[FIXED] AJS-37 Viggen Crash to desktop

will-

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, after all this updates, and hot fixes i have tried beta and stable versions and i still get crashes like after every 2nd flight...

What gives? Is it me? or you are in same position as well?

Even training missions in stable version are crashing :(

We cannot replicate this internally. We're unsure as to the cause presently and are investigating why the released builds are behaving erratically.

Hope that you can smash this one. I cannot do more for the time beeing than saying I'm looking forward and I would love to have this beasty bug smashed when I come back from holiday, because then I will start a small LAN party with DCS. :thumbup: In any case I will follow the forum as good as possible.

Good hunting guys, you're gonna make it, I know this for sure :thumbup:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

We cannot replicate this internally. We're unsure as to the cause presently and are investigating why the released builds are behaving erratically.

I believe this problem appears when deploying any kind of weapon in the first mission. If I just take a free flight without using any weapons, I can restart the mission. But if I deploy any weapon, restarting the mission will freeze or crash DCS.

If you can consistently replicate the issue, try removing all radars in the mission and see if you get the crash then. Btw, thanks for helping out guys. I am really sorry about this issue. Am trying to narrow down issues and I am right investigating two potential candidates: one when you crash and die instantly (ie you you crash hard into the ground) and one related to when ELINT-data is written to file (where the CTD might happen at the actual time of ELINT-export).

Edited by RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

I am getting constant crashes without any radar in them with a cleaned up and repaired install and deleted fxo and metashader folder. This is furthermore in my case not linked to crashing/dying etc.

Wish you guys best luck to get this one ;-)

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

Do you guys have any emitting radars in your missions? Anything that makes the RWR beep?

I get the crash even without any emitting radars in the mission.

The crash happens when loading mission a second time.

I can replicate that every time.

I just made a simple mission starting in the air and landing on Kobuleti without any enemies and did not fire any weapon.

Here is what i found out:

If I don´t touch the radar(just left it at Nav) I could start the mission again without CTD.

But if I set it to Land Nav it CTD when trying the same mission again.

If I can do any other tests I am happy to assist, just tell me :)

Best regards,

M

Can confirm the crash from being in Landing Nav mode.

Nothing but a Viggen in mission. Took of and landed in just NAV mode and was able to reload and fly again. Took off and landed in Landing Nav mode and CTD after reloading and selecting Viggen.

Edit: Put a single radar using F-15 in the mission, did not use Landing Nav mode, landed and got CTD on reload.

Edited by Voodoo109

2018-07-07 17:47:40.263 INFO    EDCORE: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin\CockpitBase.dll
2018-07-07 17:47:40.264 INFO    EDCORE: # C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 6FF9F35E 00:00000000

2018-07-07 17:47:40.267 INFO    EDCORE: 00000000 00000000 0000:00000000 
2018-07-07 17:47:40.274 INFO    EDCORE: 6FF9F35E 76AFD110 0000:00000000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin\CockpitBase.dll ?self_render@ceSimpleLineObject@cockpit@@MEAAXAEAVRenderParser@Graphics@@@Z()+2E

It seems a graphic issue on the cockpit...

Do you guys have any emitting radars in your missions? Anything that makes the RWR beep?

in my case negativ, just a bunch of T90 on their way to hell ... ;)

but I am sure they fired upon me ... :P

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1