Syria map progress?

D4n

We haven't seen any progress update since development started over a year ago, right? (april 2018 )

How many people are even working on the Syria map? IS anyone still working on it, or was it canceled? :huh:

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• ED Team

Hi

When ED / Ugra Media are ready to share info they will.

Keep an eye out for information in future newsletters.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

We haven't seen any progress update since development started over a year ago, right? (april 2018 )

How many people are even working on the Syria map? IS anyone still working on it, or was it canceled? :huh:

ED put info about new maps on the new year non-aicraft newsletter

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3735513&postcount=178

With 2018 we saw the release of the DCS: Persian Gulf Map. For 2019 we and our partners are working on two new World War II maps, a Syria map, a Falkland Islands map, and a new free map that we’ll discuss later in the year.

The last pics about Syria map was posted by Ugra Media on April 2019

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3882821&postcount=284

https://ugra-media.ru/2018/proekt-blizhnij-vostok/

And ED Show Syria map on F-16CM Viper Introduction and some shots on the Viper official trailer

Syria map comes out in F-16C Viper Official Trailer, so I think it has relation with F-16C Viper

:pilotfly:

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 2 months later...

From my point of view i think that they are give up on this project. We saw it on first Viper video and after that Matt didnt use that map again, Ugra media didnt post anything on their forum about half year, sooo i think that we wont see it any time soon. I sent them mail about map in september and still no answer, so i give up on dreams aout great projet.

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

Yep, same. That's why I gave this thread 1/5 stars, no statement from either Ugra nor ED.

+1 bump from Israeli community

Our wallets are open and waiting for the opportunity to throw money at you!

We would very much appreciate if we could hear some news about this map.

It seems likely now that the upcoming free map will be released well before the Syria map which doesn't make sense at all from a business perspective!

I'm very much hoping that that this isn't a situation (again) of a 3rd party that is not keeping to its deadline for delivering commercial DLC product that could bring in some much needed cash flow.

If the map development by Ugra media is not moving at a reasonable pace, ED should be more proactive, step in and complete the map with their own assets that are currently working on the free map. At least get some money flowing in from the sales of the Syria map and after completing the Syria map go back to completing a free map that won't generate any revenue, at least not directly.

In summary, I can tell you that the whole Israeli community for more than a year since it was declared are anxiously awaiting this map. The lack of updates by ED on this subforum is disheartening. The lack of any kind of communication at all by Ugra media on this subforum is worrying.

Respectfully,

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

• ED Team
Yep, same. That's why I gave this thread 1/5 stars, no statement from either Ugra nor ED.

I commented, second post.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The project "Middle East" is a unique theater of war, which includes missions and companies of military confrontation in the Middle East from the mid 70s to the present.

This project allows users to use virtually the entire arsenal of military equipment and DCS aircraft and includes reproducing the events of one of the largest military conflicts of our time:

- The Doomsday War of 1973;

- Lebanon war of 1982;

- The liberation of Syria from terrorists in 2017.

The project will present a map measuring 610 * 440 km, which includes almost all the states of the eastern coast of the Mediterranean Sea. It will feature such large cities as Israeli Haifa and Shefaran, Lebanese Beirut and Tripoli, Turkish Adana and Gaziantep, Jordanian Irbit and Jarash, of course, the cities of the Syrian Arab Republic - Damascus, Homs, Hama, Latakia, Iglib, Aleppo, Raqqa and etc. In the project, one can see real monuments of ancient architecture - the colonnade and amphitheater of Palmyra, the Allepo citadel, the Krak de Chevalier fortress, the Muhammad Al-Amin mosque and others.

On the map, more than 20 airdromes will be implemented, including the international airports of Damascus and Beirut, the United States Incirlik air base. And of course, the Russian VKS Khmeimim base and the Navy Tartus base will be presented in.

Recall that Syria is a state in the Middle East, bordering Lebanon and Israel in the southwest, with Jordan in the south, with Iraq in the east and with Turkey in the north. It is washed by the Mediterranean Sea in the west. The modern statehood of Syria dates back a little more than 70 years, but civilization originated here in the fourth millennium BC. the capital is Damascus, one of the oldest constantly populated cities in the world. In addition, Damascus is also the oldest of all modern capitals in the world.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I think that most people are not aware that Ugra Media is the company responsible for some of the maps and assets of the IL-2 Great Battles franchise. They had a lot to do to deliver their Arras map and the 3D models units in time for the recent release of the WWI sim, Flying Circus.

I'm sure they will add more manpower to the Syria map since their biggest project of the last two years has been completed. We still have plenty to do in the Caucasus and the Strait of Hormuz until flying over Syria. I'm confident we could see the Syrian theater coming to DCS by 2020.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

The guy responsible for placing millions of objects is still placing... millions of objects. It's hard work. Laborious. Can make you insane. And they couldnt give two hoots about you telling them to hurry up either!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

With all due respect to the Ugra media team and the people who are working hard on their projects, I think for any company that wants to sell their product needs for the purpose of of sale to promote the product, they have not provided a single picture or sentence in this forum since the beginning. Keep in mind that this is the best platform with the most DCS users where they should, as a rule, provide all the product information, not just on their website that is barely accessible to non-Russian speaking people.

I really would like to see that map asap but wishes are so much different than reality.

Edited by Avenger31

106_47.jpg

Avenger there has been a lot of pictures posted. Upgrade themselves don’t talk much in the English forums but the Russian one is probsbly pretty active. We have lots of pictures of Syria already even before the F-16 screenshots

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

AeriaGloria, the web page of Ugra media has last change in april this year about this map, so it isnt pretty active for me.

106_47.jpg

Ouch. Just don’t expect Ugra themselves to appear here. As others said, they do a lot of maps for more than DCS, Summer just passed, and a certain WWI game has been just released. I think they are a small group, and probably spend all their energy on development

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

For me what is little bit strange is that Matt shows that map on Viper video, and after that never mention nothing about it. Plus if you have in mind that on Ugra media web page, section Middle East, the last post was in april all together leads me to the conclusion that the project was canceled, i really dont want that to hapend becouse that map is really promising.

106_47.jpg

• ED Team

Hi

It is not cancelled, as mentioned previously the teams are not ready to share any news currently.

When we do it will be in our newsletters.

Thank you