L-39 arrived?

ebabil

I see on my dlc manager, i have following installed:

Ns-430 System

Ns-430 for mi-8

and on available dlc page:

Ns-430 for L-39

since i don't have l-39, can't confirm

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

There is a new general pop up module and 2 specific (Mi8 and L39).

I bought it when it released and have now the Mi8 and the general version. Would have to buy the L39 version but as it's crappy in VR and the popup isnt working in VR, it's a nogo for me.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

uh-1 specific mode would have been better instead flat mode. but it better than nothing

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

uh-1 specific mode would have been better instead flat mode. but it better than nothing

maybe WIP!? :music_whistling:

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Would have to buy the L39 version but as it's crappy in VR...

What do you mean by "crappy"? Is it at least comparable with x-plane 11 analogue device in VR? 14,99 aren't so much money, but since I've already bought combined arms to find out later it is not VR optimized, and I'd buy NS 430 almost only for L-39 in VR, it's better to know it before purchase...

Maybe it will be developed in the future (but there's not much free space on the uh-1 cockpit to have a free room for NS 430 without sacrificing one of the present instruments, so it have to be studied well)

P.S. Is NS 430 3d integrated in l-39 only in the backseat??

Edited by nessuno0505

and it says "garmin"?

Youtube

The unit is only available in the front cockpit. As noted in the product description.

----

I also "Garminized" my module but I failed to change the startup pages (where we should see the Garmin logo). The .png I saved are not loaded correctly (blank screen instead) - so I would assume it might be hardcoded? Or did someone manage to change those pages?

(location: …\Mods\aircraft\NS430\Cockpit\Scripts\avionics)

92f6c1496a560bfae5e66de85b6eb423.jpg

7b28fd43e60218f8a044b31e29e78b39.jpg

I wish we had a proper cover for the back of the unit as it's wildly protruding between the back of the dashboard and the windshield.

But to my understanding it's how it's implemented as the 3D model (and GPS unit) is just mounted in the L-39 without altering any 3D model. Still looks a bit weird.

Also, the GPS is not visible on the L-39 exterior model as the gunsight is still installed on the exterior 3D model. (I'm not sure if it's a bug or a simplified implementation for this option, as the L-39C was not initially planned without a gunsight)

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

It is clear to me that the product itself is the 2d version. The cockpit integration Can Be seen as a pay upgrade of the single compatible modules, with some obvious limitations (it's a civilian GPS, we can't assume to use It in military operations)

P.S.

attachment.php?attachmentid=168799&d=1504788699

So where does this Image come from? This seems to Be the backseat!

Edited by nessuno0505

It's probably an old picture from an internal test a while back. The bezel is overlapping the lights.

Also, a GPS unit is a rather complex instrument (even a "simple" GNS 430), with lots of coding behind it.

It can certainly be used as a navigation aid, study instrument, and just to fly around and practice basic and advanced navigation skills in a trainer such as the L-39C.

I would have enjoyed it in the ZA for its terrain avoidance capabilities though. Or expanded instruction options.

DSC09342.JPG

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Garminized harder :music_whistling:

36a1d07172b70d901275e3c49b06d339.jpg

b5a948f1ee9b8228f684213fc35a1b75.jpg

It's just some fancy startup pages but at least it looks more immersive (and it's pixel perfect, thanks to the native resolution used by the NS430).

Unfortunately I can't share this as a mod as I extracted the pages from a payware plugin for X-Plane.

I bought it when it released and have now the Mi8 and the general version. Would have to buy the L39 version but as it's crappy in VR and the popup isnt working in VR, it's a nogo for me.

Same for me. Bought at full price the NS430 when it was released and, today, I have to pay again 6 USD to get it into the L-39C ?