104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

So would replacing those skins on my end, you use on the server, with agressor type or similar be doable? Or is that something that is set up for validation check?

I guess it makes it easier to balance teams when you mix up the planes for each sides.

ATM i fly mostly the -21. So if i'm stable and my target is stable i can easily IFF with radar.

A small bank, even if lead pursuit flying close, radar barely work.

It's when you suddenly meet another jet (in a valley or something) that it's difficult to visually IFF.

Is this not a problem on the newer type Jets?

So would replacing those skins on my end, you use on the server, with agressor type or similar be doable? Or is that something that is set up for validation check?

I'm pretty certain you can use whatever skins you like on our server since they aren't covered by integrity checks.

Zoom in, check the markings on the wings. It's really not that big of an issue.

And then you get shot down repeatedly because you are always unsure if you're going to shoot down a team mate. There isn't even any use to bring AA missiles on the Su-25 and A-10 for this reason because you can never use them from fear of shooting a friendly.

I have been within visual range of enemy fighters in the A-10 and Su-25 and have had no idea if I should shoot or not, and then get killed. At least if I can I.D the aircraft type I will know if its friend or foe. This does not work as both sides are flying the same aircraft with no AWACS support to tell you whats up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

And then you get shot down repeatedly because you are always unsure if you're going to shoot down a team mate. There isn't even any use to bring AA missiles on the Su-25 and A-10 for this reason because you can never use them from fear of shooting a friendly.

104th missions tend to keep A2G objectives separated between red and blue by a long distance so the chances of red A-10 and blue A-10 facing off are not there unless one of those guys goes out to solely shoot down aircraft.

If you're in a striker then you shouldn't be looking for fighters to shoot down, your missiles are there for self defence. If you're being engaged by a fighter then you need to get out of dodge and call for support and only in a worst case scenario do you engage the fighter, in that case you should have a pretty good idea of who the bandit is as he is either engaging you or friendlies. It can become pretty apparent when a bandit is in town and discerning them from friendlies is not too hard, plenty of striker pilots successfully manage to take them down without making teamkills, its all down to experience and SA.

Ultimately if you're flying a striker in a multi platform server with the threat of enemy fighters then you need to buddy up with a fighter or two, either with friends or on the servers TS to give you the required info and support.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

But is it really their fault? If both sides have access to the same aircraft, it makes IFF next to impossible for aircraft that have no radar.

Why does F-15 vs Su-27 suck?

Also Blue have A-10A/C and Red have Su-25/T

Huey vs Mi-8, Sabre vs Mig.

The actual missions are fantastic, just the plane sets seem to be more of a sandbox selection and now we have problems with teamkills because you have both sides flying the same aircraft and no AWACS to help.

i AGREE 100%. Theres also a flip side to the coin where you want server population and thats where the 104th have hit the nail on the hammer and have made a mix of everything for everyone, from the noob to the ace which does have its perks and its destructive nature at times, Remember boys, not every 12 y/o on mommy and daddy's computer has TS or knows what to do, they are just there to blow stuff up and be in bed by 7.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

If you're in a striker then you shouldn't be looking for fighters to shoot down, your missiles are there for self defence.

True, but I am the one being teamkilled by other ground attack aircraft. Then a Su-27 was behind me and I assumed he was friendly but next moment I am shot down. Its very hard to type in text or communicate, because it is a split second decision which will either save your life or kill you.

I am hoping soon with DCS 2, the server population will be big enough to allow servers to go true Red vs Blue to solve this issue.

Well I have been reading through the last couple of pages on this thread and all I can say is TEAMSPEAK... if everyone was to be using team speak then it would clear up a lot of this teamkill trouble. I sometimes wish the 104th would make it mandatory to use teamspeak.

Is this 104th server only compatible with the OpenBeta build? I try to connect with standard DCS World V1.2.15 final and it just won't connect, yet when I try with the OpenBeta it does. :wallbash:

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

Hi and a newbi question:

I would like to master the SU-27 before anything else. I joined for some rounds on your server and TS and it was a blast(Even though I did not kill anyone and the other guy in ts channel were as green as myself)

So I am only familiar with the Sukhoi N001 radar and I want to ask if I spot a bandit that are also flying the Su-27 will I get a single row of dots or a will I see a double row which I understand is friendly aircraft? - Can the radar be fooled like this. I did also get single rows with four dots. But not being sure if the radar look for red/blue team planes or how it works I decided to not engage anything unless they shoot first(I need to learn when to pull defensive)

I had absolutely no idea who was who.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to many good hours in this game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Single row 1 dot is enemy missile 2 dots is enemy fighter 4 dots is tanker/awacs

Two rows is friendly

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My recommendation is yes please make the server a true red vs blue. NATO aircraft on blue and well red aircraft on red. Right now it's just a call of duty spam fest with the call of duty fc3 aircraft going after anything that moves.

Biggest problem is not everybody is on team speak so team continuity is impossible. Oh f15 spike on rwr is that friend or foe? Obviously should be friendly only when on blue. Please take this into consideration as its a great server to get on and do some team work in many different modules.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

My recommendation is yes please make the server a true red vs blue. NATO aircraft on blue and well red aircraft on red. Right now it's just a call of duty spam fest with the call of duty fc3 aircraft going after anything that moves.

Biggest problem is not everybody is on team speak so team continuity is impossible. Oh f15 spike on rwr is that friend or foe? Obviously should be friendly only when on blue. Please take this into consideration as its a great server to get on and do some team work in many different modules.

The problem with doing that is it'll be the f15 vs everything worse than it, as it is now both teams have equal plane sets, its not a real war and having one team always get totally demolished is no fun, even if it is more realistic.

And comms are great with an organized group of people who actually know what to say on them, and on 104th comms, those people are the exception, not the rule

Edited by Hadwell

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The f15 is no where nearly realistically modeled. It's even su27 vs f15. Their both nerfed for fairness not simulated realism

If you remove the aim120 and r27er yeah their similar

But In dcs they should just rename the f-15 to spamraam launcher mk.1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you for reply.

I stuck with the HDD where i totally forgot that triangles and circles is maybe the best indicator to see friend or foe, for a new sim pilot like me. I did not know the single dot is a missile but I have never seen it either.

Why not set up "one day a week with Eagles vs Sukhoi's" I saw yesterday the server was full so there must be options/playerbase enough to set up another server with West vs East. I imagine this have been tried already maybe ending in the above mentioned stomping. (Which I am still to green to see why exatly,. Tactics and bla bla)

But I do fail to see the logic having MIG 15bis and Sabre's. What crowd do you want to play on your server =)

I hope that this is not a case where the more I learn about the game the less I think dc(s)

simulation is there. ShitThunder should be a good ex.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Give me my datalink back that works well and my MIG29C....

Then we are on equal footing.

Fix the missile logic so the R27s track and introduce advanced targeting on SU/MIG

Durring the cold war allied stikers were not allowed to fly with ecm on because the russian aircrafts were able to track and lock the emmision source.

This feature will be intoduced when we are looooong dissillusioned by games ;)

What i like to see from the 104th is to introduce password to the server. Join TS to obtain key....

yeah I know... not all players speak english... well... join anyway and you get to practice...

its only numbers and a handfull of phrases.

4-5 player in a chanel is just managable....

See you in my crosschair!

Hi again.

I've changed some liveries (on my end) to make it more different from each side.

I now have camo/agressor for Red, and mostly clean on Blue.

I noticed that you have the same camo, regardless of side, for the MiG-21.

Could this be changed to:

Northeria, for blue

VVS 185th, for Red

Please :)

Sorry for the last post which made a big mess. :music_whistling:

We are running night missions for a few days on the server.

All 5 missions have been set to sunset and the summer sun will slowly dip below the horizon.

Hope no one is scared of the dark!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad