Progress?

Hello VEAO team.

I've been enjoying the Hawk EFM very much, and the only thing holding me back now is the state of the systems modelling, especially the fuel consumption and the bugs in the HSI.

I follow the happenings on the forums quite often and I know you guys are hard at work fixing the annoying gamebreaker-bugs.

Still, I feel many of us are waiting for further info and plans on what is to come. I know you probably won't or even can't give any specific times (I know how software development is... the estimate never holds when you say it out loud), but I would be interested in knowing what the plans are... In which order are you guys going to develop the aircraft and in what kind of chunks are you planning to update the Hawk? Is it like on the EFM that you try to do the whole systems modelling in one go from this point on, or are you going system by system slowly adding them to the model via updates?

All this would definitely make our waiting more interesting and the progress more easily followed.

Thank you very much for all the info you may spare us, and all the best for developing my favorite aircraft!

-MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Next up on the list is P-40F then likely Wildcat.

We can't discuss release dates as they have to be agreed with ED to fit in with everyone else's release schedules including ED's own aircraft.

No it's never a good idea to try and implement all systems at once so the programmers work on a specific system and implement that; hydraulics as an example.

That gets tested and then move onto the next system.

Having a base ASM helps with basic things like ADI, HSI, Etc.. As they're pretty much the same for every aircraft.

We have different teams working on different aircraft so communication is key in terms of lessons learnt on one aircraft that can go into the next and so on.

Also with updates and changes to the core sim these lessons are valuable to keep on top of the changes rather than fire fighting.

The issues we're currently experiencing with Hawk due to sim changes will obviously be resolved and included in the next module; weapons being a great example of this one.

Different aircraft have different effects with updates. As an example when ED changed the atmospheric system in core sim the P-40 couldn't breathe and the engine died.

That didn't affect the Hawk.

Stuff like that we obviously learn from and cater for it in the next aircraft.

Hope that answers your question,

Chris.