NS430 being charged for different modules?

BlazingTrigger

• ED Team
Don't let the negativity and misinterpretation ruin you guys' day

I am more worried about you guys, there are a handful of grumpy people giving off ideas that just arent true. I want to make sure you guys have all the right info, so you can make well-informed decisions on whether the NS430 is for you or not. And what you get if you already owned it, and what you need if you dont, ect.

If you had the NS430 before, update your game, and go into the Special tab under settings and see all the aircraft you can enable it for in 2D, you are certainly getting more for your initial purchase.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Funny though that those that did purchase previously do get the 2D version for all other aircraft without advanced nav systems free.

Guys, building 3D models, then integrating these into the existing cockpits, and systems are not as easy as it might seem, and while ED is charging for this bit of work, there is a lot of stuff that goes into DCS that isn't charged for. It all balances out.

My perspective. The 3D model has already been made. The coding for it has also been made. Only new thing that has to be done is to place 3D model inside the cockpit model and hook the power up.

The ease of integration is up to ED who built the core engine. If a stand-alone GPS it is hard to integrate, maybe DCS needs a bit of rework in this area? In my world that sounds like we customers are paying ED because their code or structure of implementing things are not efficient enough.

I cannot see into the future, and this might be a success. Heck, I might even get it down the road ;) But In my mind the right decision would have been to up the price a little bit but have a working 3D model inside all aircrafts. Maybe even let the players choose placement. That sounds like a really good module/addon.

• ED Team
My perspective. The 3D model has already been made. The coding for it has also been made. Only new thing that has to be done is to place 3D model inside the cockpit model and hook the power up.

The ease of integration is up to ED who built the core engine. If a stand-alone GPS it is hard to integrate, maybe DCS needs a bit of rework in this area? In my world that sounds like we customers are paying ED because their code or structure of implementing things are not efficient enough.

I cannot see into the future, and this might be a success. Heck, I might even get it down the road ;) But In my mind the right decision would have been to up the price a little bit but have a working 3D model inside all aircrafts. Maybe even let the players choose placement. That sounds like a really good module/addon.

I suppose there is a number of ways they could have gone, with this route, they aren't committed to adding any more, and there is no pressure on them right now. If they charged more, and everyone expected them to add more for the price, it would be a little different. And we love bundles, so maybe future bundles of all these.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Although I don't see the reason to use any big words, I have to say that I was also under the impression that the NS430 would be offered to other modules for free. Maybe I was wrong or misinterpreted something, that happens.

As to how this makes me feel, on one hand, the price I would have to pay for integrating it into my Albatros is negligable. On the other hand, I have paid really good money in total for the various modules that I have (incl. the Mi-8 and NS430), and having to pay something (no matter how small an amount) again to put something I already own into another module that I also own does leave a slightly bitter taste in my mouth.

Not to mention that it's quite confusing...

All in all I think it's bad PR at least. It makes something positive into something that can be perceived as negative.

On the other hand, we will probably get over it. *shrug*

Edited by Zius

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

• ED Team

But you do know that even without buying the 3D bits for the L-39C, you will have the 2D available to you right now for the L-39C and ZA.

Although I don't see the reason to use any big words, I have to say that I was also under the impression that the NS430 would be offered to other modules for free. Maybe I was wrong or misinterpreted something, that happens.

As to how this makes me feel, on one hand, the price I would have to pay for integrating it into my Albatros is negligable. On the other hand, I have paid really good money in total for the various modules that I have (incl. the Mi-8 and NS430), and having to pay something (no matter how small an amount) again to put something I already own into another module that I also own does leave a slightly bitter taste in my mouth.

Not to mention that it's quite confusing...

All in all I think it's bad PR at least. It makes something positive into something that can be perceived as negative.

On the other hand, we will probably get over it. *shrug*

64Sig.png

5.99 USD is pricey? and it's only available for 2 right now, so 12 bucks? Should be time to save up for future releases, no? I mean ED can't do everything for free either, that is ok to say isnt it?

I meant all modules, not two. But yeah, it kinda is.

But not a biggie, the problem is when you fly 10 modules and you want the 3D model in all of them. You know?

• ED Team
I meant all modules, not two. But yeah, it kinda is.

But not a biggie, the problem is when you fly 10 modules and you want the 3D model in all of them. You know?

Yeah, like having the available developer to build and code in these integrated units into the sim, they all want to be paid too.

64Sig.png

NS430 being charged for different modules?

Yeah, like having the available developer to build and code in these integrated units into the sim, they all want to be paid too.

Why so much sarcasm though?

Also ED worked on the 2.5 for two years ish and it was a free update. So you're saying they can't implement a GPS model into the modules?

Anyway... just my two cents.

Edited by Vitormouraa

• ED Team
Why so much sarcasm though?

Also ED worked on the 2.5 for two years ish and it was a free update. So you're saying they can't implement a GPS model into the modules?

Anyway... just my two cents.

Not sarcasm, its fact, ED cant give everything away free, the modules are what keeps the core free, these are modules.

64Sig.png

To me there's no problem at all. Maybe my only concern Can Be that I have to buy also the 2d version even if I play only VR and Will never use It. But maybe It is necessary to have the 3d versions working. I'm interested in l-39 3d only, since l-39 is used also by non military pilots IRL and some of them use a GPS. I'm not interested in GPS for all modules and I Will never buy It for a ww2 plane (even if the 2d version Can Be used in ww2 modules): with a ww2 plane I want to navigate by map, clock and Compass, like in ww2 times! With the only exception maybe for tf-51 that Can Be seen as an old plane that you fly today for airshow purposes. A NS430 for the yak-52 Can Be interesting too. But a civilian GPS for the f-5, for example, does not respond to my taste: it's a military jet and I Can use tacan to navigate, why should I have a civilian GPS?

Edited by nessuno0505

I have to agree with Smudge here, the wording used to promote the NS430 was ambiguous at the least and I certainly thought I was buying one module that would eventually be available with other aircraft. Phrasing like "starting with the mi8" certainly made me believe that the module I was purchasing was being developed to work with other aircraft not that new modules where being developed separately. I assumed the reason I was reading comments like "so far only for the mi8 and "may only be for mi8" were technical limitations that might prevent development for other aircraft, they were hardly solid denials.

Edited by launchedsquid

Just remove the IC check that prevents us to build our own Addons for Airplanes. Then we can integrate the NS4 into other planes ourselfs and free up your devtime.

side note:

"NS 430 for the L-39 and Pop-up Window" you might add the "C" to "L-39" in the shop to avoid further confusion.

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

I‘ll just throw my 5 cents on the table here.

Been a (mostly) happy customer since 2010 now, and I literally own everything there is to be owned in DCS, but this is where I draw the line.

If this payment model for functionality like the NS430 is the way we are headed, my support for ED ceases right here. I really don‘t care to worry about whether I want a 2D or a 3D-Version of this instrument or not, and have to pay for it in every new module. Especially so as this looks very much like a test balloon for a modified business model.

This is how you destroy the simplicity and beauty of modules in DCS IMHO... (although I still appreciate the many concessions made by ED in the past)

Ask a higher price from the start or do whatever you feel is necessary, but don‘t sell me this NS430-voodoo module which I initially hoped would be more broadly available for 15$ - be more "up front" with your plans from the start. Otherwise, this is where I check out. This sucks ever so slighty...

(And please don‘t give me any stuff like „don‘t buy it if you don‘t like it“, „you got x and y for free instead“ and all this complacent talk)

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Especially so as this looks very much like a test balloon for a modified business model.

This is how you destroy the simplicity and beauty of modules in DCS IMHO...

I think that is a very important point. I personally would not agree with you on that, but i understand, that you could see it that way.

I think, that many people that are so very upset about this really minor module, are subconsciously afraid, that this will change the dcs ecosystem or maybe introduce microtransaction for working cockpit gauges or sth.

You can see a similar dynamic with the upcoming MAC module, where people are upset about sth. that's just not that big of a deal, if you don't interpolate from it...

When i came to dcs, i was really pleased with how the ecosystems work compared to other GA flight sims, where it can quickly becomes a) super expensive and b) a total mess with different addons stacked upon each other.

Since back then, dcs has gaines multiple terrains, an "asset pack" and now "modules for modules" with the 430.

So, yes... the ecosystem lost some of it's charming simplicity and the dcs experience got way more expensice - if you want it all, that is.

But isn't that just the price to pay for a dcs experience, that is so much more sophisticated than f.e. version 1.4, which was my first dcs version (especially since when all the 2.5.x bugs are finally ironed out;) ).

So, if you want to look at the ns430 and communication related to it as an evil cash grab, you will always find sth. to suit your cause.

And maybe the people that are complaining are also just a little bit angry about themselfes for buying sth. out of hype, without verifying that they will get, what they are expecting;

See, i was interested in the module since its release, but i did not buy it, since for me - not a native english speaker - it seemed unlikely, that it would come to more models free of charge.

(i must admit, that i see how people could assume it would come to the l-39, because of the leaks, but then there were statements from ED, that it would not; so this was really unlucky, maybe even "bad communication", but i can't see any deceptive practices in it. And from my understanding, the owners of the module will get the 2d-overlay versions for all aircrafts. Sure this is way less interesting than the 3d version, but it's kind of a "bonus" i guess, since it was not promised - not even mentioned - in the original sales pitch.)

Edited by twistking

the owners of the module will get the 2d-overlay versions for all aircrafts. Sure this is way less interesting than the 3d version, but it's kind of a "bonus" i guess, since it was not promised - not even mentioned - in the original sales pitch.)

So they paid for an early access product with One function (mi-8 avionics upgrade), and now they have the same product they have paid for PLUS a core pop-up windowed version for all the aircrafts. I can't se problems at all. What I see is that the product is still early access, so nothing more than What It offers now is assured with its purchase.

Tell Mercedes Benz you want the tinted windows life forever in every model purchased...

They need pay the personal team. That’s it and is understandable

They are doing an awesome job with the huge of constant updates and fixes. This is time spending in our Sim.

If you want free stuff leave this community/simulator.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As a consumer I have the choice to decide how I spend my money, if you don't want to spend more then don't, if you feel misled then don't panic there clearly was nothing done wrong, if you want it and you can afford it then off you go, no one intended on upsetting or offending anyone from what I can see and yet so much talk about business models etc.. c'mon guys, relax.

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

If this payment model for functionality like the NS430 is the way we are headed, my support for ED ceases right here. I really don‘t care to worry about whether I want a 2D or a 3D-Version of this instrument or not, and have to pay for it in every new module. Especially so as this looks very much like a test balloon for a modified business model.

This is how you destroy the simplicity and beauty of modules in DCS IMHO... (although I still appreciate the many concessions made by ED in the past)

Ask a higher price from the start or do whatever you feel is necessary, but don‘t sell me this NS430-voodoo module which I initially hoped would be more broadly available for 15$ - be more "up front" with your plans from the start.

I agree with this.

You *could* think about a great deal of "optional" sub-systems, which could be paid for. For example, a R-73 + HMS. It would, in fact, be awesome for the MiG-21. And possibly also for the Albatros. I would, in fact, also be willing to pay money for it.

But, this does make life a lot more complicated, especially since the possibilities are near endless. But then we'll end up with a huge amount of modules and sub-modules, which, besides making the total quite expensive, also makes everything very complex.

Finally, regarding costs, yes, we do get a lot of updates and new content for "free", but don't forget that the cost of a single aircraft here is similar to the price of a full AAA game.

If, for instance, the R-73 + HMS would not be a separate module, but instead a free upgrade to the MiG-21, this would possibly draw new people to that aircraft. Same for the NS430, this could draw in people who are afraid of the standard navigation system of the Mi-8 / Albatros.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3