DCS 2.5.3 Crash on Startup In VR

Deathmechanic

Just started having crashes on the stable 2.5.3 ver. using Oculus VR.

Startup is fine when VR is off.

Cleaned, repaired DCS and deleted config folder, updated Nvidia drivers with DDU and fresh install of Oculus software.

Oculus works fine with other VR Apps

Any ideas?? Pulling my hair out!

Logs attached.

# -------------- 20181002-163949 --------------

C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\LibOVRRT64_1.dll

# C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at DB5ADA77 00:00000000

dcs.log-20181002-163949.zip

Seems i read in the VR issues forum of latest Oculus update causing problems

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

DCS 'unresponsive' in steamVR

Issue started with SteamVR updated - Vive-Pro would not work at all.

NVidia released new driver on 10-4-2018 - Vive-Pro works great.

Now, Black screen after showing DCS screen - if using SteamVR.

Tried to start DCS while SteamVR is active (because I'm using HTC Vive-Pro).

Now, DCS.exe is 'unresponsive' in SteamVR.

New Nvidia driver released 10-4-2018, which got my SteamVR back online.

I have no issues with Oculus running DCS; Vive-Pro has better resolutions, so I prefer Vive-Pro.

Not sure what to do. System is:

Windows 10 Home (updated)

Intel Core i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30G

32. GB Ram

RTX 2080 FE (NV-Link)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys,

I’m having the same issue.

Crashes happen at server selection stage, or during the loading phase after server selection.

It’s very random for me, and when I manage to join a server I don’t have crashes while in game.

I also have the « track IR device unplugged » from time to time but it has no impact.

I noticed recently some noise that seems to be coming from the GPU while in DCS menus, but this stops in game...

I’lol try without VR to see if I have the same problems.

Aorus Z690i, 13600K @5.5ghz, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3600 C16, SSD WD SN850 black, HP Reverb G2, Virpil WarBRD + MongoosT50 CM2 grip

Did some testing : no crash in non-VR mode.

I’m still getting a lot of crashes at the server selection stage or during loading phase after selecting a server.

I tried reinstalling Oculus soft, I tried various nvidia drivers and did not put any GPU overclock.

I also tried the pagefile trick.

I have Oculus tray tool to disable ASW by default.

One thing I noticed is that I have very high framerate in DCS menus (200-300 fps), and I can hear cool whine from the GPU.

If I manage to join a server and then go back to the menus (though all that without crashing is pretty rare) the framerate is now at a more reasonable level (similar to in-game 45-90 fps).

I’m wondering if the very high framerate/coil whine causes those crashes.

I’ll try to see if there’s a way to limit framerate at say 90 at all times.

Anybody facing the same issues ?

Thanks for your help

Aorus Z690i, 13600K @5.5ghz, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3600 C16, SSD WD SN850 black, HP Reverb G2, Virpil WarBRD + MongoosT50 CM2 grip

Tried with limiting framerate at 90 fps.

Still got crashes at server selection stage.

Well I guess I'll join you guys in the boat.

all of a sudden DCS is not leading me beyond the loading screen just shortly before the screen opens where you can choose your airplane. Instead it keeps loading and loading. Than my Oculus home shuts down and starts again and i am in oculus home allthough DCS is still running. than without any crash report dcs shuts down.

That is what I already did: Renamed Saved Game Folder of DCS, repair, clean (with Skate Zillas fantastic tool) deinstalled modules, reinstalled them, deinstalled occulus home, reinstalled occulus home, went from Nvidia 430.53 (incl. hotfix and update from ED) to version 425.31. Everything with no luck. This is in Multiplayer and singleplayer VR and also in 2D.

I found out that the F14 is causing the crash. The funny thing is that I can't connect to missions, which are setup with a F14. I made my own mission and started to place one Module like the Mirage. Startet the mission -> works. than added the huey -> works. than added the F14 baaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmm -> crash of oculus home and afterwards dcs...thats strange. I started a new mission and placed a single F14. DCS Loads until the moment I press fly after selecting the F14. Than oculus crashes and DCS is still in visible in the HMD. after 1-2 minutes DCS shuts down and in the HMD is black than oculus home.

Any ideas?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

:pilotfly:

Some updates on my side on a potential solution and cause :

I reinstalled my nVidia driver (complete install, no a basic reinstall) which seemed to have resolved the crashes.

Shortly after (excess of confidence I guess!) I reinstalled Asus GPU Tweak 2 tool (my GPU tool for monitoring and overclocking) which I had deleted while searching for a potential cause.

Crashes reappeared right after that (had like 10 crashes while trying to join MP servers yesterday).

Had to reinstall nVidia driver again and delete GPU Tweak 2 (using the tool removal provided on Asus website, not the standard windows uninstall) and no more crash after that.

Will do some more testing to confirm.

I attached two logs from the last crashes prior last driver reinstall

dcs.log-20190512-203540.zip

dcs.log-20190512-203717.zip

Edited by noxyd