Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Would it be possible oh gods of Blueflag to have the Gazelle Minigun version added to blue side as a troop / cargo transport?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

In the Ka-50 you can see the exact positions of enemy ground units in the ABRIS map - automatic, no spotting or datalink needed... They are always shown there as small blue circles. Is this something that can be turned off? It would be much cooler if people had to rely on spotting, datalink, recon, comms, sensors, etc, to know where enemies are...

I have no idea if this also occurs on the A-10C.

Was this possible before or is it a new Feature / Bug? I don't fly the Ka-50.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

^^ It was possible before, I remember this from 1.5 and from other servers too. I don't know how it works, but IIRC there might be a way to disable that. I have no idea how, though.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

^^ Ok, did some researching in the mission editor and found out that this is controlled by the "HIDDEN ON MAP" checkbox on the right panel. You just click on the vehicle you want and then click on the "HIDDEN ON MAP" checkbox on the right panel. Alternatively, you can open the "View unit list" by clicking on the corresponding button on the left panel and then double click on the unit you want to make hidden/unhidden. Both methods above will hide/unhide the unit on the F10 map and on the Ka-50 ABRIS.

In the Blue Flag Server, however, all units are already hidden on the F10 map, but not on the Ka-50 ABRIS, so they probably used another method to do this (scripts, maybe?)...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

^^ Ok, did some researching in the mission editor and found out that this is controlled by the "HIDDEN ON MAP" checkbox on the right panel. You just click on the vehicle you want and then click on the "HIDDEN ON MAP" checkbox on the right panel. Alternatively, you can open the "View unit list" by clicking on the corresponding button on the left panel and then double click on the unit you want to make hidden/unhidden. Both methods above will hide/unhide the unit on the F10 map and on the Ka-50 ABRIS.

In the Blue Flag Server, however, all units are already hidden on the F10 map, but not on the Ka-50 ABRIS, so they probably used another method to do this (scripts, maybe?)...

Thats interesting - if we set that option than the GCI will also not be able to see the units - I'll have an experiment and see if I can find a good balance or at least just hide deployed units while still allowing GCI to see them

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Thats interesting - if we set that option than the GCI will also not be able to see the units - I'll have an experiment and see if I can find a good balance or at least just hide deployed units while still allowing GCI to see them

I can't test for GCI because I don't own CA... but are they currently seeing all enemy AA units on the map? I thought they could only see in kind of a fog-of-war mode (see only the ones that are being spotted by friendlies). Plus, of course the friendly units themselves...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

@PeaceSells, yes GCI can only see spotted units.

So I imagine that's regardless of the units being set as "HIDDEN ON MAP" or not, right? Because as far as I know, "HIDDEN ON MAP" will hide non-spotted units...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Can you collect intel and call in bombers from a Mirage?!? What planes are supposed to be able to do this on both sides?

no, mirages can't call in bombers

TF-51s can and Gazelles, no idea about the rest

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think it's a good idea to remove placed units from the arbris. The ka50 doesn't have rwr nor does it have mws. Nor does it have good visibility nor does it have good optics nor can it overfly nor does it have spotting chopper to go with it.

Also it only updates on spawn, you still have to figure out situation if you get there and anything placed after spawn is not in.

Muh 2cents

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

he didn't call them in, those were scripted ... they start off from an airfield just like AI Mig-29A's

bombers are Tu-22M3 and B-1B

I didn't realize we had AI SU-17s. How do they work, and what is the blue counterpart?

I don't think it's a good idea to remove placed units from the arbris. The ka50 doesn't have rwr nor does it have mws. Nor does it have good visibility nor does it have good optics nor can it overfly nor does it have spotting chopper to go with it.

Neither does it have units automatically shown in the ABRIS... By that crutch logic, a lot of things should be shown on map for lots of other aircraft too...

Each aircraft has its advantages and disadvantages, the Ka-50 has strong advantages that are exclusive to it and no other aircraft in-game has. The fun of DCS is using each machine for its advantages and knowing how to avoid its disadvantages. Otherwise it's no different from any other game out there...

(Plus, doesn't the A-10C also have these units shown on his screen?)

Also it only updates on spawn, you still have to figure out situation if you get there and anything placed after spawn is not in.

Yes, but somewhere there's another guy spawining after you who will get the updated situation on his ABRIS. It's an endless cycle...

I don't think the idea behind this "HIDDEN OR UNHIDDEN ON MAP" feature implemented by ED is what you guys are thinking... It's kinda clear now that this is a feature available to mission designers to simulate having intel on the enemy positions before the start of the mission. It's designed to show them in the F10 map primarly and automatically transport them to the ABRIS too (makes sense). But in the way it's currently implemented on Blue Flag (and all other good servers too), units don't show on F10 map, indicating that there's no intel on them, but they somehow show on the ABRIS, so only Ka-50 pilots magically have this intel. If an enemy goes through the trouble of stealthly building an unit in the middle of nowhere, that unit will magically appear on the ABRIS of the next Ka-50 that spanws, wont it?

By the way, I still think Blue Flag is the best server out there, hands down.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Announcement

BuddySpike team has raised 2 more servers that are currently running 24/7.

So far you will find 3 servers available, each one running on a different map -

Blue Flag - Caucasus (http://gadget.buddyspike.net/)

The original Blue Flag, currently running with no Aim-120s or ER/ET and no cluster bombs etc..

Case Blue - Normandy (http://gadget.buddyspike.net:8080/)

Normandy a few days after DDAY.

Blue (Red) Flag - Nevada (http://gadget.buddyspike.net:8081/)

Simulating Red Flag in Nevada using 60s style air frames - Mig-21, F-5E and many more.

You are welcome to join and help us by reporting any issues you find.

We want to try and stress these to see what is the maximum we can have out of the server.

Later on we will combine all the maps into one website.

Cheers and enjoy!

BuddySpike team!

on Blue Flag Caucasus we have some scripts not working right ... Maykop fuel for reds is 53000kg, but we still can't pick slots - says no fuel left

lives are unlimited

time isn't being shown after -time command

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Each aircraft has its advantages and disadvantages, the Ka-50 has strong advantages that are exclusive to it and no other aircraft in-game has..

I dont see how you are even able to contradict yourself in the same sentence.

The Ka-50 has ABRIS, the A-10 has FLIR. Each airframe has advantages and disadvantages, the Ka-50 has the preloaded ABRIS, so what? Its not like you can take out an entire sam site with a single pass with the Ka-50 as you can do on the A-10 if you are capable. What is the point of this if everything has to be the same on red and blue? Is this server sponsored by Karl Marx all of a sudden?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Neither does it have units automatically shown in the ABRIS... By that crutch logic, a lot of things should be shown on map for lots of other aircraft too...

Each aircraft has its advantages and disadvantages, the Ka-50 has strong advantages that are exclusive to it and no other aircraft in-game has. The fun of DCS is using each machine for its advantages and knowing how to avoid its disadvantages. Otherwise it's no different from any other game out there...

(Plus, doesn't the A-10C also have these units shown on his screen?)

Yes, but somewhere there's another guy spawining after you who will get the updated situation on his ABRIS. It's an endless cycle...

I don't think the idea behind this "HIDDEN OR UNHIDDEN ON MAP" feature implemented by ED is what you guys are thinking... It's kinda clear now that this is a feature available to mission designers to simulate having intel on the enemy positions before the start of the mission. It's designed to show them in the F10 map primarly and automatically transport them to the ABRIS too (makes sense). But in the way it's currently implemented on Blue Flag (and all other good servers too), units don't show on F10 map, indicating that there's no intel on them, but they somehow show on the ABRIS, so only Ka-50 pilots magically have this intel. If an enemy goes through the trouble of stealthly building an unit in the middle of nowhere, that unit will magically appear on the ABRIS of the next Ka-50 that spanws, wont it?

By the way, I still think Blue Flag is the best server out there, hands down.

Yeah its unique role is tank busting in low to no airdefence condition.

I dont think it applies TM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?