Anyone who fly with GTX980 + 344.16 driver?

Go2thev

Hi Go2thev,

I've been looking at this this morning.

I was getting terrible stutter and real fps problems with the latest Nvidia driver last night. Especially when looking down into the cockpit.

I've done a bit of reading and just rolled back to V335.23. People saying there was some new aspect introduced into the driver after this version they are not happy is working as best it could be.

I now get a steady 60 fps when looking down in the cockpit and its far smoother.

Maybe this work for you?

Good luck.

Well i have 980gtx but i am waiting for edge. so i dont know the preformance right now

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

I have a GTX 980 with that driver as well. No big issues in DCS + MiG-21 apart from having only marginal performance gain compared to my previous GTX 570 ( I guess that's mostly a CPU bottleneck in my case though ). I'm having small issues in another game ( Assetto Corsa ) which I didn't have before, so maybe driver updates will solve a few problems. Other games are all running perfectly fine.

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5

I have a GTX 980 with that driver as well. No big issues in DCS + MiG-21 apart from having only marginal performance gain compared to my previous GTX 570 ( I guess that's mostly a CPU bottleneck in my case though ). I'm having small issues in another game ( Assetto Corsa ) which I didn't have before, so maybe driver updates will solve a few problems. Other games are all running perfectly fine.

What cpu are you running?? I too also have the gtx980 and i dont see any issues with the mig21 or Assetto Corsa...

What cpu are you running?? I too also have the gtx980 and i dont see any issues with the mig21 or Assetto Corsa...

I have an i7 930 @ 4Ghz. Since DCS is very CPU-intensive that could be the cause. Same thing with City Car Driving. Other games run just fine.

My issue with Assetto Corsa is jittering of the scenario, nothing related to performance. Exactly what this guy has: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLxh_moctME

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5

no issues here with this drivers and GTX 770

im waiting for the Asus GTX 970 strix this week so test and see!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Actually, I don't think my system is some kind of unique or special. (I4770K , Gskill 16GB, GTX980, Asrock Extream 4)

But even after HDD format with indows 8.1 64 bit and only install the DCS world + Mig 21 cause the issue. (No response with little HUD loading screen).

I think my issue is related to activation. but don't know exactly. Hmm.. and very weird thing is when I uncheck MIG-21 in the module manager, this symptom has gone. and happen again when I check on Mig-21

By the way... I only have 1 limit of activation due to multiple reinstall and format HDD to troubleshoot. :-(

Not quite the same but I have the 970 with the 344.16 drivers and have had no issues at all.

Me too, the only problems I had were heavy reload stuttering in the openbeta of 1.2.10 Update 3, but I ran that off my HDD RAID 1 instead of my SSD. But my main install is on a real drive and runs without problems, except the known TFCSE 1.2.4+ issues (heavy fps drop while firing lots of rockets, cluster ammo, long minigun bursts and similar).

General hint: Playing games or flying sims in 2014 without SSD is not recommended anyway :D

Get a Crucial MX100 512GB for like ~200 $ / 180 € if you're still running HDD only, best bang for the buck ATM ;)

Win 7 64 Pro

Gigabyte GA Z77-D3H (BIOS v.23b)

Intel i5 3570k

MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G (344.16)

Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB CL8 DDR3-1600

Corsair Force GT SSDs 120GB (Win) + 240GB (Games/Sims) on an ASUS U3S6 PCIe x4 controller card

SB X-Fi Elite Pro (drivers dated 05 May 2010, ver 6.0.1.1375)

VIA HD onboard audio (drivers dated 04 Aug 2010, ver 6.0.1.8700)

MS FFB2 + Simped Vario Pro + Precision 2 + Precision Pro (latter 2 just for sliders) - FFB2 is joy1, Precision Pro is the first one in my device list + Dual Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant

TrackIR 4 + 5.1.3 software

Textures high

Scenes high

Civ Traffic off

Water high

Visib Range high

Heat Blr on

Shadows high

Resolution 1920x1200

Aspect Ratio 16:10

Monitors 1 Screen

Res. of cockpit displays 512 every frame

MSAA off

HDR normal

Clutters/bushes 0

Trees visiblity 6000

Preload radius 150000

Cockpit shadows ticked

Mirrors off

4x AF, no AA

no mods, no tweaks, completely fresh install done at 1.2.10.32095

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

. I only have 1 limit of activation due to multiple reinstall and format HDD to troubleshoot. :-(

When doing reinstalls etc, don't forget to deactivate your existing install first. This will preserve your activation keys.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER