Mirrors

I doubt that anyone here, besides the developers, could answer that.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

"Not until the graphics engine makes it possible without rendering the screen separately for each mirror (with its attached overhead)" is the answer they've give, if I'm not misinformed.

Edited by Quip

"Not until the graphics engine makes it possible without rendering the screen separately for each mirror (with its attached overhead)" is the answer they've give, if I'm not misinformed.

I'd settle for having it render on just one of the three (the top one) for now and black the other two out...

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Cant see why is the mirror so important to some virtual pilots, on an aircraft meant for ground strike

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Cant see why is the mirror so important to some virtual pilots, on an aircraft meant for ground strike

It just to make sure nobody is behind you ... MiG-21 on ACG sometimes are ...

Never noticed that? :smartass:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...

To check your wingman position? To see the target impact area after strike? To see possible heatseeker trail launched after you?

To see rear when you are in dog fight because someone sneaked in while you didn't do your check turns in time and spot the silent hunter trailing you and your wingman...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any ETA on mirrors?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Mirror mirror on the wall, who has the sexiest canards of them all?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

The mirrors will be available on Wednesday.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215712

Tack som fan! / Thank you very much!

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Mirror mirror on the wall, who has the sexiest canards of them all?

Rafale! Rafale! Rafale! :megalol:

Sorry, couldn't resist. I still like my Viggen. :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

The mirrors will be available on Wednesday.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215712

Thanks a lot for the update, absolutely loved the raindrops effect ... however it seems that the mirrors still need tuning: their brightness doesnt match the one you see if you just turn your head backwards, the top mirror isnt working and finally the keybind to turn them off/on doesnt seem to work:

p4rCH7N.jpg

The 3º noseup trim on spawn seems to work well, and the lighting of the cockpit seems fine, including the taxi lights ... so all in all a worthwhile update.

Also, loved the RC manual and hope the full Campaign will be finished soon.

Thanks a lot,

Thanks a lot for the update, absolutely loved the raindrops effect ... however it seems that the mirrors still need tuning: their brightness doesnt match the one you see if you just turn your head backwards, the top mirror isnt working and finally the keybind to turn them off/on doesnt seem to work:

p4rCH7N.jpg

The 3º noseup trim on spawn seems to work well, and the lighting of the cockpit seems fine, including the taxi lights ... so all in all a worthwhile update.

Also, loved the RC manual and hope the full Campaign will be finished soon.

Thanks a lot,

We noticed the brightness discreprancy as well - but we are unsure whether it is Viggen specific (it shouldn't be). We're investigating.

The top mirror does work, though we may need to point it down slightly more.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We noticed the brightness discreprancy as well - but we are unsure whether it is Viggen specific (it shouldn't be). We're investigating.

The top mirror does work, though we may need to point it down slightly more.

Don't worry too much, the problem with the lighting is related to the F-15 as well, I've seen this not long ago.

If you don't mind, yes, the mirror might be pointed a little down, that would help.

It seems to me that weather effects are generally not rendered in the mirrors, always sunshine :)

And by the way: good updates, we have moved a big step forward, and as always: thanks for the efforts guys making this module the best DCS module on the planet!

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1