Introducing the VPC WarBRD

Cyph3r

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So can I assume this is the best replacement gimbal for TM Warthog? then my card is ready

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | Dominator 32GB 3000MHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING Z | 2TB SSD & 1TB HDD | Acer H277HU 27" WQHD | Audeze Mobius | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Pro

The cams definitely look laser cut based on the edge finish and HAZ coloration.

They look just like the regular laser-cut cams of BRD. BRD cams are very precisely and smoothly cutted and never required any polishing or sanding.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Hi,

Any plans for a twist mechanism?

pngflyer

The twist-capable models are planned for 2018.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

• 2 weeks later...

Things seem to have gone fairly quiet on the Virpil front of late.

Hoping we hear more about the throttle soon also.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Things seem to have gone fairly quiet on the Virpil front of late.

Hoping we hear more about the throttle soon also.

Don't worry, we're still here! We're working around the clock on the MT-50 Throttle, VPC WarBRD and VPC Constellation Delta :thumbup:

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Durability Testing of the VPC WarBRD Mechanism

The tests emulated the forces the mechanism will experience in normal use - although obviously exaggerated! The tests simulated what could be considered as 5 years of hard 8-hour day usage.

Baur was sent this sample after the tests and he concluded that the unit was in fact slightly better due to the fact the contact points were slightly more polished after the intense tests! He was very pleased with the results and quality of the construction and encountered no unpleasant wear compared to the untested samples.

It's worth noting that we do not actually recommend using the VPC WarBRD with extensions - this was done in the tests to exaggerate the load.

:joystick:

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The tests emulated the forces the mechanism will experience in normal use - although obviously exaggerated! The tests simulated what could be considered as 5 years of hard 8-hour day usage.

Baur was sent this sample after the tests and he concluded that the unit was in fact slightly better due to the fact the contact points were slightly more polished after the intense tests! He was very pleased with the results and quality of the construction and encountered no unpleasant wear compared to the untested samples.

It's worth noting that we do not actually recommend using the VPC WarBRD with extensions - this was done in the tests to exaggerate the load.

Cyph3r,

Next time, please try not to shake the camera so much. It was very hard to watch due to all the shaking....oh wait! LOL. Nicely done. Somehow, I'm thinking other popular joysticks will have an issue with the same test. :joystick::joystick:

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Why don't you recommend extensions? Just curious :)

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

If we add an extension, say for helicopter flight, it shouldn't effect anything negatively, correct?

I would imagine the gimbal design and hardware do not allow for use with extensions.

Certainly one I guess could do it anyway but probably would not be supported say in warranty and therefore not recommended by VPC.

A lower priced gimbal would have to have some concessions.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

A lower priced gimbal would have to have some concessions.

T50 gimbal ~$ 234.00

WarBRD ~$ 202.00

No much difference in price, so if the guy want use extension get T50 base instead.

The extension restriction is probable due CAM geometry/springs - Like in BRD gimbals, D is not suitable, DS and N is and design is very similar in all.

BRD design allow a more low profile gimbal, desirable for desktop use, and even so may result practical only with Delta grip, since T50 is very tall.

Constructively WarBRD looks more sturdy than BRD gimbals in what is based.

I suspect you'll find that this was designed specifically with "desktop mount" or "side mount" in mind. Not that it's a bad thing, I know I appreciated that, as one of my set ups demands a stick with no extension.

Z...

Yeah, i was thinking more along the lines of mechanical issues.

T50 gimbal ~$ 234.00

WarBRD ~$ 202.00

No much difference in price, so if the guy want use extension get T50 base instead.

The extension restriction is probable due CAM geometry/springs - Like in BRD gimbals, D is not suitable, DS and N is and design is very similar in all.

BRD design allow a more low profile gimbal, desirable for desktop use, and even so may result practical only with Delta grip, since T50 is very tall.

Constructively WarBRD looks more sturdy than BRD gimbals in what is based.

Yeah, i wonder what the maximum spring tension with extension is vs the t50...

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

Deleted

Edited by sze5003

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• 4 months later...

Just ordered one .....I'm thinking a 3" extension should be OK....

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2