Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

@ Dehuman:

WOW! This really must be the first time the objective was actually completed! We've got some awesome dedicated pilots on the server.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Learnt a hard lesson earlier today about my need to brush up on the 29, and just how short-legged it really is. The restriction to 60s make it a bit of a trap almost! Think I'll stick to the 21 next time, especially if I'm already on a roll with it... :lol:

Another fantastic night with some great teamwork and great comms. (You know who you are)

For the first time I've ever seen we managed to achieve this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=232031&stc=1&d=1586453684

we really had a great time that day, although i think you could make more dificult to clear each water station, like adding some AAA and more infantry. Last night we captured al 4 airfields in Abu Dahbi but the mission didnt ended even after more than 30 min, is this the way its suposed to be?? i hope that in the future more missions get a greater ground war centric theme like when the mountains cry with more dificult objectives and of course a lot more Helo action. Big thanks for your work mr Alpenwolf. Now the server seems to be down. Sorry about all my spelling errors :D:thumbup:

we really had a great time that day, although i think you could make more dificult to clear each water station, like adding some AAA and more infantry. Last night we captured al 4 airfields in Abu Dahbi but the mission didnt ended even after more than 30 min, is this the way its suposed to be?? i hope that in the future more missions get a greater ground war centric theme like when the mountains cry with more dificult objectives and of course a lot more Helo action. Big thanks for your work mr Alpenwolf. Now the server seems to be down. Sorry about all my spelling errors :D:thumbup:

More difficult? Even though When The mountains Cry was completed for the first time just recently? The mission is at least 1 year old.

Once Upon a Time in Abu Dhabi was fixed! It should rotate now after completing the objective.

Server's up and running. Check again, please. Players are online.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Difficult times these days, I know.

Some months ago I generated a call for donations to help me with the server funds and you guys answered the call without hesitation.

Any penny you can spare would really be helpful.

PayPal donations to the following email address:

Hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Bless you all!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hi guys I am getting to learn the Huey and I tried to unpack Hawk today but it keep telling me unable to unpack. What do I do wrong?

Could be many factors. Just show up on TS whenever you can and then we look it up.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Very nice thx

on 158.69.122.193?

The Cold War server uses the 104th TeamSpeak. Once tuned in, scroll all the way down to see the channel.

IP: ts50.gameservers.com:9132

Passowrd: phoenix

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hi guys I am getting to learn the Huey and I tried to unpack Hawk today but it keep telling me unable to unpack. What do I do wrong?

Could be many factors. Just show up on TS whenever you can and then we look it up.

Additional question related to this: In order to set up e.g. a HAWK battery, I assume I have to transport all the items needed for a complete battery, i.e. a search and track radar, a command post, several launchers? Is it correct that this would mean several flights in order to set up one battery?

And what about the M109 artillery - I once transported one M109 crate, but on unpacking it close to an enemy base, I was told a second crate would be needed.

Do SAM sites and M109 also need M818 trucks for additional rounds?

And where do I find the crates normally? The other day I found some crates close to the tower at Kutaisi, but they were all over the place, some on the tower, some very close next to the tower... it was hard to hover close to them. Also, mobile generator trailers represented M109 crates... not very intuitive. I was actually looking for a Humvee crate, so how can I identify what's in each crate?

Additional question related to this: In order to set up e.g. a HAWK battery, I assume I have to transport all the items needed for a complete battery, i.e. a search and track radar, a command post, several launchers? Is it correct that this would mean several flights in order to set up one battery?

And what about the M109 artillery - I once transported one M109 crate, but on unpacking it close to an enemy base, I was told a second crate would be needed.

Do SAM sites and M109 also need M818 trucks for additional rounds?

And where do I find the crates normally? The other day I found some crates close to the tower at Kutaisi, but they were all over the place, some on the tower, some very close next to the tower... it was hard to hover close to them. Also, mobile generator trailers represented M109 crates... not very intuitive. I was actually looking for a Humvee crate, so how can I identify what's in each crate?

When you ask for a crate, it's placed right about 50 meters in front of you. You should know what and where it is becasue you asked for it. Sometimes when asking for a crate on a FARP, the crate might be hidden directly behind the FARP but still in front of you. This is becasue some FARP's are placed on a hill higher than the ground on which they "stand", but once you take off and gain altitude you should be able to see the crate in front of you at about 50 meters distance.

Some units e.g. Hawk, SA-6, Chaparral and Strela need more than 1 crate. It's in the F-10 menu and you can see the required number of crates next to the unit's name you want to pick up.

Example: Strela (2). The "(2)" basically means that 2 crates are required.

If this wasn't the case the battlefield might get crammed with IR SAM's or SAM batteries. Which is a nice thought actually to get pilots to fly higher maybe. Hmmm... We'll see... Might change that and see what happens.

MANPAD's are less of a threat hence they require 1 crate only.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I did all 4 or 5 (Hawk) and it keep telling me unable to unpack

That was on the new Battle Over Sukhumi Unleashed map

Currently at work. I'll check it out tomorrow if some space time is available.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

What did it say exactly?

The hint is in the message.

Crates need to be within 300m of each other and outside of a crate pick up zone. (orange smoke on Sukhumi mission)

My apologies if this is too obvious, but also be sure to Drop the crates from the CTLD menu first and then Unpack them.

Edited by Brown Floyd

Tactical Commander slots gone from Phone Booth? JTAC/Operator cannot move vehicles on the map. I deployed a few vehicles and soldiers to take Beslan but without being able to set a route for them they were stuck by the treeline

Tactical Commander slots gone from Phone Booth? JTAC/Operator cannot move vehicles on the map. I deployed a few vehicles and soldiers to take Beslan but without being able to set a route for them they were stuck by the treeline

Because there's an issue with the Cmdr slots. They will be back, once I've changed something in the script.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The server is frozen. :( It's stuck at 1:46:36 time

PC : i7 7700K | NVIDIA 2070 Super | 32GB RAM 3000MHz

Modules : FC3 | Bf 109K-4 Kurfurst | F-5E-3 Tiger II | A-10C Worthog | MiG-21Bis Fishbed | UH-1H Huey | Combined Arms | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C Hornet | Ka-50 | F-14A&B Tomcat! | L-39 | Mi-8MTV | Persian Gulf | F-86F | MiG-15 | AV-8B N/A | M-2000C | P-51D | F-16C | Yak-52 | Nevada | SA342 | NS430 | JF-17

Virpil WarBRD | Virpil VFX Grip

yo, F-5 pilots, we need to take more videos of our kills... lots of shots of us dying in this thread

Northrop F-5E TIGER II

Intel i7-9700k @ 5.0 GHz | GTX 3070 | 32 GB | HTC VIVE PRO 2
Virpil T50 CM2 base + CM2 grip | CM2 Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV

Server News:

- Server's up and running.

- A new mission is in the making. It will be in the Persian Gulf map, and the scenario is similar to that of the last 3 missions.

- The mission The Desert Has Eyes is back online.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

What did it say exactly?

The hint is in the message.

Crates need to be within 300m of each other and outside of a crate pick up zone. (orange smoke on Sukhumi mission)

It was, well I think. It a bit difficult to gauge the exact distance in a game

Edited by Decibel dB

Just a suggestion, is it possible to have all the mission brief on the first page of this tread or on a new one.

It will make it more easy to find and read the brief before the mission. I know it is also in game but for those in 4K resolution it is too small to read.

Thanks