DCS: Black Shark 2 review by Helisimmer

Wags

just what I needed, I am looking to buy this one or the Mi8.

(Please, put them on sale :D )

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Good review, and really great to get the perspective of an actual attack helicopter pilot!

Of course the real fun is to exceed VNE and not create rotor blade salad. ;)

One thing the review didn't mention is the amazing datalink that has been multiplayer compatible for ages and even works well with other AI Ka-50s. IMO that's a big plus in terms of immersion and situational awareness both in SP and MP.

In any case, great to see a new review of this beautiful bird. :thumbup:

Great read, and of particular interest because I had my very first DCS KA-50 flight just 24 hours ago!

My first impression of the DCS module was really positive. The sound of the helicopter, and the feel of my motion sim (running my Gazelle profile for the first flight) and SimShaker vibration combined gave me about the most enjoyable first flight of any DCS aircraft so far.

If I hadn't already committed big time to a Gazelle cockpit build I'd probably do the KA-50. Even so, I think a KA-50 cockpit might happen next winter, depending on how beneficial I find having a full sim cockpit when in VR and blind to the real world. The Gazelle cockpit is my test bed to determine whether or not more full cockpits are in my future.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim: