About ABRIS and GNSS error [Steam Edition]

e33et

Good Day,

When i try to fly KA-50 from parking hot i'll can't fix the GNSS error even if i try to calculate my priams data it doesn't work, but strange part it work on the tutorial cold startup and i don't know how to install this: :helpsmilie:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/646047/

It seems it diffrent between standalone and Steam Edition folder structure, because i coldn't find same path?

Regards

e33et

It seems it's different between standalone and Steam Edition folder structure, because i couldn't find same path?

You are using an old mod. from 2014.

The path

• "DCS World\Bazar\Terrain\Ka-50\ABRIS\Database"

is correct for DCS 1.2.16

It isn't valid for 1.5.6, etc. installs.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

but it's Priam Calculation Fix required to get GNSS it to work probably as i read it could be bugged or has it been fixed yet on the newer version?

I don't understand what you are trying to do ?

ABRIS and navigation are working for me.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

but it's Priam Calculation Fix required to get GNSS it to work probably as i read it could be bugged or has it been fixed yet on the newer version?

I am not sure but is it possible that you are actually talking about INU drift?

Because the INU isn't linked to the ABRIS there could be an INU error of around 100 m offset after 100-150 km of flight which made it necessary to perform an INU alignment with the ABRIS and PVI in long distance flights.

The only thing I heard of that there was or is currently no error in the INU which means that the INU is working unrealistically exact.

Is this the bug you are talking about?

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

I don't understand what you are trying to do ?

ABRIS and navigation are working for me.

i'm trying to get GNSS: Yes and Nav error solved after a mission start and takeoff from parking hot, but i can't fix with priam calculation, is there a way to fix it?, cause it works on could start tutorial :doh:

i'm trying to get GNSS: Yes and Nav error solved after a mission start and takeoff from parking hot, but i can't fix with priam calculation, is there a way to fix it?, cause it works on could start tutorial :doh:

Is it possible that this is a triggered systems failure?

Can you please upload a track or the mission file.

If it is a campaign mission which one is it?

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Is it possible that this is a triggered systems failure?

Can you please upload a track or the mission file.

If it is a campaign mission which one is it?

It's a just a custom made with no mission and route but i thought if it works on the tutorial it's should work in Mission Editior too.

Kind Regards

e33et

Ka-50-test.miz

It's a just a custom made with no mission and route but i thought if it works on the tutorial it's should work in Mission Editior too.

You have a sanitised mission with only the "USAF Aggressors", they don't have access to GPS/GNSS on their own and need to be in coalition with a major faction i.e. USA or Russia.

I imagine RED "USAF Aggressors" will similarly need to be in coalition with a major faction to have access to GPS/GNSS but haven't tested that scenario.

Edited by Ramsay

You have a sanitised mission with only the "USAF Aggressors", they don't have access to GPS/GNSS on their own and need to be in coalition with a major faction i.e. USA or Russia.

I imagine RED "USAF Aggressors" will similarly need to be in coalition with a major faction to have access to GPS/GNSS but haven't tested that scenario.

USAF Agressors are bugged AFAIK or it is like you say

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

So u mean it's a bug or a feature like in irl avation?

I'm not sure if the coalition requirement is intended but IIRC IRL military GPS data requires a cryptography key, so it seems reasonable to require a coalition that includes USA/Russia to gain access to GPS/GNSS satellites i.e. "USAF Aggressors" don't have their own satellites.

So u mean it's a bug or a feature like in irl avation?

Just create another mission or edit the current mission so that you use RU or US as coalition for your KA 50 and we will see.

I can't check by myself currently because iam not at home atm

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

I can't check by myself currently because iam not at home atm

A Blufor "USAF Aggressors" Ka-50 was tested in coalition with USA or Russia and worked in DCS 2.5.5.41371

Blue "USAF Aggressors" vs Red "Russia" doesn't work, so it's not sufficient to have the satellites in theater, one of the main factions must be in coalition with the "USAF Aggressors"

The working Cold Start Training Mission uses a "USAF Aggressors" Ka-50 that is part of a generic "Modern Blufor" Coalition that includes several nations including the USA.

I haven't tested the requirements for a Red "USAF Aggressors" Ka-50 ABRIS/GNSS.

Just create another mission or edit the current mission so that you use RU or US as coalition for your KA 50 and we will see.

You can still use a "USAF Aggressors" Ka-50, you just need to include USA or Russia in your coalition list when creating a new mission.

The ME has an option to "Clear all coalitions", this is what the OP has done and with only the "USAF Aggressors" selectable, the "USAF Aggressors" Ka-50 ABRIS isn't picking up any GNSS satellites.

Edited by Ramsay