° so that the model's attitude is that of a P-51D sitting on the ground.

What's I'm seeing, which is making me a bit crazy, is that apparently the attitude in the 'scene.m1.transform:rotate' statement, is applied to the Model first, and then the position (in the first 'scene.m1 = sceneAPI:addModel' statement) is applied, but relative to the attitude of the Model.

So moving the Model backwards is not just moving it backwards along the plane of the floor of the shelter, but backwards, with an 11.6° inclination, which means backwards and downwards(!!)

EG: (All Illustration use 'scene.m1.transform:rotate(0.0, 0, 11.6);')

'scene.m1 = sceneAPI:addModel("P-51D", -10, 2.9, -8);'

attachment.php?attachmentid=187253&stc=1&d=1528711606

'scene.m1 = sceneAPI:addModel("P-51D", -5, 2.9, -8);'

attachment.php?attachmentid=187254&stc=1&d=1528711606

'scene.m1 = sceneAPI:addModel("P-51D", 0, 2.9, -8);'

attachment.php?attachmentid=187255&stc=1&d=1528711606

Is there any way to get the hanger to evaluate the 'addModel' statement first?

Screen_180611_114236.thumb.png.66f8b0e7489de061b3df0e30d25d9d66.png

Screen_180611_114507.thumb.png.b37ccfff2a80844c1ca6bff414fd1c4c.png

Screen_180611_114830.thumb.png.98d0bc112621acbc96b8d93841284571.png

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

just raise the hanger floor, ceiling and camera, and it will save you a bunch of pain.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hi SkateZilla,

Thanks for your reply.

Adjusting the floor height won't fix the situation. It would only be a fix for one aircraft. If I want 4 P-51D's along one side of the shelter--which I do--, it will not work at all, except for that one aircraft.

I need to adjust the 'scene.m1 = sceneAPI:addModel("P-51D", -10, 2.9, -8);' line using trial and error, for each aircraft until all are sitting properly on the floor, which is a major PITA :(

Beyond that, if I want to turn them 45° away from the shelter wall, instead of parallel to it--which I also want to do--, another crazy thing happens. The transform line 'scene.m1.transform:rotate(0.0, 0, 11.6);' third parameter sets the Z-axis tilted backward (relative to the shelter, not the aircraft model's neutral (flying) position), so when you then also change the second parameter, which changes the direction the aircraft's nose is pointing relative to the shelter, it rotates around the now tilted Z-axis and puts the aircraft into a slanted attitude with one wing dipped, as if it were banking in a curve, only it's supposed to be on the floor :cry:

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Uploaded my first try earlier today.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300749/

Small video peek:

I downloaded this today but the F-18 have US skins tried changing line to Canadian demo skin no luck how do I change the skin line I did as in an earlier post and works with other liveries but, not with the Canadian Demo skin

got this to work after a number of try's but cant delete this post so just ignore it sorry

Edited by RePhil

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Anyway to setup so you get a random background and aircraft maybe something based on last mission

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Hi SkateZilla,

Thanks for your reply.

Adjusting the floor height won't fix the situation. It would only be a fix for one aircraft. If I want 4 P-51D's along one side of the shelter--which I do--, it will not work at all, except for that one aircraft.

I need to adjust the 'scene.m1 = sceneAPI:addModel("P-51D", -10, 2.9, -8);' line using trial and error, for each aircraft until all are sitting properly on the floor, which is a major PITA :(

Beyond that, if I want to turn them 45° away from the shelter wall, instead of parallel to it--which I also want to do--, another crazy thing happens. The transform line 'scene.m1.transform:rotate(0.0, 0, 11.6);' third parameter sets the Z-axis tilted backward (relative to the shelter, not the aircraft model's neutral (flying) position), so when you then also change the second parameter, which changes the direction the aircraft's nose is pointing relative to the shelter, it rotates around the now tilted Z-axis and puts the aircraft into a slanted attitude with one wing dipped, as if it were banking in a curve, only it's supposed to be on the floor :cry:

Try:

Transform.SetOrient

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Thanks for the tip. Halfway there. The command is actually 'scene.m2.transform:setOrient(0, -90, 11.6);', and yes, capitalization must be correct.

But, 'scene.m2.transform:setOrient' still does angle the Z-axis (3rd parameter) backwards, so when you use the 2nd parameter to change the direction the nose is pointing, it rotates alone the angled z-axis:

attachment.php?attachmentid=187379&stc=1&d=1528827814

Screen_180612_191848.thumb.png.ad094773b3bd2085c3805fe66af389bf.png

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Can any of you give me some hints on how to add my beloved F-14a VF-33 bird into the SceneVR.lua?

There's hints throughout this thread. Lots of examples of what some has done to their Hangar. Just look at those examples and modify them according to what you want.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Without having to spend hours and hours trying to figure it out on my own, does anyone know how to move the camera, and be willing to post it here? There are about 4 or 5 settings referring to camera, which makes everything the more confusing.

I'd like to position the camera (and I assume the menu board goes along with it) off to one side of the shelter, and for testing purposes, I'd like to put it as close to the ground as possible, so I can see if the wheels on a tail-dragger are properly on the ground.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

--(LOCALLY DEFINED Z AXIS)
local cam_level = 1.8

--(POSITION IN Y,Z,X)
scene.cam	= sceneAPI:addCamera(3, cam_level , 3) 

--(CLIPPING DISTANCE OF OBJECTS)
scene.cam:setFarClip(1000.0)

--(CAMERA FoV)
scene.cam:setFov(90)

--(CAMERA ORIENTATION, TARGET IN Y,Z,X)
scene.cam.transform:lookAtPoint(-10.0, cam_level, 0);

CAM_LEVEL is locally defined for Z Axis, can be changed to a Value instead.

--(LOCALLY DEFINED Z AXIS)
local cam_level = 1.8

--(POSITION IN Y,Z,X)
scene.cam	= sceneAPI:addCamera(3, cam_level , 3) 

--(CLIPPING DISTANCE OF OBJECTS)
scene.cam:setFarClip(1000.0)

--(CAMERA FoV)
scene.cam:setFov(90)

--(CAMERA ORIENTATION, TARGET IN Y,Z,X)
scene.cam.transform:lookAtPoint(-10.0, cam_level, 0);

CAM_LEVEL is locally defined for Z Axis, can be changed to a Value instead.

You're a sweetheart Skate! :D

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Is there any way i could disable the hanger scene if i didn't want to have anything?

Just edit the LUA and put anything, when you'll load DCS it'll find an error in the LUA and load a blank grey screen. :P But other than that, i duno. :)

*whew* what a fight :P

Putting shinny metal skin aircraft inside the shelter is ... ugly. The reflection is of the ugly shelter.

Anyway, so I got P-51D's to finally rest on the tarmac with all three wheels:

attachment.php?attachmentid=188310&stc=1&d=1529799910

SeneVR.lua attached in OvGME ready zip file.

You will need to change the livery folder names, as the ones here are all from Reflected, and I put them in custom folder names.

1452404324_DCSWSceneVR4xP-51D352FGAlongLeftSideofTarmac.thumb.jpg.97b954ca7f8557654235ee3c6d0d07a0.jpg

DCSW SceneVR 4x P-51D 352 FG, Along Left Side of Tarmac.zip

• Like 1

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

*whew* what a fight :P

Putting shinny metal skin aircraft inside the shelter is ... ugly. The reflection is of the ugly shelter.

Anyway, so I got P-51D's to finally rest on the tarmac with all three wheels:

attachment.php?attachmentid=188310&stc=1&d=1529799910

SeneVR.lua attached in OvGME ready zip file.

You will need to change the livery folder names, as the ones here are all from Reflected, and I put them in custom folder names.

Got to admit the default shelter they use is ugly, that why i changed it for the better resoltution shelter model, way better. Great job BTW. Only reason i eprsonal leave shelters is, the fact we can'T add water so you get the sorta flat artificial fake horizon you get in ModelViewer. :(

Try to add some clouds man, it's give a bit more depths. I only so far enabled the Cirrus line, becase i was having trouble with the clouds line.

sceneAPI:setCirrus(true)

Got to admit the default shelter they use is ugly, that why i changed it for the better resoltution shelter model, way better. Great job BTW. Only reason i eprsonal leave shelters is, the fact we can'T add water so you get the sorta flat artificial fake horizon you get in ModelViewer. :(

Try to add some clouds man, it's give a bit more depths. I only so far enabled the Cirrus line, becase i was having trouble with the clouds line.

sceneAPI:setCirrus(true)

:D Kewl! and thanks!

I was wondering about weather and such. should makes things look a bit less naked.

I was also thinking of seeing into making some simple flat walls to put along the outer edges onto which one could skin some photos of a surrounding area. If the sky in the pictures could be made transparent, you'd be looking at rendered sky. Since you're pretty much stuck near where your camera is positioned, unless you position the very close to a wall, just having the picture of an environment, would be an improvement. Setting the parallax would probably not be that difficult once you've established where the camera will stand. But I have no skills what so ever to produce even a simple flat wall :doh:

Edited by Captain Orso

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

here's the final stage of the VR Hangar/Hornet module Theme i worked on. Thanks for the original post found here to cue me at first the starting way to do it, things came along after by testing etc..

Step 1: Edit the VR Scene to change the Aircraft: Check

Step 2: Work on a way for animations: Check

Step 3: Change liveries to create a RCAF Hangar: Check

Step 4: Change the menu background: Check

And finaly last night i attacked the last one:

Step 5: Change the music playing: Check

But i didn't just changed the music, i wanted to create an ambiant to the scenery. So i started grabing sounds here and there as what i wanted and start creating a sound montage, which is the second time i do this ever.... the result is pretty much close to what i wanted... all the timeline of each is close too, for now.

Made a hangar ambiant sound as background, then comes along a scramble alarm, with a few seconds after, Hornet in the distance starting up, as the music starts, (one of my song for personaly reasons i used it for this, old but i like it) i jsut didn't put a music just to put a music, so i tried to edit the song, added reverbs etc.. as if it was playing on old speackers hanged around somewhere att he back of the Hangar. Then comes 2 Hornets flyby over the Hangar. All along you can barely ear a Carrier Marshall comms, just for the heck of it and because i love doing Carrier ops.

Here's a few seconds vidéo of the result.

Edited by Doum76

LOL that sound track is pretty cool :thumbup:

Here's something I just checked out, you might want to try to get to work, which IMHO would be better than that ugly shelter

attachment.php?attachmentid=188565&stc=1&d=1530102766

This is the inside of the Stennis model (c:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\tech\USS John C Stennis\Shapes\cvn74.EDM). Now wouldn't that be cool :D

480145617_HardCopy_20180627_142926-C__ProgramFiles_EagleDynamics_DCSWorldOpenBeta_CoreMods_tech_USSJo.thumb.jpg.8350f8c31a971927611f90e942242aca.jpg

Edited by Captain Orso
spelling

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler