F/A-18 not updating

bradboom

This might be a noob question, but my F-18 isn't updating. I bought the module last week, ran the updater this morning, but I still don't have weapons, like the maverick, that has been released for the F-18. All I have are gravity bombs and zuni rockets for weapon options. I ran the updater for DCS world from the Eagle Dynamics folder in the start menu and ran a downloadable updater from one of these threads. DCS world is current, 2.5.3, and the updater now tells me DCS is up to date when I run it again, but I don't have the weapons that others on this forum are posting about. Any help is appreciated!

Which version are you using? There are three versions of DCS; Openbeta (ver 2.5.3.24984), stable versions (2.5.3.23225) and steam versions. It sounds like you have the stable version.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

are you on the open beta branch?

Those have been released only in the open beta branch. When the most important bugs will be solve ED will release it to the stable version

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

if you can navigate via the cmd prompt to your DCS folder, you can type the following to update to open beta:

dcs_updater.exe update @openbeta

He/she might not want the openbeta

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

He/she might not want the openbeta

Obviously, it's optional... I think that goes without saying... but he/she was asking about updates, so I provided what I believe is the least complicated option to get those updates.

You could try @openalpha and see what happens :)