L-39C vs L-39ZA

sthompson

I purchased the Albatross package today based on glowing reviews here. I didn't realize there were two models. Are there any differences other than the cannon on the ZA?

Also, now that I've configured controls for the C model can I just copy those settings over to the ZA?

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

ZA has 4 pylons as opposed to two in the C, more weapons options, higher payload, more sturdy landing gear and somewhat different cockpit layout because of the additional weapons controls.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

...and skin afaik. Ofc the CA has the most good looking skin, but you will most likely use ZA in combat.

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Hello, enjoy the 39.

The C model can dismount gun sight for a clean view. ZA will only dismount the bracket around the gun sight.

If you hide your joystick, it will work in the C but not the ZA.

I like to use the seat height servo control to see over the gun sight when landing in the ZA.