[RESOLVED]Multiplayer desyncing, warping etc killing missions..

IceFire

Hi, thx for you efforts but since the last patch in dogfight on Just Dogfight server some players noticed some desync very different than lag we had before (plane disappear or reappear in other position)

What you need from client for help you to fix this issue?

Best regards

• ED Team
(plane disappear or reappear in other position)

Looks like bad network conditions. That's not fixable.

If you provide a client track, showing the issue, we can take a look and answer more specifically.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

If you provide a client track, showing the issue, we can take a look and answer more specifically.

Sorry to say but warping is not fixed you cant even hold a lock without the bandit warping out of it and trashing the missile, Most servers can only hold 30 clients tops without the server doing alsorts of stuff, I even warped on the deck and ended up sunk in it, This was also bug reported in the super carrier section. Its not resolved, Could we atleast try some more mass testing? Then just 5 10 people in a closed beta group maybe?

Hi ok i'll try to do it (i have many but they are big severals hours)

Should it be possible to have in addition of the ping more information about connexion (paquet lost (send and receive)) and cpu load for each client and for the server ?

Because sometimes it can happen to have a very good ping but bad connexion

Is it possible than the connexion is good for all but 1 cpu overloaded (server or client) make all slower?

This evening some was in Gigabit connexion ping under 200 but we had some warping

Should be great to have more information for analyse the prob (our connexion, other client connexion or server (maybe because overloading cpu or bandwith)

Best regards

• 1 month later...
Hi here is a track where you'll can notice warping look at the begining the F14 in the FOV while tracking the F15 and later the F16 warping start at about 11h54 and 10s

Hope it'll help you

PS: connexion is Fiber

Best regards

I don't have a track to prove this, but on almost every server I flew last night on the latest DCS version DCS 2.5.6.52437 open beta, I noticed frequent rubber banding of planes despite having good ping to servers (typically <100 ms). I don't have rubber banding issues in other games like IL-2, and my packet loss tests show 0% packet loss.

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Did not want to start a new thread, but I think this "desync" issue is far from "RESOLVED". We experience a different kind of desyncing in our squad, where client 1, client 2 and the server all may experience completely different sequence of events!

Example 1: our 2-ship flight is engaging a 2-ship AI flight. We sorted targets left/right and launched one AIM-120 each. My lead's tacview then showing both missiles going after the left target. In my tacview I see both heading to the right target while the left bandit is blowing up on its own. Server, apparently, knows that the lead's missile kills the left target and triggers it to blow up. But because my version of the events has the lead's missile still flying, it loses its target, pitbulls to mine, kills it, thus leaving my missile trashed with no target. Then that right bandit resurrects and kills me.

Example 2: my lead drops 3 GBUs on his first pass, and 1 on the second (as proved by his tacview). I see him doing a dry run on the first pass and dropping all 4 GBUs on the second pass 15 (!!!) minutes later. Then he gets killed by a SAM with no warning, because the launch only happened on the server and not on his client PC.

I do not have mission files and tracks, only tacview screenshots from different players. I can not pretend to know how the syncing is done, but I assume only some key trigger events are exchanged between server and clients, while the simulation is running independently on them all. These triggers seem to get lost/delayed/repeated when an omission is detected.

My connection is 300/300mb with the ping to server of 30, so I doubt we can blame the ISP/covid etc. This bug now seems to affect every single mission we fly in MP and causes huge frustration. Like the OP of this thread did, I'd like the situation acknowledged, issue reopened and some assurances given on how it will be resolved. Thanks in advance!

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR