F18 Keybinds after 07/18/18 Update

=4c=Nikola

This cd38 to cd13 worked for my machine also.

Antec P280 | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus 7 | i7 8086K @ 4.9Ghz on Thermaltake 240mm CLC | 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 @ 2400Mhz | Asus Strix Vega 64 8GB | Asus Strix XG35VQ w/ FreeSync

Samsung 960EVO NVMe for DCS and Windows 10 w/ other storage for stuff

TrackIR 5, TM WH Stick + Throttle + TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you're joystick doesn't have a program? It is a problem with ED. They always assign axis to empty USB devices that cause erratic behavior. And they don't make it very easy to adopt multiple planes. I would live a hierarchical design where you can tell every fixed wing use XYZ for joy/rudder/throttle and do the aircraft specific assignments within the aircraft.

It's an annoyance, but as more and more planes/choppers are released, it's going to get messier.

I was looking at the general section under the controller options the other day and was thinking, what is this for? It would be good if I set my Axis, fire button, bomb release, Modifier button etc here. That this would then become the default Axis and buttons to bind onto any new aircraft added.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Bindings reset to default

So I just jumped in the Hornet after having a break for maybe a week or two. I started an instant action free flight to test my memory usage since I recently reduced my page file and noticed DCS crashed when I tried to join multiplayer. My weapons wouldn't fire which I though was strange and noticed all my bindings are reset to the default. What? Why? How? Was this due to some update? I flew the Viggen yesterday but I doubt they were reset out of jealousy. I did also fiddle with SRS as there was an update, extracted files to my SRS folder in the DCS folder. I also replaced the script file in Saved Games as advised when updating SRS.

Kind of a disappointment

I was looking at the general section under the controller options the other day and was thinking, what is this for? It would be good if I set my Axis, fire button, bomb release, Modifier button etc here. That this would then become the default Axis and buttons to bind onto any new aircraft added.

DCS Configuration Manger does this and more quite nicely by using a chosen configuration.

I thought that's how it worked too. When I tested it, it didn't do what I thought it would do. I do recall someone telling me why it was there, but I can't remember what it was for.

DCS Configuration Manger does this and more quite nicely by using a chosen configuration.

I *thought* that's how the tool worked, but I couldn't figure out how to specify the different configs.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Think I found a solution.

Short answer is a text replace of

cd38

with

cd13

inside your joystick and throttle's diff.lua file (%userprofile%\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\FA-18C_hornet or %userprofile%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\FA-18C_hornet)

More details to follow...

Edit with details:

The problem is inside of DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\devices.lua, devices["HOTAS"] was assigned twice, probably a copy+paste error by a developer. The latter assignment overwrote the former, so the HOTAS was assigned the internal device ID of 38. In the new version of the file, the second one was removed (probably when someone added the NVG device and noticed that the cockpit device).

https://i.imgur.com/cGaJnTh.png

So anything assigned to the HOTAS with the old version of DCS would be assigned to cd38 ("cockpit device 38"). This also had the effect of changing other device IDs. So if there was anything assigned to devices 39 and higher, the .diff.lua profiles need to be updated to match the new device ids.

And to add... it would have made much more sense to just use device 13 for the new NVGs. Then backwards compatibility would have been maintained, there would have been no unused device id, and NVG support would still work.

thx for that, however my crosswind pedals still don't work and tehre is no such ID.

I am trying to understand this thread.

187 posts regarding an alpha software change that can be dealt with in 10 minutes tops by simply remapping.

Does that mean I should be looking in my DCS World Open.Alpha folder for files to modify?

Edited by Alphamale

I am trying to understand this thread.

187 posts regarding an alpha software change that can be dealt with in 10 minutes tops by simply remapping.

I think that maybe most people were not expecting this change, and like myself, my key bindings were still work in progress. I did NOT keep a log of the changes I made to date, so I dont recall specifically what I changed, and I honestly dont know of any simple methods to find out?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Still there for me at least. Running the TM WH.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Do I oversee something or is the TDC Axis mapping gone now?

I can't get it to work either, I can't even use the keyboard for the TDC so I have no control over the radar. I haven't used the TDC before so I can't say if my problem is related to the update but it seems really weird. Somebody got a clue?

Edit: Turned out it was nothing wrong with the TDC axis controls (nor the TDC keyboard commands either). I just hadn't designated the sensor... Doh!

Edited by frosen

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

I believe it's under target designator controller slew vertical and horizontal. Not the binding that is labeled TDC. It's working fine for me and I have it mapped to the slew stick on the warthog.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz