Sound modding

c0ff

How do I alter the beginners guide example from a single turbine engine to twin radials using, for example, the Wright Cyclone sounds?

Edit:
Found the engine type and name parameters for the lua by referring to the YAK and Mosquito luas.

Edited by No1sonuk

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2020 at 3:27 PM, c0ff said:

It is possible that Heatblur guys have the length fixed in their code. Or it is defined by the length of the simulated process. That's a question to them.

Speech.sdef does not reference any wave files. Sdef is a 'source definition', it just sets up the default playback params for the virtual audio source. Most of these params may be overridden by the code.

In the case of Speech, the playlist is constructed in the code (in the lua scripts, actually). These speech-related scripts do not support usermods ATM, and never supported them directly. This is a registered feature request, if you are interested.

How can we raise the profile of this? I'd like to add new pilot voices (female) and callsigns. 

• 7 months later...

I see someone mentioned eagle dynamics provided us with a text file containing folder structures for use with soundmods. Could someone please help me and point me to the whereabouts of this text file with sound folder structures? Thanks for help.

29 minutes ago, Bob1 said:

I see someone mentioned eagle dynamics provided us with a text file containing folder structures for use with soundmods. Could someone please help me and point me to the whereabouts of this text file with sound folder structures? Thanks for help.

On my system it's here:
D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Doc\Sounds

• Thanks 1

Is not possible anymore, to change the gun sound for the F16C ??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

• 4 months later...

Guys,

I am struggling here.

I am trying to add a air rushing sound to my mod to come on when the airbrakes are deployed.

I am looking for the same type of sound like is heard on the landing gear when deployed.

I am just not sure what lua files to modify to achieve this.

sig1b.jpg

• 1 month later...