GreenWar - UH-1H mini-campaign on the NTTR

I'm currently working on a mini campaign for the UH-1H.

It will place you in the boots of a civilian pilot in Nevada.

Right now, only the first mission is complete and I'm working on the voice over for the second mission.

The first mission is still in "editing" mode : none of the triggers or units were hidden on the map for easy tweaking.

Just did a test flight. Really great work with the voice records and the whole atmoshpere. I like it so far. Keep on the good work.

I didn't even notice that it's text-to-speech :-o (but english is not my native language).

BTW, just a short question because I'm slightly stuck at the camp with the explosives. What do I have to do when I chosed the explosives with the F6 menu? Do I have to hover over the red smoke to load it (if so... then my nightmare came true - I never managed to load the water in the Crazy Horse campaign).

You have to select the explosives crate with the F6 menu, activate the autohook then hover over it (Should be between +/-15 and +/-30 feet IIRC) for 5 seconds (again IIRC) to activate the slingload.

While hovering within the proper parameters you should see a "hovering above cargo" then "cargo hooked" message in the upper right part of the screen.

You can also just land next to it (very close) and activate the hook and it will work.

I don't remember the default keybinds, all this is mapped to my joystick.

Yeah, text-to-speech softwares have come a long way since I've first used them 15 years ago.

Just curious (in case I'll also once try to create a mission). What software do you use for text-to-speech? Is it something open source or not?

Edit: Just noticed that there are some free online services with more or less good results ;-)

Edited by rge75

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi from France

I respawn this old post. Since the big update of NTTR some months ago, many parts of the protester camp are hidden under the ground or partially askew on the canyon side.

So i've edited the mission for myself to correct that.

But id' must correct other problems: The security team is not available in F7 menu, just the other infantry group is available. However i've verified that "transportable" is enabled and the waypoint one of the security team group is set as "embark for transport" in the advanced task menu.

You've nammed "infantry protester camp explosive" the group of soldiers running on the beach just beside the dam where is the blue car which you must land just beside. So after, in the trigger manager, you want that this same group discovers the explosive in the protesters camp. I don't see how they can discover the explosives since this isn't them you must embarking towards the protester camp. Perhaps they are very very good swimmers and climbers to go to the protesters camp.

After embarking soldiers at the security checkpoint, you ask to verify the construction site. When you're hovering above the construction site, you say that player can drop the cargo anywhere on the construction site. But which cargo are you talking about ?

I know, it's famous all around the world that us, french people, are not very familiar with foreign language but i've never read at this point of the mission, that the player must hook a cargo to drop it on the construction site.

After we go on the protester camp. The group "infantry protester camp explosive" must find the explosives. But remember, they're still running near the blue car, just on the beach under

Hoover dam.

For working properly:

-I've renamed the group of soldiers runnning on the beach near Hoover Dam

-At the security checkpoint, i'm embarking the only group available for embarking in the F7 menu

-After landing at the protesters camp, i disembark the group i've embarked before. On the marker 4 switching on "true" you've created, i've enabled a new group called "infantry protester camp explosive" just at the same place ( not visible before being activated). In the same way, i disable the group i've just disembarking . Don't forget to correct altitude in the trigger, after the NTTR update, to make marker 4 true. I've chosen, for marker 4 on true, to land the Huey ( Vz=0, Vi=0, altitude below 800 ft at the point i've placed protesters camp) and, of course, in a land zone i've created around the protesters camp.

-In this way, they find the explosives and send the message about explosives.

After i've hooked the explosives, i've not really understood: Must i transport the explosives on the blue car beach near Hoover dam ( a wooden pallet full of explosives hooked under an helicopter, is it really safe near a big dam ?) or must i transport explosives towards Boulder city airport ?

Thanks

I edit this post to add something i've forgotten to say previously: Since ED has updated NTTR, the airport of Boulder became more complete than before. So, of course, i've erased all objects and the heliport you'd put at Boulder City Airport on previous version of NTTR, to make it credible.

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

• 4 weeks later...