SU-25 What a Frog

monotwix

I’m trying to analyse the current situation for SU-25T…

It is capable and enjoyable plane to operate, it has AFM and the array of weapons for many tasks, CAS, SEAD Air to Air, you name it…

however it appears to have one major disadvantage which has to do with locating the targets.

So I understand that in order to obtain a precise unit targeting one has to press F10,

in the case FOW which is there to simulate a realistic element of combat, F10 blows it strait out of proportion.

Another way is to establish a contact with other players but that only works when people are paying attention to chat or are using ST which isn’t always the case on public servers,

even in the Single Player missions when your wingman dies the whole targeting system goes with it.

What I’m trying to achieve is to create MP mission with realistic and clean operational structure for all flights.

Firstly, I’ve decided to divide all the hardware between the coalitions so that it can be IFF identified visually

I.e only NATO units are blue and only Russian or CIS are red, for example, this situation crates an environment where you see a shape of a unit or a plane, you take it out, no questions asked.

Close Air Support tasks for SU-25T with moving targets and evolving assignments?

SU-25T tasks that don’t create practices of suicide or fratricide have yet to be invented IMO.

Any other ideas?

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

Well, if the server has Slmod, it will have the coordinate conversion utility. A Su-25T player can type in a MGRS or Lat/Lon coordinate, and the Slmod coordinate conversion utility will convert it into bearing and range from his aircraft. So in this way, the Su-25 player can utilize given target coordinates to find targets without having to use the F10 map; however, chat messages have to be used... but at least you can type a chat message while still seeing where you are going.

Once he's in the neighborhood, if there are A-10s or Ka-50s around, they could mark targets with smoke.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Thanks for that, I will explore that option.

At this point I imagine a very likely scenario where two Ground Force Commanders may operate at close proximity and fire smoke at each other, SU-25 Pilot might think what the hell, I’ll take them both out.

In this case I suppose it would be up to the Ground Force Commanders to direct CAS precisely.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.