Any Way To Keep VR Cockpit Position?

pgh2atl

Hey everyone! Just got my CV1 recently & finally got a chance to try DCS with it. First off THIS is the experience I have been waiting for in sims since I started playing falcon 3.0 back in my youth! Its absolutely amazing to be IN the cockpit & not just being a part of the viewing experience on a monitor. If this is 1st gen.....I can't wait to see what is ahead!

But enough with my gushing about VR. I'm still trying to find my way around the best DCS VR experience & one thing I'm having a bit of difficulty with is that when I come into the cockpit before the missions starts I'm literally sitting a few feet above the cockpit. So I found that NUM 5 re-centers you in the cockpit & if I use RSHIFT & RCTRL with the num pad I can move myself into the best seating position for me in VR. I've tried the 'save view' with RALT + NUM 0 but when I come back into the cockpit after exiting it....its not the same position I saved. Is this a known issue, bug or am I doing something wrong? Is there a 'load view' function I'm missing?

Seems like the eyepoint position is not getting saved in the Alpha version. I have it too in the F15...I'd need to check others. I don't experience this in the v1.5 stable release.

Welcome to VR! I've been waiting 20 years for it!

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Thanks Derek! Big fan of your work man. Never dove all-in on sim racing but with the CV1 I may have to give it another try! Any VR racing sim recommendations?

The issue I'm having is actually in v.1.5. It seems there are times when it gets close (off a bit to one side or another) but most times it starts in that 'above cockpit' position. I've tried resetting my view in Oculus but that doesn't have an effect. Most times I'm having to manually reset the view...but I do wish I could just save it & have it there each time.

Cheers :) Assetto Corsa, Live for Speed and Pcars are great for VR (not wanting to go off topic ;))

It's odd the eyepoint control you have. I have no issue with it in v1.5 stable. Perhaps you have the beta and something is not harmonized with the stable and beta that's giving rise. Dunno :/

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Hey everyone! Just got my CV1 recently & finally got a chance to try DCS with it. First off THIS is the experience I have been waiting for in sims since I started playing falcon 3.0 back in my youth! Its absolutely amazing to be IN the cockpit & not just being a part of the viewing experience on a monitor. If this is 1st gen.....I can't wait to see what is ahead!

Congrats!!!

I got back from UPS facility 10 mins ago. i finally have my rift!!!! CV1

lol

now the pain hangs on when i will get a oculus capable video card (GTX1080)

whats your steam name? would like to fly with u when im 100% setup

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179