Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Hi Alaskan Grizzly,

Today I try the "dynamic mission briefing" and work fine in SP mode, but not in MP mode, do you think it's possible to fix this problem, It will be an amazing functionnality in multi player mission.

Again thanks for your hard working.

Rgds

Guillaume

Version 1.7.0.3 Released

Version 1.7.0.3 is now available.

-Fixed 'ParseDouble' crash on startup for some users.

This should fix the 'ParseDouble' error people are getting. I had to tweak the logic a bit more for the DCS 2.5 Caucusus terrain file structure changes while also trying to maintain backwards compatibility for DCS 1.5.

Please continue to post problems to me here on the forums or via email at s13solutions@gmail.com. I apologize for all the late replies, my real job keeps getting in the way.

A big thanks to everyone who emailed me their errors.

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

Why would "Kneedboard Settings" be grayed out?

If Kneeboard Builder can't find or access the files at '...DCS World/Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/Cockpit/ViewportHandling.lua' and '...Saved Games/Config/options.lua.' the 'Kneeboard Settings' option will be greyed out.

Generally, either Kneeboard Builder is pointing to the wrong DCS install directory or the ViewportHandling.lua is in use and locked by another program or mod.

Hi Alaskan Grizzly,

Today I try the "dynamic mission briefing" and work fine in SP mode, but not in MP mode, do you think it's possible to fix this problem, It will be an amazing functionnality in multi player mission.

Again thanks for your hard working.

Rgds

Guillaume

I'll have to take a look at that again now that 2.5 has dropped. I had difficulty getting it to work in the past because singleplayer missions load differently than multiplayer missions and I could never quite find where the multiplayer .miz file is saved to when a player connects to a server.

I'll have to take a look at that again now that 2.5 has dropped. I had difficulty getting it to work in the past because singleplayer missions load differently than multiplayer missions and I could never quite find where the multiplayer .miz file is saved to when a player connects to a server.
Ok, I didn't know that worked before the version 2.5 of DCS

I'm not developer and can't help you, sry :(

Problems Running Kneeboard Builder

A week ago I had a working version of Kneeboard Builder. It was functioning for both single player and Multi-player activity. Then I had a significant problem with my system, unknown cause, that ultimately required a reload of Windows 10... That performed (actually a reset) I began reloading programs including Kneeboard builder. I initially used the downloaded version that was still on my computer... that didn't work... It seemed to install OK, but when I attempted to run it... the initial ICON started OK but stayed there with nothing further... It seemed stalled or stuck. so I uninstalled that version and downloaded a fresh copy... newest version from Kneeboard website (on 21 May). After installing I started it up and it stalled out exactly like the previous copy/version.

Is this just my system or was there a larger problem? Can you help?

Bonz...

Iirc. I had a problem when I initially installed mine the first time and it had to do with where i saved it in the wrong directory so i would check that

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

A week ago I had a working version of Kneeboard Builder. It was functioning for both single player and Multi-player activity. Then I had a significant problem with my system, unknown cause, that ultimately required a reload of Windows 10... That performed (actually a reset) I began reloading programs including Kneeboard builder. I initially used the downloaded version that was still on my computer... that didn't work... It seemed to install OK, but when I attempted to run it... the initial ICON started OK but stayed there with nothing further... It seemed stalled or stuck. so I uninstalled that version and downloaded a fresh copy... newest version from Kneeboard website (on 21 May). After installing I started it up and it stalled out exactly like the previous copy/version.

Is this just my system or was there a larger problem? Can you help?

Bonz...

Sometimes the error popup gets stuck behind the splash screen so you can't see it. If you alt-tab it should eventually show up.

Can you send me your windows error logs right after you try running Kneeboard Builder? They will give me a good idea of what the problem is.

For windows 10:

Right click on the start menu -> computer management -> expand 'event viewer' -> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

To save your all events: right click on application -> save all events as -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

To save a single event: right click on the event(s) you want to save -> save selected event -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

E-mail the logs to me at s13solutions@gmail.com.

I currently have 1.5.8, 2.5.0, 2.5.1 with corresponding %userprofile%\Saved Games\DCS.1_5, DCS and DCS.openbeta folders. Am I right to assume that I can just assign each of these installations to a corresponding drop-down in the preferences? What should go in the Saved Games Directory field, the full path or just the path to Saved Games? While it "remembers" the 2.5.0 and 2.5.1 installation, it doesn't remember the 1.5.8 installation.

Sorry if already asked and answered, I did try to search in this thread, but didn't find.

Thanks for any response.

**** EDIT **** To answer my own question, it looks as if it must point to Saved Games and not the respective subfolder. And I guess 1.5.8 is not supported?

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I currently have 1.5.8, 2.5.0, 2.5.1 with corresponding %userprofile%\Saved Games\DCS.1_5, DCS and DCS.openbeta folders. Am I right to assume that I can just assign each of these installations to a corresponding drop-down in the preferences? What should go in the Saved Games Directory field, the full path or just the path to Saved Games? While it "remembers" the 2.5.0 and 2.5.1 installation, it doesn't remember the 1.5.8 installation.

Sorry if already asked and answered, I did try to search in this thread, but didn't find.

Thanks for any response.

**** EDIT **** To answer my own question, it looks as if it must point to Saved Games and not the respective subfolder. And I guess 1.5.8 is not supported?

It may be having difficulty distinguishing between the stable versions now that there are two of them. I'll have to take a look at it.

It may be having difficulty distinguishing between the stable versions now that there are two of them. I'll have to take a look at it.

Thanks for replying. It seems to be ok for OpenBeta ->2.5.1, Standard -> 2.5.0; but seems to be unaware of 1.5.8 (which I tried to assign to OpenAlpha).

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I am still having an issue with the Kneeboard builder program hanging in windows 10 when I try selecting a profile from the taskbar. I have tried running as admin, but every time, it will lock up kneeboard builder and I have to kill it via task manager. This happens weather or not DCS (open beta) is running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Me too.....

Very sad.

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

I am still having an issue with the Kneeboard builder program hanging in windows 10 when I try selecting a profile from the taskbar. I have tried running as admin, but every time, it will lock up kneeboard builder and I have to kill it via task manager. This happens weather or not DCS (open beta) is running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which aircraft are you trying to set the profile for?

Which aircraft are you trying to set the profile for?

The only thing I try to do is to change the position.....but even at this point the software hangs...

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

Guys, just loaded the Kneeboardbuilder, but when launching the tool, i get an error-message, which in short states, it wants to load files from c:\....... , but my DCS files are on a SSD named F:

I don´t even get to the point where i can tell the tool whrere my DCS is located...

Any ideas?

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

Guys, just loaded the Kneeboardbuilder, but when launching the tool, i get an error-message, which in short states, it wants to load files from c:\....... , but my DCS files are on a SSD named F:

I don´t even get to the point where i can tell the tool whrere my DCS is located...

Any ideas?

Extract the attached file to your Kneeboard Builder folder. Open the file with a text editor like Notepad++ and change the 'DCSpath' and 'SavedGamesPath' to match your system.

KneeboardBuilder.exe.Config.zip

Version 1.7.0.4 Released

Version 1.7.0.4 is now available.

-Added 'Standard 1.5.8' to DCS Version selection in Preferences window.

-Preferences selection window will now appear when Kneeboard Builder is opened for the first time.

-Added custom kneeboard support for SA342Minigun.

-AJS37 kneeboard size and position profiles working again.

-Added Persian Gulf dynamic radio pages.

Thanks again to everyone that pointed out errors to me.

Did my recent update fix the hanging problem you were experiencing?

No, unfortunatly not :cry:

EDIT: There was an update....will figure it out!

No. Nothing changed.....cleaned all. Completly deletet all I could find relatet to this and installed Kneeboardbuilder fresh.

Set up the Kneeboardposition....try to set this profile.....App hangs...

Edited by Quax456

No, unfortunatly not :cry:

EDIT: There was an update....will figure it out!

No. Nothing changed.....cleaned all. Completly deletet all I could find relatet to this and installed Kneeboardbuilder fresh.

Set up the Kneeboardposition....try to set this profile.....App hangs...

If you 'alt-tab' when it hangs does an error pop-up?