F18 Keybinds after 07/18/18 Update

=4c=Nikola

Could someone explaing better what to edit?

it's not very clear to me on page 10

Refer to Eldur example of the coding structure for the joystick and throttle .diff.lua files

Thanks for clarifying. The changes must be deeper inside as in the default.lua (joystick) the only change was the addition of these:

--NightVision
{combos = {{key = 'H', reformers = {'RShift'}}}           , down    = iCommandViewNightVisionGogglesOn   , name = _('Toggle goggles')   , category = _('Sensors')},
{combos = {{key = 'H', reformers = {'RShift','RCtrl'}}}, pressed = iCommandPlane_Helmet_Brightess_Up  , name = _('Gain goggles up')  , category = _('Sensors')},
{combos = {{key = 'H', reformers = {'RShift','RAlt'}}} , pressed = iCommandPlane_Helmet_Brightess_Down, name = _('Gain goggles down'), category = _('Sensors')},

So for example the ATC button mapping got removed:

{    down = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_ATC,                                up = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_ATC,                                cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS,    value_down =  1.0,    value_up = 0.0,    name = _('ATC Engage/Disengage Switch'),                    category = {_('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},

In my build 411 diff my mapping was:

["d3037pnilu3037[u]cd[b]38[/b][/u]vd1vpnilvu0"] = {
           ["added"] = {
               [1] = {
                   ["key"] = "JOY_BTN6",
               },
           },
           ["name"] = "ATC Engage/Disengage Switch",
       },

In the new build diff.lua after remapping (why was the last number in version omitted btw?):

["d3037pnilu3037[u]cd[b]13[/b][/u]vd1vpnilvu0"] = {
           ["added"] = {
               [1] = {
                   ["key"] = "JOY_BTN6",
               },
           },
           ["name"] = "ATC Engage/Disengage Switch",
       },

I see what you did there. Just the simple question is: Why? When learning how to write software, one of the first things I learned was "never change auto generated IDs by hand", at least in databases.

At least we know this is not due to any kind of bug, but internal development process. More importantly, we know when it happens again.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of my keybinds for Hornet were lost too, special for joystick commands were mostly preserved. Didn't take too long to rebind but i hope this doesn't happen again. If somehow my binds for all modules would be lost THAT would be real disaster.

Accidents happen but if this was just a typo or something in a wrong place or something very little detail, i really hope that anyone who has not updated yet will get a fixed update atleast...? or am i missing something?
The answer is either edit the lua file as said above or rebind your controls. Both approaches take approximately 10 minutes. No hot fix mentioned.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

The reason the Key Bindings were reset is because Items were added and Key ID's were changed.

This is Early Access, so expect things like this to happen when major function keys are added.

Yes, there was our mistake in script. Your workaround (search and engage replace 'cd38' by 'cd13') is absolutely correct. For people who are not so familiar with script editing I recommend just reassign necessary Hornet buttons - it takes 5 minuts, no more.

Good catch!

Any word on if the numbers will change back next patch or will they leave them the same?

i7 2600k @ 4.4 / GTX 470 1.3gb / 8GB DDR3 1600 / TM Warthog #7440 / Toshiba 37" 1080p / OCZ Vertex3 SSD 128GB / Win7-64 / TIR4

Open your diff.lua file in notepad++, click search, replace, find cd38 replace with cd13

Even better explanation. Thanks Kayos! :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

i just updated and yes some controls were unbinded, was not too bad, all the curves, axis, even seat adjustment and ldg light button was still set on joystick. and most importantly the view buttons. Trim, weapon release, speed brake, tdc, acm modes, weapon selector, dispenser.... i think that was it.

There are 20 entries for cd38, change them all? doesnt work for me. I am using CTS profile from Homefries for my Warthog.

So heres what I did.. Deleted my joystick config:

Thrustmaster Virtual Game Controller (root) {3661D280-3499-11e6-8004-444553540000}.diff.lua

in:

C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\FA-18C_hornet\joystick

Next goto:

C:\Users\username\Documents\TARGET Profiles\CTS\_for Saved Games_DCS\TARGET LUA Profiles\FA-18C

and edit:

TARGET FA18C WH v220.diff.lua

Search and replace all "cd38" with "cd13"

save file.

Goto CTS app and "BUILD SCRIPT"

Clear the column (might can skip this step)

Reload your "Virtual Game Controller" with "TARGET FA18C WH v220.diff.lua"

Should work fine!

Edited by maestro72x

What's the point of editing the files if the next update messes them up again? Has there been an official statement on this?

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Wow... 17 pages about a hiccup to control settings.

Sounds like a lot of people need to stick to "Stable" version. Takes just a couple of minutes to reset the controls.

It's going to happen again so get use to it or go stable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Wow... 17 pages about a hiccup to control settings.

Sounds like a lot of people need to stick to "Stable" version. Takes just a couple of minutes to reset the controls.

It's going to happen again so get use to it or go stable.

My thinking exactly. It's what i'll be doing if they show no interest in fixing it :thumbup:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

• ED Team
Module is in extensive development and such things could happen. I want to apologize, this particular case is my omission.

What's the point of editing the files if the next update messes them up again? Has there been an official statement on this?

The same thing is not planned to next update. Numbers are changed and there is no plan to make such change again. But the module is W.I.P. and different things can happen.

Hey Guys

I need your help. Just made the update and as already mentioned, I also lost all my keybindings.

I then deleted the category of of the TM Warthog Joystick and Throttle and then I loaded the hornet profile I used before (was Wags Stick & Throttle diff LUA file). After the import of Wags file, the keybindings aren‘t available. The Joystick in the option menu is empty and my trottle also doesn‘t work correctly.

What can I do? Thanks in advance for your help.

Weasel,

It looks like loading profiles just makes things get worse. I think that might be how my gun trigger function got disabled. I am no expert but to get everything fixed I had to edit the joy and throttle files (in your case the wag's files) and then insert them into my saved games folder as shown above instead of loading them as a profile.

this is the directory where the joystick and throttle files are:

%userprofile%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\FA-18C_hornet\joystick

I used and old backup of the files and did a find and replace of cd38 with cd13 then put them in the above directory to replace the files that came with the new version. That fixed all of my problems.

slyfly

The same thing is not planned to next update. Numbers are changed and there is no plan to make such change again. But the module is W.I.P. and different things can happen.

Good to know! :thumbup:

Will the change transfer to stable as well?

It's not an issue that should be fixed.

During development stuff changes which affects config files, and this means the existing ones have to be replaced. Attempting to merge a user's custom configs with new ones (either during the update or manually) is prone to errors, which would make identifying actual problems much more difficult.

Best advice is to leave controller default as much as possible, and do the remapping (both keybinding and curves etc.) in the respective profiling software. Takes a bit of effort, but is far more robust.

And if you're joystick doesn't have a program? It is a problem with ED. They always assign axis to empty USB devices that cause erratic behavior. And they don't make it very easy to adopt multiple planes. I would live a hierarchical design where you can tell every fixed wing use XYZ for joy/rudder/throttle and do the aircraft specific assignments within the aircraft.

It's an annoyance, but as more and more planes/choppers are released, it's going to get messier.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Weasel,

It looks like loading profiles just makes things get worse. I think that might be how my gun trigger function got disabled. I am no expert but to get everything fixed I had to edit the joy and throttle files (in your case the wag's files) and then insert them into my saved games folder as shown above instead of loading them as a profile.

I used and old backup of the files and did a find and replace of cd38 with cd13 then put them in the above directory to replace the files that came with the new version. That fixed all of my problems.

slyfly

Thanks for your post, rtimmons.

Seems I already made things even worst :cry: First I cleared all keybindings in the option controller menu in DCS World and tried to input Wags Joy and Throttle files. As this didn‘t work I, I deleted the LUA files in the Saved Games folder and copied Wags files in the Saved Games folder. I then replaced cd38 with cd13 but this also doesn‘t work.

I believe it would be best solution to start from the beginning but how should I do that? Would it work to clear all keybindings in the option menu, replace wags files with cd13 and copy paste to the Saved Games folder?

Weasel,

slyfly

Wow what an easy fix. Thanks a bunch!

Anyone know how to get my Joystick Modifiers to work? They seem to be highlighted in RED.

The cd38 to cd13 worked like a charm. Thx!!!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

Weasel,

Only two files are affected by this. If you delete them in your saved games folder then they will be regenerated once you modify any key bindings. You could delete your joy and throttle files in saved games and then get new files from DCS World (stable version) saved games and put them in your open beta saved games after they are modified for the cd38 vs cd13 issue. Or you could just remap your controllers. Any time you bring an older version of these files to the newer version they need the mod before they will be compatible. I am pretty sure this will eventually hit the stable version because the did a fix to the older version that caused the incompatibly of these files in the new version. It won't likely be changed back.

slyfly