F18 Keybinds after 07/18/18 Update

=4c=Nikola

I will report back once I am home and try it. I've always been able to backup and load it this way each update. Unless something major changed which sounds like the case.

Several people in the forums have updated and not been able to load the old Lua files.

Might want to wait or plan on rebinding what's missing.

i7 2600k @ 4.4 / GTX 470 1.3gb / 8GB DDR3 1600 / TM Warthog #7440 / Toshiba 37" 1080p / OCZ Vertex3 SSD 128GB / Win7-64 / TIR4

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several people in the forums have updated and not been able to load the old Lua files.

Might want to wait or plan on rebinding what's missing.

In that case I'd rather wipe out all bindings in my f18 module and go off of Chuck's guide again if rebinding is necessary.

I used a mix of wags warthog profile with some additional bindings to make things easier for myself.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Lost some axis, stick and keyboard mappings as well. Quite inconvenient...

But I made a backup of my Config\Input folder before launching the first time.

You just overwrote the new files with the backup? I tried that, and tried loading via the in-game context. Did not work, so I remapped everything.

3800X, X570, 32GB 3600, RTX 2080Ti, SSD, Odyssey+ VR

I just remapped my HOTAS. No big deal. It kept the Axis and both MFDs.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

I thought u had to back up inputs from both saved games folder and the game drive under config\inputs. I backed mine up like that but it shouldn't be a big deal having to redo them if that don't work. I went home from work to start the download and came back like I wasn''t even gone.

You just overwrote the new files with the backup? I tried that, and tried loading via the in-game context. Did not work, so I remapped everything.

I just made the backup so I won't have to remap again when ED fixes this rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I thought u had to back up inputs from both saved games folder and the game drive under config\inputs. I backed mine up like that but it shouldn't be a big deal having to redo them if that don't work. I went home from work to start the download and came back like I wasn''t even gone.

Checked the config folder in the game folder and it seems to be mostly default settings.

The other thing is that If i rebind the keys, for example the nosewheel steering button its added to the users saved games folder lua file. However copying the old lua into the new one, copy/paste, and loading profiles does nothing.

Like I said its not a big deal but its something i'm sure they either want to be aware of or say something like all keys have to be redone with this patch.

Well to be fair, my flaps and gear still work on the joystick.

Can someone check if the flaps and gear info is in the new lua file? overwrote mine.

Something odd i noticed. If i copy the old lua's over to the config folder almost all of the commands dont show up in bindings, the flaps and gear still do.

Edited by Mosley
More Info

i7 2600k @ 4.4 / GTX 470 1.3gb / 8GB DDR3 1600 / TM Warthog #7440 / Toshiba 37" 1080p / OCZ Vertex3 SSD 128GB / Win7-64 / TIR4

Checked the config folder in the game folder and it seems to be mostly default settings.

The other thing is that If i rebind the keys, for example the nosewheel steering button its added to the users saved games folder lua file. However copying the old lua into the new one, copy/paste, and loading profiles does nothing.

Like I said its not a big deal but its something i'm sure they either want to be aware of or say something like all keys have to be redone with this patch.

Well to be fair, my flaps and gear still work on the joystick.

Can someone check if the flaps and gear info is in the new lua file? overwrote mine.

Something odd i noticed. If i copy the old lua's over to the config folder almost all of the commands dont show up in bindings, the flaps and gear still do.

Same for me. I even saved a new one then copied the old info in and it didn't work. I've been trying to see how I can copy it to fix it since I'm at work and have nothing else to do :) I'll rebind when I get home if I can't figure it out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

same here ..loading old files does nada..

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After rebinding are the changed actually being saved?

When I was messing with it earlier I binded the nws button. It was added to the Lua file. I think checked the syntax of the nws section and it was the same as the old Lua.

Didn't take long to download the update but installing it is taking longer. Going to check the bindings soon. I'll probably just rebind everything anyway. I have been meaning to rebind my radar slew to axis so I guess now will be the time.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Issue is not universal, as my custom device settings all transferred following Upgrade 7.

What do you mean by custom device settings? Just curious.

Edited by Mosley
Lol customer instead of custom

Ok so looks like the only bindings that remained as before after the update are my engine crank switches, wheel brake left and right, rudder and pitch + roll axis. Also flaps remained the same. Fcs bit button, and landing gear also remained the same. Everything on the stick I have to rebind.

I reported same problem here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3569828#post3569828

Btw, I've done it all again.

Why I always backup the the diff.lua files myself. Been burned before.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I ended up rebinding things again. Didn't try loading my old lua profiles though.

I wonder, is there a way to save your setup in the options window? I don't remember seeing one..... I'll likely update anyway

You can choose « Save Profile as » for you gears, i often do it for my Jostick, my throttle, my keybaord and my rudder, specialy after adding or changing stuff, plus, i take my config/input folder in my Saved Game folder of DCS and i copy them in a different folder as backup, better do more than being sorry. Been doing thisd for a few years, you never know what can happens, savec my ass quite a few times. So when you loose your settings, or when you get another DCS verison you can start by trying to simply copy the input folder in config, or if not working, simply « Load profile » in DCS/control settings.

So let's see if it does work for this patch later when i download it.

I was about to update and saw this... if you update and rebind all the key does it save? I haven't read through the 8 pages.... yet

Yes, it saves...

Also, just as someone already mentioned - I would not backup controls settings and then load them up on a new version. While it may work, it may also mean that something in controls changed and there is a need for a total reset - this is alpha, not even beta, version of the module so everything is subject to change... It took me 5 minutes tops to reconfigure Warthog throttle and joystick; if you have problem remembering where you mapped your buttons, maybe it is time to rethink your mapping or what is being mapped.

Yes, it saves...

Also, just as someone already mentioned - I would not backup controls settings and then load them up on a new version. While it may work, it may also mean that something in controls changed and there is a need for a total reset - this is alpha, not even beta, version of the module so everything is subject to change... It took me 5 minutes tops to reconfigure Warthog throttle and joystick; if you have problem remembering where you mapped your buttons, maybe it is time to rethink your mapping or what is being mapped.

All the more reason we need an official response to this