Mirrors

The lighting issue is apparent in the MiG-21, so I don't think it is unique to the Viggen.

Whatever problems the Viggen mirrors may still have, I just tried out the new mirrors in the latest open beta and I was happy to see that all three looked okay in the stock instant action intercept mission.

I must be some kind of weirdo, because mirrors absolutely make a huge difference for me. I was flying WW2 aircraft and the P-51 and Spitfire have mirrors, the Bf109 and Fw190 don't. It dramatically affects my situational awareness, especially in VR where the only rear view you get is the one your neck provides. The visibility limitations of PC flight sims in general, and more specific to DCS World, and VR in particular means that I can have serious problems visually detecting air threats. But I can compensate by dragging unseen threats onto my 6 then spotting them in my mirrors... then making a break turn and picking them up with a direct line of sight. Without mirrors, I frequently die turning in circles looking for a threat that is well within gun range.

The Spitfire, MiG-21, and Viggen all had mirror issues, and now all three work as well as they can in 2.5.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The lighting issue is apparent in the MiG-21, so I don't think it is unique to the Viggen.

Whatever problems the Viggen mirrors may still have, I just tried out the new mirrors in the latest open beta and I was happy to see that all three looked okay in the stock instant action intercept mission.

I must be some kind of weirdo, because mirrors absolutely make a huge difference for me. I was flying WW2 aircraft and the P-51 and Spitfire have mirrors, the Bf109 and Fw190 don't. It dramatically affects my situational awareness, especially in VR where the only rear view you get is the one your neck provides. The visibility limitations of PC flight sims in general, and more specific to DCS World, and VR in particular means that I can have serious problems visually detecting air threats. But I can compensate by dragging unseen threats onto my 6 then spotting them in my mirrors... then making a break turn and picking them up with a direct line of sight. Without mirrors, I frequently die turning in circles looking for a threat that is well within gun range.

The Spitfire, MiG-21, and Viggen all had mirror issues, and now all three work as well as they can in 2.5.

But think of all those neck muscle gains you're missing out on!

:)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Can you reproduce in another jet?

Thanks for support Cobra847!

Did a "repair" of the game after last hotfix and the bug is gone. Weird but nice. Also deleted/rebuilded shaders. No mods in use here so don't know what happens the other day.

Mirrors are nice now (with low or high clouds at night)

:thumbup:

That's how it looks for me, i did a repair but no change. Do i miss a setting/option? Running the latest open beta.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

That's how it looks for me, i did a repair but no change. Do i miss a setting/option? Running the latest open beta.

Are you sure you activated "Mirrors" in the OPTIONS -> GAMEPLAY?

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Are you sure you activated "Mirrors" in the OPTIONS -> GAMEPLAY?

Thank you very much, i knew there was a mirrors setting, somewhere. :D I did a quick look through the settings to find it before posting the picture, but i didn't find it. And i didn't bother much because they were working in the FA-18, turns out they work in the Hornet even if the option is disabled.

Thank you again, i have working mirrors in my Viggen! :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Is there a click spot for the mirrors?

What do you mean?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Skyracer. A Click spot is a place in the virtual cockpit where if you click your mouse to has an effect. In this case you click a spot and the mirrors turn on or off. Like beppe said other modules have them. If you fly in VR it is essential.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

From the latest patch notes:

• Added realtime mirror rendering
  • Added clickable helpers to disable mirrors

Where do i have to click? I have mirrors enabled in the gameplay settings and they are nice an fluid now, way better than before. Alt+M disables the animation, but i can't find where to click to disable them? By ''clickable helpers to disable mirrors'' do mean that one can fold them up like in the SU-25T or is it meant to be equivelant to Alt+M?

BTW: i absoluetly love the faint green radar light reflections of the mirros in the canopy at night.....thats the stuff!

Edited by sc_neo