Sport's Populated Airfields v1

Hey guys,

I've been working on this off and on and am finally comfortable releasing the work I've done so far. Using VPC's Airfield Equipment Mod, I've populated several air bases in the Caucuses map. This will be an ongoing project with the goal of populating every airfield on the map. Eventually NATO equipment will be added as well.

You can find the VPC Airfield equipment mod HERE: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=180374

The following airfields have been populated:

Batumi

Beslan

Gudauta

Mozdok

Nalchik

Sochi

Sukumi

Also included are templates for an accurate SA-6 and S-300 surface to air missile battery, as dictated by Soviet/Russian standard TO&E. Source: https://fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm100-2-3.pdf

I hope you enjoy and welcome any feedback!

-Sport

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2598271/

Mozdok4.thumb.JPG.d876dfc3ef549f7bb166cd846787941c.JPG

138276286_S300Site2.thumb.JPG.4310d2ea3ec558dac2ce346d8eec8f27.JPG

Mozdok3.thumb.JPG.708d258a0503de442eeea04b17a60989.JPG

Nalchik1.thumb.JPG.06d2f633a0aa0f969a6513e7485b537b.JPG

Gudauta1.thumb.JPG.b590cf30aa357500efba465deff70c0d.JPG

Sochi1.thumb.JPG.738ebdd49262ddd73b094eaf5ebfbc05.JPG

• Like 2

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

nice

thank you very much

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

great idea, thank you!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Massive FPS loose because you are using real AI planes on bases with engines on. Try with static objects.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Massive FPS loose because you are using real AI planes on bases with engines on. Try with static objects.

Most of them are "uncontrolled" aircraft. By using them in groups like that, I can add and remove then more reliably and easier in mission creation. This is designed so people can add and remove static aircraft as they see fit for their own missions, but I appreciate the feedback. I'll be adjusting this over time to continuously improve it

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

Thanks Sport. The work is outstanding. I know that because i was too editing airbases with this mod and is a pain in the ass getting all in the right place.

From my experience, using static and mod airplanes are much more fps friendly.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

this is great, thx! now we need nato and civilian stuff to populate the rest of the map:D

The NATO stuff is on the way... mod should be updated in two weeks (:music_whistling:) and I'll get working on airbases shortly after that

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

• 2 weeks later...

Great work Sport.

What would be awesome is if we could have the aifields automatically populated once you pick sides.

So RED airfields get the russian gear and Blue gets NATO gear or whatever.

Cheers

SD

Edited by the_soupdragon

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

Great work Sport.

What would be awesome is if we could have the aifields automatically populated once you pick sides.

So RED airfields get the russian gear and Blue gets NATO gear or whatever.

Cheers

SD

That's an interesting idea... I suppose you could create different groups that activate/deactivate based on what units are spawned, but it would be server wide - so combined east/west ops wouldn't work so much.

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

• 2 months later...
So is this mainly useful for mission designers as a base template to not have to start from scratch every time ? Or rather for personal free flight sessions?

Both... Unfortunately, its incomplete as well since the mod hasn't been updated in quite some time now.

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

• 9 months later...