Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Dino there are some ubermensh also in red side...people who fly with radar off and shoot everybody with r73...but only if they are friendly....

the R73, can be mounted from the Su-25 up. On the 29th, 27th and 33th, they have the radar looking for heat, so the radar can turn off, but to identify the target, you have to turn it on for a second, otherwise as you say, shoot at all without distinguishing the allies from enemies.

For the MiG-21, which can mount maximum R-60M, flights with the radar off because, if you keep it on, after 15 minutes you turn it off, turn it on only to identify a target.

The Viggen instead does not have a radar and it is impossible to identify the target if the plane is not supported by "Magic" or by those who have a radar.

Perhaps what is actually missing is a good "Magic" that guides well and gives the right information.

some sample videos made on this server:

[sIGPIC]2RGT DCS WORLD ITALIA[/sIGPIC]

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!

some people simply is too dependent from iff and radar, when they are merged forget to doing an easy ID, they enter in a "tunnel vision" can't recognize the planes and have an easy trigger. Yesterday my two teammates was brutally killed from a su27 (they was a mirage), the day before was my turn on Mi8...never happened so much on blue side. In the end, I think that each side have pros or cons.

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

I'm done - please switch me to RED side when possible.
Done. Anyone in future wanting sides switched, we've got a dedicated section on the discord now :)

https://discord.gg/FXBEdMH

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

some people simply is too dependent from iff and radar, when they are merged forget to doing an easy ID, they enter in a "tunnel vision" can't recognize the planes and have an easy trigger. Yesterday my two teammates was brutally killed from a su27 (they was a mirage), the day before was my turn on Mi8...never happened so much on blue side. In the end, I think that each side have pros or cons.

I still make mistakes sometimes in the F5, mostly when its a friend and enemy fighting with missiles flying. Im trying to get a shot off to save my buddy. One mistaken radio call interpretation or unhappy coincidence on the IFF query (e.g., are you flaring, in a left turn, in AB, etc) can lead to FF.

If I don't see a fight going on, I will usually get close enough to see the wing sweep to ensure it's a Su27 instead of an F15. Longer shots will usually miss anyways. Also head to head, I wait for enemy to shoot R27 and fire my AIM9p5 right after.

Anybody else noticed that it's been fairly consistently around 3:1 Red to Blue recently? Maybe since the Mirage went to red only?

I know there is certainly a dedicated Mirage contingent out there which I hope to soon join, red or blue!

It might just be post steam sale strangeness but I wonder how the analytics look....?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

registrations counter says: 286blues vs 275reds, but most of the blues only join once or twice so I would say there is 100blues vs 190red or something like that... we should see analytics and check the graphs but there is always a minorance of blue pilots, ofc IMO because of the mirage

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

maybe the statistics should be taken off ... many pilots once killed, they disconnect so as not to give you the "kill" or to not lose your life

last night ... f-15 shot down with the Viggen, the pilot disconnects while the carcass burns.

LIVE!

maybe the statistics should be taken off ... many pilots once killed, they disconnect so as not to give you the "kill" or to not lose your life

last night ... f-15 shot down with the Viggen, the pilot disconnects while the carcass burns.

I think this is actually due to a bug/connection issues. Many people get booted when they get killed. Also, who cares about personal stats?

... many pilots once killed, they disconnect so as not to give you the "kill" or to not lose your life

I think he loses the life anyway, because IIRC the life is lost when you take off and regained when you land back and restore it via the menu... am I right?

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

I think this is actually due to a bug/connection issues. Many people get booted when they get killed. Also, who cares about personal stats?
I do not think the disconnection depends on the lag, on the contrary, I think it is intentionally done. It also happens in other servers with fewer connected people

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

LIVE!

I think he loses the life anyway, because IIRC the life is lost when you take off and regained when you land back and restore it via the menu... am I right?
You maybe lose your life, but it does not give you the "kill"

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

LIVE!

when the pilot die, if is still in flight the plane disappear. This is happen because the scripts that count the lives there.

We also saw that sometimes don't give the victory, but I don't know if is script or dcs related.

when the pilot die, if is still in flight the plane disappear. This is happen because the scripts that count the lives there.

We also saw that sometimes don't give the victory, but I don't know if is script or dcs related.

I remember there was a similar discussion for the Burning Skies server too.

However, whenever it happens, the player disconnects.

The statistics will never be true.

over and out :pilotfly:

LIVE!

I remember there was a similar discussion for the Burning Skies server too.

However, whenever it happens, the player disconnects.

The statistics will never be true.

over and out :pilotfly:

I remember, but burning haven't the same scripts of buddy. The stats page is broken from ages, count air victories like ground victories, when where counted, but never saw the disconnection of the player on buddy like when happened on burning, and frankly i saw that the players on buddy are bit more mature and fairplayed than other server. Also remember that for a player, if want to disconnect, is ever hard to rejoin on server.

Btw like as dino say, who cares about the stats? Now i using the flying potato all time and i've a lot of fun there, but no stats or points for who capture the bases! :joystick:

Hey guys, any plans for including Persian Gulf map?

+1

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

Hey guys, any plans for including Persian Gulf map?

If yes please think about some new concepts. In example:

1. Make the air war being a part of the ground conflict. We know that moving units are performance heavy but as the Persian Gulf map is expected to be less performance demanding maybe it's a good opportunity to look into bringing some of the ground conflict back.

2. Persian Gulf map has some nice big, fat strategical targets like oil refineries. Airbases don't have to be the most important targets.

3. Not all of targets have to be capture-enabled. Some could only be destroyable. Just secure them with tight defenses so it's not easy to take them out.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Hi admins of Blue Flag,

I've really enjoyed this gamemode. Thanks for all the hard work.

One thing: as a frequent KA-50 pilot, I find the use of dot labels very frustrating. I prevents me from being able to use NOE properly, as anybody within 10 miles or so will see an obvious dot superimposed over anything I'm hiding behind, such as a building or treeline. This behavior of the dot labels further gives a massive advantage to anyone with a low tree and object loading radius, as potentially even though I'm 5+ miles away amongst trees and buildings, they will simply see a large black dot on empty terrain.

If I nevertheless remain unnoticed for a while, it sometimes give me an unfair advantage as well, because I can sit behind a treeline or building and count the number of black dots superimposed on the object 20m in front of me to inform my team of how many enemy players are at their airbase, and plan an attack on them. Generally, those damned dots work against me, however.

Is there any chance of tweaking this to avoid putting NOE and helicopter flight at an unrealistic disadvantage? Thanks!

Hi admins of Blue Flag,

I've really enjoyed this gamemode. Thanks for all the hard work.

One thing: as a frequent KA-50 pilot, I find the use of dot labels very frustrating. I prevents me from being able to use NOE properly, as anybody within 10 miles or so will see an obvious dot superimposed over anything I'm hiding behind, such as a building or treeline. This behavior of the dot labels further gives a massive advantage to anyone with a low tree and object loading radius, as potentially even though I'm 5+ miles away amongst trees and buildings, they will simply see a large black dot on empty terrain.

If I nevertheless remain unnoticed for a while, it sometimes give me an unfair advantage as well, because I can sit behind a treeline or building and count the number of black dots superimposed on the object 20m in front of me to inform my team of how many enemy players are at their airbase, and plan an attack on them. Generally, those damned dots work against me, however.

Is there any chance of tweaking this to avoid putting NOE and helicopter flight at an unrealistic disadvantage? Thanks!

Oh thought we turned that off... It was on for Nevada. We'll turn it off.

Thanks for letting us know :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord