CaptoGloves have arrived

BlacleyCole

I got them when I checked the mail earlier.well packaged I got them on the charger at the moment.i took a group of. Photos for the blog while unboxing them. The post should be up on the. First along eith mother review of my laptop that I’ve been using since November. I’ll let you know my unbiased opinion in the blog post . A week give or take should be enough to get an initial unbiased opinion. So once it’s up I’ll let you know but I’m willing to answer questions on them and the dcs experience here.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

So cool:D

So can you flip switches and push buttons with these gloves?

Looking forward to seeing more info with these in DCS...

My question too, if the answer is yes, I'll be buying some asap myself. So long as you're able to manipulate the cockpit controls/buttons, I'm in, as I have dozens of hotas including multiple sets of the newest VKB/Virpil stuff, and I have no interest using gloves to control the stick/throttle, even traveling. I do have a high interest in using them for every other control though, so I'm really looking forward to a DCS player's opinion on this.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Sorry do to rl situations I haven’t even been able to do anything more than unbox them. I hope if I’m able tomorrow to try them out in dcs if not I have to make time before Sunday since that’s when my blog goes live and that’s one of the posts planned for the launch.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Very interested in your feedback. Thanks for sharing

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I have had my gloves for about 6 months now and do not think that at the moment you can use them in DCS as they are still not fully implemented into DCS CaptoGlove still testing as far I am aware least that what they reported to me a few days ago. I did try them with another program not long after getting them and they work great but I primarily bought them for DCS and I am sure they will be really effective. I really want hem to work with the in cockpit HOTAS as well whether combined with a real Hotas or not in VR. I have not really played DCS much since I got my VR setup as it looks so good in there compared to a monitor that there is no comparison, the only hang-up is not being able to see the keyboard whilst in VR and I am not a touch typist or have a photographic memory. I have every confidence that when DCSteam and CaptoGlove have finished in next few days (hopefully) that we will have the missing link to make DSC in VR the best experience ever. Probably be better than some £500.00 per hour flight sims like they use to train professional pilots. We just have to remember that patience is a virtue and DCS and CaptoGlove is really testing mine patience.

Do they have feedback like being able to feel the switches and the cockpit wall. Even if it just replaces the mouse I’d buy the left hand one. Can u hold a switch and look to the side and flick it or do u have to look at the switch while u use it?.

the gloves I have do not have haptic feedback although they have now developed it, think you can tell the difference between wood and metal, hot and cold, round and square but still being perfected. When I used my gloves before you had to look at it and switch, like using mouse except you didn't need to catch the mouse first and anyway even in the real aircraft you would still have to look at the switches to locate the one you want. I do not know how dcs/CaptoGlove have configured operation in the new implantation, we will just have to wait and see.

Yeah I would wanna look at the switch i was just asking to see how they worked. It pretty much replaces the mouse in the cockpit for you? I think I might get one, I wanna ditch my mouse so bad and use my left hand to do all the switches. I love the direction this is all going and I can’t wait for the feedback ones they are going to be what it’s all about. Thx for your reply!

Even with my mounted touchpad I still find myself reaching for a switch sometimes without thinking. It would be so cool to be able to actuallly do it. This would be as big as VR for DCS.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Even with my mounted touchpad I still find myself reaching for a switch sometimes without thinking. It would be so cool to be able to actuallly do it. This would be as big as VR for DCS.

Totally agree. Alas I don't think this is going to be the solution. No videos I have seen show off using switches and if they could they would show it and have my order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree. Alas I don't think this is going to be the solution. No videos I have seen show off using switches and if they could they would show it and have my order.

I was acuse that I'm forcing Leapmotion and speaking against Capto Glove.

No Gentleman's, I'm not. I just put some question and impressions got from videos politely ask people who was try CG am I wrong or my impressions is correct or at least partially?

Except attack on my opinion didn't get any answer at all in last 10 days.

This all is remind me on times and similar issue with implementing Freetrack support in DCS what was trying to block by TrackIR lobby in similar way.

In the end we won and get Freetrack support, ED should be opened for all.

If someone is happy with CG let him be and maybe in the end this will be the the best solution for realistic interaction inside cockpit but right now I dont get that impression as well.

And I'm repeating for I don't know how much, I'm not against CG but give me some arguments for it! Is this wort 800$ or not.

Well it is a CaptoGlove thread...

:smilewink:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It was my understanding that Leap Motion wasn’t ready for prime time yet. Has that changed? Because gloveless would be cool. They’re also making advancements with the Kinect2.

We may have several offerings to choose from...

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

I haven’t been able to use them yet had trouble with the configuration software and haven’t got that computer since they sent me new software. I’m looking forward to it. My understanding is currently the replace the mouse in one one ed is partnering with CaptoGloves so full implementation should be around the corner just like the thrustmaster warthog back in the day and with the pair it should be almost mouseless.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

I was acuse that I'm forcing Leapmotion and speaking against Capto Glove.

No Gentleman's, I'm not. I just put some question and impressions got from videos politely ask people who was try CG am I wrong or my impressions is correct or at least partially?

Except attack on my opinion didn't get any answer at all in last 10 days.

This all is remind me on times and similar issue with implementing Freetrack support in DCS what was trying to block by TrackIR lobby in similar way.

In the end we won and get Freetrack support, ED should be opened for all.

If someone is happy with CG let him be and maybe in the end this will be the the best solution for realistic interaction inside cockpit but right now I dont get that impression as well.

And I'm repeating for I don't know how much, I'm not against CG but give me some arguments for it! Is this wort 800$ or not.

Each to there own its your choice its your money, I have found flight simming an expensive hobby over the years and have had to make compromises. I trust that the developers are trying to give us the best experience they can with the available technology but also appreciate that they cannot do everything otherwise they would be forever writing more and more code and then your rig would probably not be able to store or execute the program because it would be too big. I think you seem to perpetually complain because YOU want Leap Motion because you already have it or its what YOU can afford. Stop moaning and enjoy the sim as it is at the moment and give the developers a chance they obviously think this is the best option to fit in with their programming at the moment and I believe they would have done a lot of research on this new technology before committing to it. You never know once they have got this up and running maybe they will have learned enough to get Leap motion working as well.

It was my understanding that Leap Motion wasn’t ready for prime time yet. Has that changed? Because gloveless would be cool. They’re also making advancements with the Kinect2.

We may have several offerings to choose from...

I have leap motion and used it in Prepar3d. I don't anymore because it was so frustrating. I imagine it would be the same in dcs. If you need to flick a switch you need it now, can't be flicking wildly with random results. I really hope captogloves get it right. As I said before if they do then I'll order them. It has to be remembered we are at cutting edge technology here and it takes time.

I'm looking at buying a pair for myself BlacleyCole, so I'd be very interested to know how you get along with them when you have the chance to set them up.

I want to continue using stick and throttle, and just use the gloves to manipulate switches and rotary knobs., so the question is, will they rotate the rotaries, and set the switches in a natural feeling way?

Grabbing hold of the canopy handles in the Hornet on cat launches would be cool too.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

They still wont stop your hand moving so it may be weird to touch inside plane. But least you can point finger out of pit

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the LeapMotion. It's like a grenade. Close enough is good enough. It's OK for playing tennis, or ping pong or something similar. But trying to flick a switch is an exercise in futility. But to be fair, I *never* bought Leap to be able to flick switches. i just needed it for a specific "breakout" like game.

My only concern with the glove is that I need to be able to turn it off and on instantly. I don't want to stare at a discombobulated hand in the SIM. I mean unless ED allows the gloves to be nailed to the arm of the in-body pilot. I just want to flick switches etc. HOWEVER, I don't want it following me when I reach for my button boxes. So that's where my dilemma lies. I want to interact with the cockpit when I want to. But I want to use the button boxes when I want to. So I need to be able to map a button on my TMWH that enables and disables the glove.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Questions:

1. Can you flip three-way switches (left mouse button & right mouse button) with CG and if yes, how?

2. How responsive are they when pushing buttons i.e. do they "wander off" if sensor is lightly out of alignement (like OcculusTouch)?

3. Are they worth getting now or should one wait for a better version/update?

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World