F-16 questions

Vinny002

Guys, question for you, is there a way to get the tadpole and the distance to tacan to show on the HUD? Another question, what are the numbers 000.0 underneath the radar altitude box for on the lower right Hand side of the HUD? Thanks! Cheers, Vincent.

"Tadpole" officially the great circle steering cue (GCSC) only appears on the HUD.

No TACAN on the HUD.

There are several digital values below the radar altitude box. From top to bottom in NAV display mode they are:

AL XXXX allowable radar altitude height before alert

B or F XXX range to point of interest in nautical miles or hundreds of feet.

XX:XX time, exactly what time depends. It can be estimated time of arrival, estimated time until arrival, time to release weapon, time to weapon impact, stuff like that

XXX>X nautical miles to > steerpoint number. Occasionally in some modes you'll get relative bearing to target

A lot of times the "B" line and the navigation distance are essentially the same. When you fly over waypoint three at 10,000' you're 0 miles away navigational but actually 2 miles above it "slant range." E.g. your HUD would display B002.0 / 000>3.

Theoretically that would be slant range which rounds down to 0.0nm or less than 0.05 which is about 300'. Before that can happen, inside 1nm the display changes to B 060 (and decreasing) for 6000' and theoretically would be B 000 inside 50' (rounds to 0' instead of up to 100'). The "B" line is only showing up in DCS when in NAV master mode. In the real airplane it's possible in some of the other HUD modes, e.g. AG CCRP.

Question for you, how do I get the B000.0 to show on the HUD? Thanks!

I'd say by placing the waypoint at your altitude level. That way you're directly flying through it.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Except you can’t set the altitude of a steerpoint yet...

I thought I did that in open beta this sunday ..

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline