Adjustable radio menu size

MikeMikeJuliet

Now that the clickable radio menu is here I realised that the menu items could be larger. Then again as that is largely personal preference, my wish is to have a size-slider in the options menu for adjusting the radio menu item/font size. This should include the subtitles for radio as well. If possible, the color of the text items should be customisable as well.

This is one of those little things, but little things are often very important long term.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Now that the clickable radio menu is here I realised that the menu items could be larger. Then again as that is largely personal preference, my wish is to have a size-slider in the options menu for adjusting the radio menu item/font size. This should include the subtitles for radio as well. If possible, the color of the text items should be customisable as well.

This is one of those little things, but little things are often very important long term.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Great idea! As a 4K resolution user, I would love to have an option to get the comms messages and menus larger.

It is really hard to read sometimes.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I totally agree reading the letters/menus and the mission editor is extremely difficult with 4K monitors, this is really needed.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I haven't personally tried a 4K screen with DCS, but I can certainly understand the problem. Another thing is, if you use mouse for accessing the radio menu items, they are harder to hit the smaller they are. This naturally applies to any button/item size as per the fundamentals of interface/display design - the smaller the buttons are, the faster you can reach them from eachother, but the longer it takes for you to hit the diminishing area it provides; and the other way around, the larger they are, the more easy it is to hit the correct button, but traversal between them takes longer.

In addition to the visibility issue this is certainly something users should be able to tune for their own comfort.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

• 6 months later...

Yeah. Could we please have a way of changing the GUI scale? The microscopic text is just too much.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yeah. Could we please have a way of changing the GUI scale? The microscopic text is just too much.

I wanted that very much ever since I went to 1440p monitor. However, now that I am using a 4k monitor, it really is essential.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Was there ever a mod for enlarging text in 4k?

Edit : Ok, i found this : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=149832&highlight=4k+text

Edited by rajdary

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.