CaptoGloves have arrived

BlacleyCole

This is complete nonsense and false information.

First of all recommended, some product is not the same as implementing only one.

You can choose Saitek or Thrustmaster, BTW Saitek not existing anymore is now Logitec, but you have in-game support for any standard controller. So you can buy cheap no name for few $ or some expensive small series high quality from specialized manufactured controllers like VKB or SMG. Point is you have a choice because any controller working. Its up to you what will you use.

But it this case when working only rift controllers for VR or where they forcing some other specific product is at least not fair and maybe even against the law, at least here in EU is.

You obviously don't know what was happened in the past with on purpose blocking Freetrack standards forcing only one choice for head tracking.

DCS modules are highly expensive products and that is OK and full right from ED to chose product price. But with such price, they must have proper support for that product and even that is obligated by the law soon as they sell one product.

I just want from ED to be fair to us faithful ED consumers to have basic decency and provide us with what we need to fully enjoin in the product we paid. It is not just law obligation it is ED moral obligation even more.

Did I ask something too much or impossible? No, I'm not asking, I'm demanding because it is their obligation to do it in a moment they decide to step out to market and sell this product. Especially if it is easily doable and I prove it is in several cases.

In past DCS versions, Saitek/Thrustmaster joystick lua files came standard. You didn't find Virpil, MS, or any other joystick. All I'm saying is that there is cost to supporting every vendor. Just ask Microsoft and Apple about the difference. You can pout, you can scream, you can complain, you can cajole, but in the end, ED is a business and they have to weigh and prioritize features and functions. That's how business works no matter where you are....well, it is if you want to make a buck.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just stating a fact that NO BUSINESS has limitless resources. As end users, we want it to be easy to adopt, but from ED's perspective, they have no choice but to support the market leaders. They'd be foolish to do otherwise. And for those who will inevitably chime in with "but it's not that hard" have never run a support organization, never had to do regression testing with 8 different permutations (do the math). It's not always about engineering effort, the more important and taxing part is the QA and support that goes into it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I was trying to be constructive but obviously, this is impossible with such people as me.

Sorry, you are right, only Saitek and Thrustmaster works any other joisticknot.

I'm stupid and don't know anything only forcing Leapmotion but now CG working perfect same as DCS VR contolers.

Take my apologize and enjoy in perfect VR controllers in DCS.

Thank you and goodbye.

I was trying to be constructive but obviously, this is impossible with such people as me.

Sorry, you are right, only Saitek and Thrustmaster works any other joisticknot.

I'm stupid and don't know anything only forcing Leapmotion but now CG working perfect same as DCS VR contolers.

Take my apologize and enjoy in perfect VR controllers in DCS.

Thank you and goodbye.

*edit - nevermind*

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

*THAT's* what you got out of it? Really? Look, ED *will* invest in technology if they think they will make a buck. I'm sorry, but ED is a business. Are they passionate about flight sims? Maybe. Are they in a niche market? Absolutely. Do they need to make a buck to stay open? Of course. Which part of that is confusing? They are in it to make money. They do that by making consumers want to buy their product. But you can't demand that they support every little tech that *you* or any other user likes.

They will and have supported VR and for that I'm very thankful. They will support more gloves as the technology matures. It's the way of the future. And to bring up that it may be illegal in EU is laughable. What is illegal about a company adopting to the market leader? You don't think ED will support other platforms eventually? That's all I'm saying. It takes resources and ED has to prioritize. Good lord. It's just a game for goodness sake. If there's money to be made ED would be foolish to not support it. I'll end it here without invoking Godwin's rule.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Like the rest of us you have to wait until CaptoGlove & DCS have time to integrate programming and testing which seems to be taking forever. Cant see how they can keep developing other stuff meantime when they cant seem to figure out how to control the plane/heli using the gloves.

My opinion of late based on the huey and other thing they are doing what gets them hype and money if they are not going to get either them. They may get around to down the road

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.